• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Justify Your Wild Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genexican

Smash Cadet
So here's a little thread idea I came up with... On numerous forums, I've seen ENDLESS arguments over characters predictions and choices... Some of which don't really seem to go anywhere. They just start over a disagreement, and don't solve anything. And before you know it, someone's crying on the group with a bruised knee, and everyone feels bad...
But seriously, in this thread, feel free to post your fan roster, and elaborate on why it is you want your characters to be in Smash.

(For the record, my roster isn't specifically a "Smash Bros. 4" dream roster, but more of a "general Smash Bros." Dream Roster. Which is why I went a little overboard with the character limit, and why some of my picks are a little... Crazy. But hey, it's not like it's every going to come true anyway, SO I WENT MENTAL.)

Anyway, here be my roster:

And below be me, desperately trying to justify it.

(Warning, massive wall of text ahead. Approach with CATION)

- Kamek and Chrom
Not really a fan of the games they've been in, I just personally think that they would be fun to use.

- Diddy & Dixie
Because I don't think Diddy deserves to have a slot all to himself. #SHOTSFIRED

- King K. Rool
More villains = GOOD

- Waddle Dee
May as well complete the Kirby 4-Player Co-Op team.

- Scrapping Toon Link & Sheik for Midna, Impa and Ghirahim
Sheik just feels like feels like a complete waste at this point, and although I like Toon Link, I'm not that big of a fan of clones... At the same time, I would love there to only be 3 TLoZ characters as Link, Zelda and Ganondorf could be there to represent each part of the Triforce. However, since TLoZ is one of the biggest Nintendo franchises out there, I felt it deserved more than that. So I gave each main character a side-kick to tag along!
Midna, because she is my personal favorite TLoZ companion to date (also being the one I thought would have the most potential as a playable character).
Impa, because she's always Zelda's right-hand-girl, and watching the gameplay of her in Hyrule Warriors made me think she would be one hell of a kickass character to add in.
And Ghirahim because he is the closest thing I could think of as Ganondorf's "Right-Hand-man/Sidekick". (that, and putting in a regular enemy such as a Darknut or something just didn't feel right) Aaaaaaand he's also kind of my favorite LoZ villain (so far).

- 2BIGLEY
Because he's the most deserving Metroid character (other than Samus herself) to be in Smash Bros., he could have a real fun moveset, and Sakurai himself has said that size doesn't matter. Yeah, I know it's all been said to death before, but I wouldn't really be going along with the thread if I didn't elaborate in one way or another.

- Krystal
ENOUGH. LANDMASTERS.

- Sceptile over Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer and Jigglypuff
Sceptile being my all-time favorite starter, last time Mewtwo was in I though he kinda sucked, I don't really care for the Pokemon trainer, and Jigglypuff has had her fair share of time in the spotlight, despite being a waste of a slot. #SHOTSFIREDAGAIN

- Dark Pit
Because anyone who's played Kid Icarus Uprising knows that he wouldn't be a clone. That is, assuming Sakurai wouldn't mess it up...

- Banjo & Kazooie
Muh nostalgia.

- Rayman
Muh favorite gaming character of all time.

- Amaterasu
Muh FLAMING WOLF SUN GODDESS OF NATURE.

- Wreck-it Ralph
Okay... I'd imagine this is probably the character that would make people turn away in pure disgust, BUT HERE ME OUT.

So remember when Sonic was in Wreck-it Ralph? yeah, that was pretty cool.
And remember how Disney in return let SEGA put Ralph in that Sonic racing game? Alright, yeah, again, pretty cool...
And remember how Bowser was also in that film? Pretty cool as well, right?

BUT WAIT.

It would appear that Nintendo have yet to put Ralph in any of their games... Not even Mario Kart 8.
So as small a theory it may be (assuming Nintendo DID make a deal with Disney)... I feel that if Nintendo had a chance to put a pretty popular film character in one of their games, let alone a character made by one of the most well-known companies around the world, LET ALONE the fact that this character has FISTS THE SIZE OF WATERMELONS, wouldn't it probably make sense to put this character in their biggest fighting game they have around? Yeah, it probably would.
PLUS, he's heavily gaming-related. So he makes much more sense to put in over anime or cartoon characters that some people seem to want in...

*cough* Goku *cough* Naruto *cough* NEVER HAPPENING *cough*

- Everyone else I removed but didn't talk about
I personally never used them, and found them to be pretty dull/mediocre characters.

Anywho, that's my SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME dream roster. Feel free to post your own and elaborate on those wild choices of yours, ya crazy scrubs. :joyful:

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
A dream/wish roster should have all veterans, otherwise that is just wishing to get into arguments.

Genexican

Smash Cadet
A dream/wish roster should have all veterans, otherwise that is just wishing to get into arguments.
There are just some characters that I personally feel the game would be better without. Mostly characters that I just never use, and even when I do try to use them, just find to be too dull.

My wild cards are all deconfirmed.
Well, except Layton.
Now that I think about it, I would pay out the arse to have Layton be in. Sure, he's not a personal favorite of mine, but the moveset could be pretty interesting and unique.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Giygas - main villain of the mother series, looks cool, would make for a cool boss fight, potentially a mewtwo semi-clone.

Impa - Bad azz, Trill OG, LOZ, #redeyes

Geno - such requested, wow, much popular, so geno

Black Shadow - Most reoccuring villain from F-Zero, F-zero only has one rep, take ganondorf's old moves add some flavour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom