• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So first Sakurai mentions how King K. Rool has gained fans over the years in his Melee trophy and now he mentions how he's the Bowser of the Donkey Kong series in his trophy for this game. So Sakurai has basically acknowledged King K. Rool's importance and popularity, yet he still doesn't make him playable... God damn it.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
The idea of his PAON trophy being replaced by another version of him due to him being a future dlc sounds too good to be true. I hope the Wii U offers more surprises, Suckerai did say that each character tropjy was going to be diffwrent anyway. Perhaps maybe there'll be even more hidden characters on the wii u version?

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
The idea of his PAON trophy being replaced by another version of him due to him being a future dlc sounds too good to be true. I hope the Wii U offers more surprises, Suckerai did say that each character tropjy was going to be diffwrent anyway. Perhaps maybe there'll be even more hidden characters on the wii u version?
If they do put him in future DLC they could always have his fighter trophy be called "King K. Rool (Smash)" or something

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I might not be on this thread tomorrow before it gets locked, so I want to say something. Before I joined this thread, I thought only a few people wanted K. Rool. This thread and K. Rool were the reasons I joined Smashboards. It has been a fun two years, and I intend to stick around to help the DLC movements and such, but I won't be as active as I am now. This thread is my Smashboards home and in 5-7 years when Smash 5 is annouced, and if he is not DLC, I hope too see you all here then. Long live the King!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well everyone, this is the end. It was a fun long ride.. but our Kaptain didn't come through.

TO OUR GLORIUS KING K. ROOL!!!

TheRealLegit StevenSeagal

Smash Apprentice
I too need an initiation, down with The ship. Thanks everyone for enjoyable times. Steven Seagal will always be a kutthroat, and i might have to take sakurai to the bank for this.... to the bloodbank!! dun dun dun dun

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Still convinced k rool is DLC when u hook ur 3ds up to ur wii u. He's nowhere I'm the game. This is good

Last edited:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Just want to say my goodbyes before this thread gets closed. It's been a great ride for the few months that I've been here. Back when Brawl came out, I didn't think much about what characters could be added in future games (I was like 10 or 11), but there were only two characters that really wanted to appear in the next game. Paper Mario and K. Rool. It's sad that we didn't get either of those characters, but I'm sure 10 year old me would have loved this roster regardless.

Long live the King!

And for old times sake...

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
It really is a shame. It just doesnt make make sense how DK can only have 2 reps when games like f**king Kid Icarus have 3.

Just shows the bias that Sakurai and the rest of Ninty have... As sad as it is

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I don't think I've commented on this thread before (kind of weird seeing as how K. Rool's my fifth most wanted), but I still would like to have at least one post on here just to say that I fully supported his inclusion from the start. The King deserves to be in Smash and no number of detractors can change my mind. Donkey Kong is a widely beloved series, and one of my personal favorites, and it is more than deserving of at least three unique characters.

The K. Rool fanbase is one of the most dedicated Sm4sh Bros. fanbases I've ever seen, and it sucks to see it end like this. With not a single DK newcomer. I'm not sure if you're still adding people to the support list, but I would love to be added to it to show my support, even if he is deconfirmed. The march for DLC begins, and if that doesn't get us anywhere, I will be back here for SSB5.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Sorry, guys.. I really wanted K. Rool in myself. :c

I think he could have been one of the most unique characters there is, and he was a VERY original character with LOTS of moveset potential.. To be honest, he was my 3rd most wanted.. (Over Dixie, too..)

Is it possible he's a Smash Run boss, though..? Better than nothing, at least.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Suppose I'd better compose my thoughts here before the thread is locked away.

I'm incredibly disappointed. I think that goes without saying, but I really am. I really wanted K. Rool. Not only would he be a great and fun addition to the game, he is easily my favorite Donkey Kong character, and his complete absence for the last six years is extremely depressing.

To add to the disappointment, the DK series on a whole seems to have been shafted pretty hard in this iteration. Despite an incredibly successful rebirth, the series has gotten absolutely nothing new from what we can tell, save for one new musical track. That is inexcusable. You can make the excuse that it's Sakurai's game and he can do whatever he wants, but that doesn't justify giving nothing to such a popular franchise. StarFox and Metroid also seem to be unfairly neglected, but it's especially jarring with a series as popular and well known as Donkey Kong Country.

Despite all this disappointment though, I'm very glad that we supported K. Rool as long as we did.

I lurked here for a long time. A really long time. As far back as January of 2013. Even though my attention at the time was more focused on Mega Man, I never forgot K. Rool and would always read the posts here, thinking that his chances were actually better than Mega Man's. Come June 2013 and Mega Man was confirmed. After the hype eventually wore off, I started visiting here even more, as K. Rool was my most wanted newcomer now.

