• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Will Prevail and All That Stuff." - Vote Rundas for DLC!

Should Rundas be in the game

• Of course! (The smart option)

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • Hell no! (What is wrong with you?!)

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Yo, what's good? MarioMeteor here. So I'll be blunt: Metroid needs a second rep. One that's not a form of Samus. I'll be even more blunt: It won't be Ridley. So who better than everyone's favorite bounty hunter, Rundas?
Rundas is a bounty hunter from the planet Phrygis. He fights with his creative use of cryokinesis, or the controlling of ice with his mind. Debuting in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Rundas was immediately met with warm (or rather, cold) reception. His cocky, proud, yet righteous and even somewhat friendly personality toward Samus was a riot with the fans. Rundas was noticeable for many things in his short appearance, such as having arguably the best battle in Corruption, his rather tragic and untimely end, and his battle theme, which is still beloved by fans to this day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nMFLquJeCc (His theme)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XnSN4h8tak (His battle)

Rundas' Story
Rundas was an ice-wielding alien born on Phrygis, a moon of the planet Bes III. Because of this, Rundas was able to manipulate and control ice from birth. Rundas, however, was one of the few to use these powers as a bounty hunter. Rundas, along with three other hunters, Ghor, Gandrayda, and Samus Aran, was called to the G.F.S. Olympus, the flagship of the Galactic Federation. The hunters were then tasked with purging the Aurora Units, a series of super-computers, of an unknown virus believed to be of Space Pirate origin. The briefing is interrupted when Space Pirates attack the planet that the Olympus was orbiting, Norion. The hunters are then ordered to aid the battle on Norion's surface.
Upon arriving on Norion, the Space Pirates knock out the generators that power the planetary defense system. During the chaos, Samus finds herself surrounded by four Space Pirate assault crafts. Rundas arrives and easily destroys the craft, saving Samus' life for the first of many times. Rundas activates the Generator that he was assigned, but finds himself confronted with more Space Pirates. Rundas fights his way through the Pirates and arrives just in time save Samus yet again, this time from plummeting to the bottom of a shaft after the latter's fight with Meta-Ridley.
Later, Rundas and the hunters find themselves confronted by Dark Samus. Dark Samus releases a powerful burst of Phazon energy that knocks everybody unconscious. Two weeks later, Rundas awakens to find that his body is self-producing Phazon. The Federation gives Rundas a device that allows him to harness and control this Phazon and sends him on a mission to planet Bryyo to destroy the meteor that was about to impact the planet. With this new power, Rundas easily dispatches anything that stands in his way. Over time, though, the Phazon begins to overwhelm the Phrygisian, until after one week, our hunter finds himself completely corrupted.
Samus, who awakens two weeks after Rundas, is sent to investigate Rundas' disappearance. Samus eventually finds Rundas in the Temple of Bryyo looking down at her from a ledge. Rundas simply walks away, and Samus gives chase. While pursuing Rundas, Samus is attacked by Space Pirates, who Rundas freezes, seemingly saving Samus once more. When Samus approaches, however, Rundas attacks his former comrade. Samus is forced to fight and defeat her friend, and after the battle, Rundas is confused, seemingly having no idea what just happened. Rundas recognizes Samus and offers his hand to be helped up. Immediately, Rundas is impaled by a large stalagmite of ice, presumably from Dark Samus, and tragically killed.

What Can Rundas bring to Smash?
With the removal of the Ice Climbers, Rundas can fill the gap they left as a more fleshed out ice-type fighter, as it is his signature element. Rundas could logically be conceived as a projectile based character with high mobility and a decent close range game, not unlike Cole McGrath from PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale or Killer Frost Injustice: Gods Among Us, both of whom have ice-based powers.
Why Should Rundas Be in Smash?
Rundas would make a very unique character because of his cryokinetic abilities. As we all know, the Ice Climbers have been removed from Smash 4, so we need an ice-wielding warrior who doesn't rely on chaingrabs to win matches. That, would be Rundas. Rundas is a popular and well-known character throughout the Metroid fanbase, and killing him off is possibly one of the most regretted and talked-about things in a Nintendo game. Ever heard the famous Joshscorcher quote, "WHY DID WE HAVE TO KILL RUNDAS?!" Take a guess at how that came to be. Rundas has shown many unique and creative ways of using his cryokinesis, such as skating on it Frozone-style, forming giant pillars of ice, using it as a protective suit of armor, shooting beams of ice, forming Ice Missiles, and even using his hands as ice sabers. How badass is that? Super Smash Bros. is severely lacking in two things: ice-based fighters and Metroid content, and with Rundas' variety of ice attacks and the game he comes from, he delivers both of them, in style. If none of that is seriously enough to convince you, he's voiced by Christopher ****ing Sabat. Vegeta and Piccolo. And guess who Lucario is voiced by? Sean Schemmel. Goku. Goku and Vegeta could be together in Smash Bros. If that thought doesn't turn you on, there is something gravely wrong with you.
So what do you say? Will you give our icy friend a chance? Or will you give him the cold shoulder and let Metroid suffer and one of the best games in the series go criminally underrepresented. If you have any sense, pick the former, open a new tab, go here: https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/ and vote for the Phrygisian that so rightfully deserves this spot. We've got 6 months left, let's make 'em count. Because justice will prevail and all that stuff! Till next time, this is MarioMeteor telling you, to stay cool.

