• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The Monday maintenance to Smash Bros. which many speculate will come with something new like characters or balance.
Eh, that's not until 6:00-7:00 PM Pacific Time tomorrow, actually. But yeah, based on the fact that it says only Online Play and Rankings (there is etc. next to them as well, so maybe it's something more then just those two, hmm? :3) may be unavailable on the Nintendo website, it may as well just be a fix for those only or likewise. It's just uncertain. With the timing of that boss mode leak (although I believe its fake), an update is possibly being foreshadowed.

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
We're all so desperate that we're clinging to anything that could potentially show a date.
"Sakurai created Kirby. Kirby eats a lot, so he must be full all the time, and he is round, like the moon. The next full moon is September 27. That's the day that the Smart 1 satellite was launched into space. September is also the month that the Soviet Union sent a dog called Liza into space. Dogs are the descendants of wolves. #WolfConfirmed"

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
We're all so desperate that we're clinging to anything that could potentially show a date.
"Sakurai created Kirby. Kirby eats a lot, so he must be full all the time, and he is round, like the moon. The next full moon is September 27. That's the day that the Smart 1 satellite was launched into space. September is also the month that the Soviet Union sent a dog called Liza into space. Dogs are the descendants of wolves. #WolfConfirmed"
Great Scott, Batman!

cothero

Smash Lord
Eh, that's not until 6:00-7:00 PM Pacific Time tomorrow, actually. But yeah, based on the fact that it says only Online Play and Rankings (there is etc. next to them as well, so maybe it's something more then just those two, hmm? :3) may be unavailable on the Nintendo website, it may as well just be a fix for those only or likewise. It's just uncertain. With the timing of that boss mode leak (although I believe its fake), an update is possibly being foreshadowed.
Yep, that settles it.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So I saw the Leak
I guess Nabbit doesn't exist
Because he's labeled as a Boss in every sense of the term
And is the only one able to actually move (Ridley just sorta claws and/or flies) and jump
Yet he is oddly missed out.
Ho-Hum.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey guys: Did you notice the first image of that boss mode leak has a red light directly under the image of Master Hand? That comes from Laptops, if I'm not mistaken. Based on that detail, I believe it is fake (red light also appears in third image of the 6 images shown).

EDIT: I just noticed that if you look VERY CLOSELY in the image, there is a black wire behind the laptop/computer. Also, the entire screen is not covered, as the top left corner where the wire is appears to be in the shape of a Laptop. I can confirm its most likely fake now because of this evidence.

Image:

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Repost this in the Wolf thread immediately.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hey guys: Did you notice the first image of that boss mode leak has a red light directly under the image of Master Hand? That comes from Laptops, if I'm not mistaken. Based on that detail, I believe it is fake (red light also appears in third image of the 6 images shown).

EDIT: I just noticed that if you look VERY CLOSELY in the image, there is a black wire behind the laptop/computer. Also, the entire screen is not covered, as the top left corner where the wire is appears to be in the shape of a Laptop. I can confirm its fake now because of this evidence.

Image:

I believe your finding of this being fake is correct, but it's worth pointing out that not all laptops have that sort of power LED (I must admit to never having seen such an oddly-shaped thing on one), but some brands of TVs and monitors commonly do. I don't think that changes anything, though. :p

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
"When beating the mode, you'll get a trophy from a boss from that character's game. Samus gets another Ridley trophy, ZSS gets Meta Ridley, Luigi gets King Boo, you get the idea."

Someone ask him what trophy is obtained by beating the boss mode with Villager or Wii Fit Trainer, please. :p
Too bad Diddy couldn't have Wizpig.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
anyone seen this>
https://twitter.com/CyberCarbon717/status/638096887376166913
take leaks with a grain of salt. but this actually sounds rather cool. and a good compromise for ridley fans. and we get master hand and co too!
i mean..... this is probably fake. but the entire roster was leaked months before the games release (pre-dlc, obviously) and this sounds so far out of left field it makes me curious....
but then again... tower of smash.
it's from /v/

dont bother with it

Pakky

Smash Hero
this is funny

I hahah I figured as much,I mean everytime you beat the hands on harder difficulties it could be considered a boss rush because you fight seven (possibly 8 when you include the actual core)
entities, mind you they are the same being but still.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
What can I say, I'm kinky like that.

Anyway back to Croc King. Do you guys think he'll shoot out cannonballs and spikes from his blunderbuss if it's part of his movest, or maybe just barrels and poison gases since bowser jr. and dedede already do that?
I imagine shooting a spiked cannonball that remains on the stage as a hazard. This makes it unique in execution compared to Jr and Dedede. How to balance? Given its a powerful trap I'd say being slow and leaving K Rool without a special whilst the hazard is active is enough. It's obviously better than Jr and Dedede's moves but those two need fixing in my opinion anyway.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
https://twitter.com/YTgameonion
Looks like the Boss mode pictures were made by the same guy who did the Dr. Mario stage.
And despite what he says in the tweets, he's not sorry. :laugh:

We can put it behind us.
*oooooooh how surprising.*:laugh:

Yea it was clear as a bell he made far more mistakes than last time

I probably should have told you guys this, but i've actually seen the ridley model before.

So i apologize for not mentioning it earlier

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I saw Splatoon is getting maintenance a day before an update is getting released for it (Maintenance is on 9/1, Update is on 9/2). Perhaps this means we could have a similar situation for Smash Bros?

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I saw Splatoon is getting maintenance a day before an update is getting released for it (Maintenance is on 9/1, Update is on 9/2). Perhaps this means we could have a similar situation for Smash Bros?
I doubt it. But hopefully I'm wrong

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, looks like we get nothing today, surprise, surprise.

I've been thinking about what kind of character they'd show first from the ballot...it made me think, even if the Shovel Knight leak is legit, which I doubt, would he really be the first character shown? Think about it from a Japanese perspective:

"You've been voting for six months, Japanese fans, and we thank you! Now, the moment you've all been waiting for...a character you don't effing know!"

K. Rool is the perfect newcomer to show off first if he's in, since he appeals a whole lot to both the West and Japan. He's also first party (and thus not an indictment on the strength of Nintendo's own characters) and not a veteran (won't annoy people who want new characters as DLC at long last). If he weren't shown first, I'd be worried, with all that in mind.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I think we wont get anything special, unless they announce something today or tomorrow. But I think an announcement will be on the horizon sooner or later

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
I thought the patch was at 6PM pst. So if i'm not mistaken it should drop way later today

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
guys if their was a new character announced, I'm pretty sure that Sakurai would say something first. Its getting a little annoying that people look into little details and then be hyped about nothing. If sakurai wanted us to give us a character, then he say something

D

Deleted member

Im so thirsty of Smash News.

September's going to be a very slow and boring month isn't it?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So what was the update on the Smash Ballot page yesterday?
Nothing, it wasn't updated, the pages are dynamically generated and when the cache gets reset, the page is marked as "updated" even though nothing has changed. (At least, that's my analysis.)

D

Deleted member

Simon Belmont

Am I doing it right?
DID SOMEONE SAID SIMON BELMONT?

Shameless Plug i know.

Despite owning the Simon thread, i wanted to limit myself to Nintendo characters that have some sort of chance. (i have my reasons)

I choose 4 newcomers (sorry Wolf):
-Paper Mario.
-Bandanna Dee.
-Isaac.
-YOU WILL NEVER GUESS MY 4TH OPTION.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom