• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Wow I never asked to be added to the Kutthroats either. Please add me, as Mewtwo and King K are my two most wanted out of characters with a good chance.
BUT DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A KUTTHROAT!?!?

LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A WHOLE KREW OF SKALLY-WAGS TRYING TO JOIN OUR RANKS TONIGHT KUTTHROATS!

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
BUT DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A KUTTHROAT!?!?

LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A WHOLE KREW OF SKALLY-WAGS TRYING TO JOIN OUR RANKS TONIGHT KUTTHROATS!
I didn't watch the show, but a VERY long time ago I rented the movie from Hollywood Video. (Which doesn't exist anymore :( )

Anyway, that's the best welcoming out of any support thread I've joined. Thanks!

I am indeed "One of you!"

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Speaking of music, it'll be a shame to not add my personal favorite track from DKC2. The entire soundtrack is awesome, but for some reason, this one really stands out for me.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think we need to have a live twitch (or, if anyone is down, I'd absolutely have a live telecast viewing for anyone 18+) to watch this through some of this DK show, after K Rool is announced, in celebration.

Cuz, ya know, I do not have actual friends who would dare watch this with me.

Zynux

Smash Lord
So, in the event that K. Rool get's confirmed, we have a group stream night featuring the absolutely disastrous superlative DKC show? I would be down.

"But isn't that technically illeg-" What type of Kuttthroat are you?! We're Banana-maraudering pirates for a reason :troll: !

(In all seriousness, while many people do it streaming full episodes/movies on most streaming sites is super illegal).

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So, in the event that K. Rool get's confirmed, we have a group stream night featuring the absolutely disastrous superlative DKC show? I would be down.

"But isn't that technically illeg-" What type of Kuttthroat are you?! We're Banana-maraudering pirates for a reason :troll: !

(In all seriousness, while many people do it streaming full episodes/movies on most streaming sites is super illegal).
Yes; night he is revealed, I am cancelling my plans and hosting a digital party. Costume.

I give k rool a low chance. He's my most wanted, but I can totally see sakurai turning him into a boss, and I think he will unfortunately. K rool being in makes too much sense!
Confirmed Boss List:
Galaga
Yellow Devil
Find Mii Ghost Dragon
Bulborb

I am sure the list can grow, but is my point made yet that the bosses we have are not exactly characters of notoriety?

Last edited:

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
I'm gonna cry very loudly when Nintendo shows the trailer for de DK Newcomers! I hope K. Rool is the protagonist and Dixie the second confirmation! Can't wait!

Weavel

Smash Ace
I guess I loke Dixie, but I just think its pushing it with do reps. Rool is enough in my opinion.

Klaww

Smash Cadet
NNID
KlawwTheClown
3DS FC
1220-6841-7284
I'm gonna cry very loudly when Nintendo shows the trailer for de DK Newcomers! I hope K. Rool is the protagonist and Dixie the second confirmation! Can't wait!
I want Dixie to be the main character of the reveal.

It can play Dixie's whole trailer, and then K. Rool could have a fake-out appearance after the copyright screen. Then show some K. Rool gameplay and end for real. :yoshi64:

It just feels so right to have a kredits reference in his announce trailer.

Although I'd really love to see him jack Bowser's airship and go nuts.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

It can play Dixie's whole trailer, and then K. Rool could have a fake-out appearance after the copyright screen. Then show some K. Rool gameplay and end for real. :yoshi64:

Now that I think about it, that's a great idea! A lot better than what I had in mind, anyway.

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice

I don't know I would have a heart attack if I see a dk trailer finishing without k rool

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Add me to the krew, I fully support K. Rool.

Also @ BKupa666 BKupa666 , could you please change my name in the Kremling Kutthroats supporter list from Luigifan141 to Handy Man? I got Premium not too long ago and decided to change my name because I didn't like my older one, so if you could change it for me, that would be great. Thanks in advance!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yes; night he is revealed, I am cancelling my plans and hosting a digital party. Costume.

Confirmed Boss List:
Galaga
Yellow Devil
Find Mii Ghost Dragon
Bulborb

I am sure the list can grow, but is my point made yet that the bosses we have are not exactly characters of notoriety?
The Galaga Alien isn't a boss monster. Its called "Boss Galaga" because that's literally its name in the original game.

I don't know I would have a heart attack if I see a dk trailer finishing without k rool
If we get a DK trailer, I'd say K. Rool is all but confirmed. I don't really expect a DK trailer unless we've got both Dixie and K. Rool, personally.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I brought this up earlier, but I'm posting GIF evidence here that the Kritters in Smash Run are inspired by DK64, where one of the Kritter mechanics pounds his head against the Blast-o-Matic to "repair" it.

DK64:

Smash Run:

Tell me that's a coincidence, I dare you.

Also, based on the DK64 inspiration, I'm led to think that "Large Kremling" may in fact be. . .

. . .this guy.
Here's a better look at the Smash Run attack:

It's definitely DK64 inspired.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Confirmed Boss List:
Galaga
Yellow Devil
Find Mii Ghost Dragon
Bulborb

Galaga ain't a boss, he's an item

Here's a better look at the Smash Run attack:

It's definitely DK64 inspired.
This makes K. Rool 95% imo. I am konfident that he will be in!
Edit: Oops, sorry for double post

Last edited by a moderator:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I brought this up earlier, but I'm posting GIF evidence here that the Kritters in Smash Run are inspired by DK64, where one of the Kritter mechanics pounds his head against the Blast-o-Matic to "repair" it.

DK64:

Smash Run:

Tell me that's a coincidence, I dare you.