Special Thanks to:
@ Chalo5000 Chalo5000 for supporting me before this was even a thing.
@Chandelure because his Bandanna Dee support thread (which you should indeed check out) inspired me to make this thread.
And @ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor for being so damn amazing.
But most of all, thank YOU for reading this and voting for our #1 bounty hunter:
Rundas.
Fan Art

By: Varia31

aAk7OEY.png

By: Manic Rykker

Movesets

Jab - Reaches his hand out in front of him and releases a cloud of ice vapor. Hits three times and freezes at high percents on the last hit. 1%, 2%, then 3% for a total of 6%.
Forward tilt - Swipes his ice dagger in front of him. 7% and freezes at mid to high percents. OK knockback.
Down tilt - Swipes his ice dagger across the ground. Doesn't freeze, but has low ending lag, allowing for combos. Deals 5% and low knockback.
Up tilt - An axe kick similar to Samus. Unlike Samus, however, the kick causes a cloud of ice vapor to appear a short distance from Rundas' foot. This is the sweetspot, with high knockback, damage, and freezing at low percents. The kick weakly meteor smashes and deals 6%, while the cloud does 10% and has high knockback. The kick never freezes.
Dash attack - Slashes with his dagger while spinning once. 7%, decent knockback, and decent speed.
Forward smash - Rundas forms an icy morningstar (mace) over his hand and swings it forward. Deals immense damage (15% uncharged, 21% fully charged) and knockback and has good range, as well. Rundas' fist is invincible while performing this move.
Down smash - Rundas summons spires of ice on either side of him. Both spires deal equally large knockback and 16% uncharged, 20% fully charged, and freeze at low percents.
Up smash - Rundas causes a large stalagmite of ice to erupt from the ground directly under him. Because of this, Rundas can't be attacked while performing this move. Has low range, but deals 17% - 22% and has very high knockback. Has a low chance of freezing, but freezes at low percents when it does.
Neutral air - Rundas stretches his arms and legs outwards, causing shards of ice to fly outwards in 16 directions. The shards all deal 4% and negligable knockback, but being close to Rundas causes 8%, freezing at low percents, and high knockback.
Forward air - Slashes forward with his ice dagger. Freezes at mid percents, does 7%, and low knockback. Mainly used as a combo tool.
Down air - Slashes below him. Below the actual slash is a trail of ice that meteor smashes strongly. The slash knocks opponents to the side. In addition to meteoring, the ice trail will also freeze. Slash does 7% and the trail does 9%.
Back air - Rundas reaches behind him and causes an explosion of ice to occur after a short pause. This move has two Hitboxes, Rundas' hand, which deals 3% and little knockback, and the explosion, which does 10% and has very large knockback as well as freezing.
Up air - Puts his hands together and raises them upwards while spinning like a drill, slashing with his daggers. Hits 8 times. All the even hits do 1% and all the odd ones to 2%, for a grand total of 8%. Last hit launches and freezes opponents.
Grab - Simply reaches forward and grabs the opponent.
Pummel - Tightens his hold on the opponent, giving them a quick chill. 2%.
Forward throw - Backhands the opponent forward. 6%, OK knockback, and no freezing potential.
Down throw - Bashes the opponent down with his fist. Deals 8% and vertical knockback, allowing for combos at low to mid percents.
Back throw - Throws the opponent behind him and hits them with an ice beam, freezing them no matter the percent. The throw does 3% and the beam does 6%, 9% in total. His most powerful throw.
Up throw - Carelessly tosses the opponent above his head. This has intense knockback scaling, meaning it will do little knockback at low percents, and high knockback at high percents. Does 6% and obviously never freezes.
Neutral special - Ice Beam - Rundas shoots a thin beam of energy forward, which can be charged for a short period. The beam hits about 3 character models in front of Rundas uncharged and goes halfway across Battlefield charged. Upon contact with anyone, it does 3% and immediately freezes them at mid percents or higher. If the character is not damaged enough, they will simply flinch as if Falco had just blasted them. Cannot be reflected or absorbed.
Side special - Ice Missile - Rundas shoots a projectile forward similar to Samus' Super Missile. This missile travels slower than Samus', but will freeze and launch any opponent it hits with powerful knockback, being a potent KO move at high percents. The missile will do 9% to an unfrozen opponent, but if it his an opponent that is already frozen, it will free them while doing 12% and launching them even further. Because of this, using an Ice Missile on an opponent frozen by Ice Beam is an effective technique.
Down special - Ice Armor - Rundas covers himself in a protective layer of ice that improves his defense. While donning this armor, the amount of damage and knockback Rundas takes will be halved. The downside? So will his speed and jump height. The armor can be removed in one of two ways, or a combination of both: if the Ice Armor takes approximately 12 hits, or if the player presses Down and the special move button again. If the armor is removed by will, any character nearby will take 2% and neglible knockback. If the armor is destroyed, Rundas will have to wait 12 seconds before it is repaired and ready for him to wear again. Shedding it and immediately putting it back on will not restore the Armor's vitality. Rundas will have to wait a number of seconds relative to how many hits the armor has taken. So if the armor has taken 5 hits, Rundas must wait 5 seconds before the armor is fully restored.
Up special - Ice Surf - Upon inputting a direction, Rundas will summon a trail of ice in that direction and surf on it. Think of it as like Squirtle's Waterfall if you could control its direction. Rundas can shift directions twice, after which he will simply continue going in the last direction until the move ends. The move has two restrictions: Rundas cannot go straight up or down nor can he turn around. The Surf is time-based, meaning that after a certain period of time, Rundas will stop surfing and fall, unless a new direction is inputted. Rundas can also jump off mid-surf, allowing him to recover vertically, although doing so will render him unable to perform special moves. This move has a property that no other move has: touching an ally while surfing will allow them to surf on the ice along with Rundas, potentially saving helpless allies from impending doom. This references how Rundas saved Samus the second time while she was falling.
Final Smash - Hypermode - Rundas activates his Phazon Enhancement Device (PED) and enters Hypermode. All of his attacks that induce freezing now freeze 10% earlier and deal more knockback, and the ones that don't have a Phazon effect to them. All attacks also deal more damage. Rundas has super armor during the whole duration of the move and his running speed is additionally increased. After 25 seconds, Hypermode ends and Rundas is returned to normal.
Side taunt: Rundas crosses his arms and laughs cockily.
Down taunt: Rundas crosses his arms and taps his foot, feigning impatience while saying "I'm waiting..." in a taunting manner.
Up taunt: Rundas causes it to snow a short range above him before chuckling amusedly and getting back in his battle stance.
Victory quote #1: "You're more fragile than you appear..."
Victory quote #2: "That was disappointing."
Victory quote #3: "Hardly worth the effort."
Victory quote #4: "Yet another bounty reaped."
Victory quote #5: "Is it cold in here, or it just me?"
Victory quote #6: "Hmph..."
Victory quote #7 "Were you holding back on me, Sammy?" (To Samus)
Victory quote #8: "Your voice annoys me..." (To Lucario)
Victory quote #9: "Looking good, Samus." (To Zero Suit Samus)