Eventually I joined because all of you seemed like great guys. I wasn't mistaken. Every day when I got home, I'd look forward to logging on here and seeing what you all had to say. Even though two long years of support ultimately ended in defeat, I still don't regret any of the time I spent here, discussing K. Rool, his moves, and his chances. You guys are all smart and open-minded people, exactly what a fanbase should be like. I'm proud of us.

A special thanks goes out to our leader, @ BKupa666 BKupa666 . Your passion for K. Rool is beyond admirable, and you always led this thread in the right direction. It's fitting that the biggest fan leads the group of fans, and you couldn't have done a better job in doing so.

I'd also like to make an apology if any of my posts or attitude brought anyone's mood down. I joke a lot about my pessimism, but I had just as many hopes and dreams as all of you. If anything I said or did ever upset someone, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to.

All in all, we had a good run. A great run. Here's hoping that when the next Smash Bros. game begins production, we can band together once more and support our great krocodile king. If there's one positive trait that K. Rool has, it's that he never gives up. And we should emulate that persistence, and continue to until our dream is realized.

This seems like a final goodbye, but it's not really, since we have the Big Four threads. I'll still be there supporting each and every one of them.

The End?

Last edited:

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
It really is a shame. It just doesnt make make sense how DK can only have 2 reps when games like f**king Kid Icarus have 3.

Just shows the bias that Sakurai and the rest of Ninty have... As sad as it is
i think it because he is biased on series he helped develop, Donkey Kong franchise was mostly developed by western studios like Rare and Retro maybe he have something against that.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Well, I couldn't resist. Day one of me leaving and I was already feeling nostalgia of all the time I spent in this thread. Might as well get all my thoughts out there before the thread closes. As far as the K. Rool trophy goes (and by that I mean that I'm judging by rough translations from different people), I was surprised that the trophy pointed out how K. Rool was to DK what Bowser is to Mario. Now THAT is some villain defending. It really helps reassure the fact that K. Rool is far more of an arch rival to DK than anyone else.

The translation gives hope though, especially towards the end :p "...the Kongs are always watching for his Gangplank Galleon, perhaps it may surprise them sooner than they think!"

Im calling it now: Gangplank Galleon confirmed for Wii U!
I really hope it says that. Sorta gives off hope that that K. Rool would return soon despite being just a trophy description. I'm going to predict that if K. Rool has a bigger role in the Wii U version it just might be a Gangplank Galleon boss. Heck all this DK content that is missing is probably waiting for us in the Wii U version, stage, music, bosses, perhaps even some DK content that is available to the Wii U's single player mode. Like I said, I'm gonna be ducking out of the internet for the most part but I'll try to support K. Rool however I can. For now, I'm just thinking about how we actually got the Kremlings back and remembering how happy I was to find other fans of K. Rool in this here thread. :p

D

Deleted member

It's worth noting that we have no evidence that any character was added due to fan demand outside of Mega Man this game (unless I'm missing something) and that was based off of one poll. That same poll was implied to be the same one that got Sonic in Brawl and that was back in 2006..
I'm not a "Sakurai apologist", but I would at least want context on why K. Rool and Dixie were rejected, if it's brought up. Depending on the wording, it may clarify on some details, unless it's only "I hate all of you #rekt".
Same here. With Ridley and to a lesser extent, Mewtwo (in hindsight), I could at least see why they aren't in even if I disagree with them not being on the roster. But with DK, it's truly a mystery as to why it's received so little new contents. All we really got was DK's Barrel Roll, one new musical piece, and two Kremling enemies and this is despite a very successful revival of the Donkey Kong franchise (although to be fair, we have not seen all of the Wii U stages yet so we could still get a DK stage on the Wii U). Sure we can speculate on why it happened, but unless we get answers, we truly won't ever know (assuming that K. Rool and Dixie do not show up as ATs/bosses).

There is one good thing that we can take away from this; that Sakurai recognizes King K. Rool as Donkey Kong's main villain, which was a better trophy description than I would have expected out of a non-playable K. Rool. It does have me more optimistic about K. Rool potentially returning to the Donkey Kong franchise, even if he were to be permanently stuck in a non-playable role for future Smash games.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I don't think a trophy directly deconfirms anything. I already said it, but not having a Trophy for a character a lot of people want would be very suspicious and everyone would know what's going on if you plan to add more characters later, which seems to be the case.

That said, apparently someone found evidence that points towards DLC, and I refuse to believe every character whose Trophy we've already seen (Ice Climbers, K. Rool, Dixie, Mewtwo...) is out of the way just because there is a Trophy dedicated to him.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I don't think a trophy directly deconfirms anything. I already said it, but not having a Trophy for a character a lot of people want would be very suspicious and everyone would know what's going on if you plan to add more characters later, which seems to be the case.

That said, apparently someone found evidence that points towards DLC, and I refuse to believe every character whose Trophy we've already seen (Ice Climbers, K. Rool, Dixie, Mewtwo...) is out of the way just because there is a Trophy dedicated to him.

Wolf too cant forget him. (and chorus kids as well which is intriguing.

0ShadowStories

Smash Rookie
yeah why do trophies deconfirm them for the crossbuy characters or dlc? We knew they weren't unlockables already its not like a trophy makes it so they aren't allowed to join the battle ever.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It doesn't deconfirm him as a potential future character. Its even interesting how K. Rool has a new model. Either way, he's not in the game by default, and that's what matters at this point. The possibility for DLC is there, so we can go on ahead and continue to support him for DLC, just like we planned to do before, anyway.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't deconfirm him as a potential future character. Its even interesting how K. Rool has a new model. Either way, he's not in the game by default, and that's what matters at this point. The possibility for DLC is there, so we can go on ahead and continue to support him for DLC, just like we planned to do before, anyway.
What still bugs me is that he has the horrible Paon design: fleshy belly, weird head, teeth and crown, skin color too bright...

I want more him more like his trophy in Melee, like the great render someone's made a lot of pages ago (which is perfect and I absolutely love!)

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
What still bugs me is that he has the horrible Paon design: fleshy belly, weird head, teeth and crown, skin color too bright...

I want more him more like his trophy in Melee, like the great render someone's made a lot of pages ago (which is perfect and I absolutely love!)
Maybe this skin colour could be another costume and his new model his first option. I would love to see the copper chest and belly from his first design.

descarga.jpg

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Sigh... I haven't posted in here since the reckoning. I suppose I should. K. Rool was my second most wanted newcomer, after all.

I can actually look past King K. Rool specfically being absent. Honestly, what bothers me even more is the seeming lack of DK content in general.
K. Rool not being playable would've been made much easier to deal with if, at the very least, Dixie was playable...
But, no, Donkey Kong gets nobody new. No new items, no new stage, no new Assist Trophies, and a small handful of Smash Run enemies despite having a treasure trove of unique enemies to choose from.
Chunky better be a Wii U exclusive Assist because this is just disrespectful for DK to get no Assist Trophies after already having none in Brawl.

Honestly, it's what looking at the entire game collectively which rubs me the wrong way. I would've been fine with the Kid Icarus bias if, at least, some other franchises got some respect as well.
Quite a few franchises seem to get shafted in regards to content as a whole.
Though I am at least happy Fire Emblem's getting the respect it needed in terms of playable characters and Metroid got some well-deserved Assists, series like DK and Pikmin are still left in the dust despite having possibilities for many unique things in many areas.

And, thus, the ship sinks.
Or, should I say, the Smash 4 ship sinks.
The next Donkey Kong Country by Retro is the next ship to board. A ship that, honestly, seems like it could potentially be more fruitful in the end.

To the King~! May we see him again where he rightfully deserves to be: terrorizing Kongs!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Well since the thread will be closed at some point today, I might as well make my closing post in this wonderful thread.

Regardless of the outcome, it was one hell of a ride. I may have been on the Gangplank Galleon for a short while, but it feels like I've been part of the Kutthroats for months now. This was my favorite thread to hang out in. (The Ridley thread is a close second.) Thanks to @ BKupa666 BKupa666 for making a great thread and making it great experience and place for discussion. It felt like home to me. A place where there people were open-minded and discussed different ideas, topics, and such. This place never got out of control and stayed civil. You guys made me feel welcome here and I thank you. Every time One of Us was posted, it always brought a smile to my face. It's awesome to see so many K. Rool fans in one place and I hope the support for K. Rool continues to grow.

The recent events of K. Rool and Dixie being reduced to trophies again and the DK franchise getting next to nothing still boggles my mind. The DK series has been a successful series for two decades now ever since the release of Donkey Kong Country and now with two highly successful recent titles in the DKC Returns saga. You would think that a popular franchise would mean a lot of content right? Nope, not for DK. No assist trophies, no new stage in the 3DS. It's really hard to tell what Sakurai is thinking when he picks certain characters. I like most of the newcomer choices and the roster itself, but the roster just feels incomplete.

K. Rool would have been one of the best newcomers in game if he didn't get shafted. He had unique written all over him. So much potential for his playability, but ultimately wasted. K. Rool is a perfect fit for Smash, bar none. The fact that Kid Icarus gets two newcomers while DK and Metroid get no newcomers at all is just downright inexcusable. And Star Fox loses Wolf which makes it worse. It's great that more females were added to the roster, but now it's the villain's turn to shine in the spotlight. I'll get over it eventually, but it won't be so easy.

It would've been a great birthday gift on this day to see K. Rool playable in full glory or the DK series getting a newcomer in general. Sadly, it didn't happen and it's still stings. I don't regret my time spent here in this thread. There is a small glimmer of hope for a surprise in the Wii U version hopefully. It's been an honor being with you fellow Kutthroats in this very thread. Thank you Kutthroats. Hope to see you guys in the Big 4 group. Our King deserves more than this.

Long live the King!!

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Gather round for a theory kids!

Wow, Lucina has the ability to move down to where Shulk is. Now, since that is possible, what would cause her to move?
First, let's say Wolf and Mewtwo were in, Duck Hunt Dog and ROB could slide down to the next row. Luina would then move down. After that let's say, something causes Yoshi to move, the most logical thing would be Dr. Mario moving where he belongs. Game and Watch would then move to that row, putting DHD, ROB, and G&W (the retros) all together.

Where are we right now?
Fox-Falco-Wolf-Pikachu-Charizard-Lucario-Mewtwo-Jiggly-Greninja
Ness-Falcon-Villager-Olimar-WFT-Dark Pit-DHD-ROB-G&W
Lucina-Shulk-PacMan-Megaman-Sonic-Mii-Random

This leaves two more spots open on the roster. Okay, well let's first switch Dark Pit and Lucina, and then Lucina with Little Mac. Lucina is now with Fire Emblem. And let's move Pit and Palutena down with Dark Pit. Hopefully you are following along.

Mario-Luigi-Peach-Bowser-Dr.Mario-Rosalina-BowserJr.-Wario-Yoshi
DK-Diddy-Link-Zelda-Sheik-Ganonodorf-ToonLink-Samus-ZeroSuit
Marth-Ike-Robin-Lucina-Kirby-Dedede-Metaknight
Ness-Falcon-Villager-Olimar-WFT-LittleMacDHD-ROB-G&W
Pit-Palutena-DarkPit-Shulk-PacMan-Megaman-Sonic-Mii-Random

Okay no here comes the magic. Move Metriod down

DK-Diddy-Link-Zelda-Sheik-Ganonodorf-ToonLink
Marth-Ike-Robin-Lucina-Kirby-Dedede-MetaKnight-Samus-ZeroSuit
Pit-PalutenaDarkPit-Shulk-PacMan-Megaman-Sonic-Mii-Random

You see where I'm going?

DK-Diddy-KingKRool/Dixie-Link-Zelda-Sheik-Ganonodorf-ToonLink-Impa/Other
Marth-Ike-Robin-Lucina-Kirby-Dedede-MetaKnight-Samus-Zerosuit
Pit-Palutena-DarkPit-Shulk-PacMan-Megaman-Sonic-Mii-Random

You could also put Little Mac in the Impa/Other slot and put Lucas next to Ness.
You could also switch Metroid with DK to get Ridley to fit.

THIS should have been the real roster.

This is probably one large DLC straw grasp.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here's the closing thoughts video I promised. It's long, but listen to the opening; I've added options for skipping around to hear each of the three, shorter individual segments.

For anyone who comes here now that the thread's closed, here are a few final useful links to show you what the Kutthroats are currently up to:

--King K. Rool Support/Discussion Group (our new headquarters and hangout place; PM me for an invite to the group)
--A Kremling Kampaign: K. Rool to Return Website (what we'll be promoting to Nintendo and Namco)
--Bring Back K. Rool Twitter Account (Follow @BringBackKRool and use the hashtag #BringBackKRool to promote the good king)

Once again, I couldn't have turned the thread into what it is today without the help of every one of you. It's been a royal pleasure operating this thread from June 2012 to September 2014. Thanks for enriching my time on these boards, and I hope to continue seeing you all around them.

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Dammit I don't have anything deep and inspirational to say....

I guess I'll just say this:

We tried. But it seems as if we failed. Perhaps DLC will lead to:

Thanks for being fun, fellow Kutthroats! ;)

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
LONG LIVE THE KREMLING KING! Time to return to the throne.
Edit: With Ridley gone,Mewtwo Dlc, and shulk confirmed, K. Rool has inherited by FAR the largest support thread on smash boards.
Best of Luck to you guys!

Last edited:
Top Bottom