Also, based on the DK64 inspiration, I'm led to think that "Large Kremling" may in fact be. . .

. . .this guy.
Now that I think about it, I remember that that wasn't just something a kremling did in a cutscene, it was actually how the standard kremlings attacked in DK64. I also agree with you that the "large kremling" has to be someone other than K. Rool. I don't think it's possible to know what a kremling is and not know or remember the name "K. Rool."

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
It does seem strange the DK series has no new stages yet in the game, only the returning Melee Jungle Japes. I think we'll either get the reveal of a DK stage before or during K. Rool potential reveal.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Now that I think about it, I remember that that wasn't just something a kremling did in a cutscene, it was actually how the standard kremlings attacked in DK64. I also agree with you that the "large kremling" has to be someone other than K. Rool. I don't think it's possible to know what a kremling is and not know or remember the name "K. Rool."
I could be wrong, but I remember hearing a rumor saying that Sakurai likes DK64. Could be wrong, but given the representation it's gotten with Diddy's moves and such, it's not too farfetched.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I could be wrong, but I remember hearing a rumor saying that Sakurai likes DK64. Could be wrong, but given the representation it's gotten with Diddy's moves and such, it's not too farfetched.
Don't forget the DK64 music in Melee.

I had a question, where did this info about a large kremling in smash run come from? Can I see it?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Mmm, I'd hate it if K. Rool's moveset was based entirely on that one. Its the only game where K. Rool does rely on his "brute strength" as other people have mentioned. I'd prefer nods to every game, not just one.

Don't forget the DK64 music in Melee.

I had a question, where did this info about a large kremling in smash run come from? Can I see it?
GameExplain. It was a video they posted up a while back.

:4greninja:'d

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
You guys can sign me up as a supporter after Mewtwo, I really want K Rool to get in I love that reptile!!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
How can you not be able to know the difference between King K and other Kremlings?
Exactly. If this person never mentioned King K. Rool, its obvious the larger Kremling isn't King K. Rool, which actually helps K. Rool's chances of being playable even more. Win-win scenario, because we get more Kremling love, and more hints at K. Rool!

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
You guys can sign me up as a supporter after Mewtwo, I really want K Rool to get in I love that reptile!!
Welcome aboard. I'm sure someone will post the 'initiation'.

How can you not be able to know the difference between King K and other Kremlings?
That's what leads me to believe it's not him. If he knows enough to call them 'Kremlings' instead of something like 'crocodiles', he probably knows who K. Rool is. Even if he didn't know, K. Rool has a lot of defining features other than his size, such as his beer gut, cape, and crown.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I find it odd that this person couldn't give a better description. I mean K. Rool, Krusha, and Klump are all large kremlings, but each one has a big, distinguishing feature. It's odd that he couldn't say if this large kremling was blue and muscular, or green and fat and wearing a crown and cape, or brown, fat, and wearing a bucket on its head or a helmet. Sounds to me like this guy is a being a big phony.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Welcome aboard. I'm sure someone will post the 'initiation'.

That's what leads me to believe it's not him. If he knows enough to call them 'Kremlings' instead of something like 'crocodiles', he probably knows who K. Rool is. Even if he didn't know, K. Rool has a lot of defining features other than his size, such as his beer gut, cape, and crown.
Since, I've never played DKC, I couldn't tell you the names of any of the Kremling except for King K Rool. So I'm pretty sure it isn't him.

Don't worry, I do plan on sometime playing some Donkey Kong in the future.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Since, I've never played DKC, I couldn't tell you the names of any of the Kremling except for King K Rool. So I'm pretty sure it isn't him.

Don't worry, I do plan on sometime playing some Donkey Kong in the future.
Yes, you absolutely must play the DK games. They are the greatest of all time in my book.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
What's even greater about this ritual is that it's easy for BKupa to spot, so that he doesn't have to double check a page

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Sakurai better make this happen. K Rool is such an OBVIOUS choice. Anything less than a playable character would be sheer disappointment.
Yeah, I can't see Sakurai making K. Rool into a dumb punching bag in one game mode. After seeing characters like Pac-Man and Mega Man make it as playable characters, I think if Sakurai is gonna have K. Rool in the game in some form, there would be no other reasonable option than as a playable character. Making K. Rool just a dumb boss would be as outrageous as making Bowser, Dedede, or Ganondorf just a dumb boss. Why should these major recurring villains be playable while K. Rool would just be brushed off to the side?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, I've come up with something new and different, I think...

*office room*

Mr. Sakurai: Ah, sir, thank you for sitting down with me today. As we both know, your resume is a bit... lacking, lately. Would you agree?

???: ...

Mr. Sakurai: I'm sorry, sir, but I'm going to have to give this position to someone else.

Mr. Sakurai: *tosses down a paper with Cranky's picture on it*

Mr. Sakurai: Please understand. Enjoy the rest of your endeavors, and when your resume has improve, I may consider it again.

???: ...

Mr. Sakurai: *holds out hand*

???: *shakes hand*

*button is pressed, zaps Mr. Sakurai*

???: *leans back, laughing, as camera pans to show King K. Rool in a suit* Hahahaha... HA HA HA HA!

KING K. ROOL KRUSHES THE KOMPETITION!

K. Rool: *writes name down onto character roster*

K. Rool: *tears off suit and puts on Krown*

K. Rool: *presses button in hand and Flying Krock appears outside*

K. Rool: *flies out to Flying Krock as it arrives at the scene as it readies to fire down upon the battlefield*

K. Rool: Hahahaha... HA HA HA HA! *cue gameplay clip*

Thought about including dialog from K. Rool, but I couldn't think of anything.

Top Bottom