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
As I said before, Rundas NEEDS to get in, he would be a very interesting character and the best option for a new Metroid rep (sorry Ridley)
You have my support :drohyou:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's pretty much a toss-up between Rundas and Sylux at this stage.

Whatever floats. :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While I do primarily support Anthony Higgs, the later has literally no chance since more Other M references would piss off the Metroid fans in the end. :rolleyes:

So I'll support my favorite of the Prime 3 Hunters and hope for another fighter with ice abilities that can make up for the Ice Climbers' loss.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
You have my support! I actually made a picture if any of you want to spread the word by passing it along on Twitter, using the hashtag #VoteRundas.
[url][/url]

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'll take any Metroid rep that isn't from Other M or isn't a silly choice. Of course, Rundas directly competes with Sylux for Metroid's spot, but I don't consider that an issue so long as Metroid receives something.

I support.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
But Weevil has the cooler gameplay... in my human opinion....

Whatever floats.
Weavel is pretty awesome. Especially with that half-turret mode of his, and I like his story. I've come to prefer Sykux, though, and right now, it definitely is a toss-up between Sylux and Rundas right now.

Whatever floats, indeed...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'd describe what advantages Rundas has over the other Metroid characters. In your own words, of course, but something like:

-With virtually no chances for either Dark Samus or Ridley, other Metroid characters can get their own chance as DLC
-More popular and workable in Smash than Gandrayda or Ghor Corruption-wise
-Outclasses Anothony Higgs and Adam in popularity due to Other M's polarized reception
-Directly competes with Sylux as a popular ensemble darkhorse Metroid character that appears once; Rundas has the solid advantage of a larger role in his source game

I understand that the thread is quite new, but a little organization can make it look appealing. Individual sections for supporters, moveset concepts, reasoning, etc. will be of huge help when trying to promote it.

That's all for now. :)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I agree with Liquid on this. Things definitely need to be organized. The paragraphs are definitely large compared to other campaigns.. which could be a turn off for some.

I could try to help organize things, if it weren't too much trouble. I am a Metroid fan myself, and a fan of Rundas.

Edit: Ok... Would this do as a good skeleton to go on?:

~Introduction~

<This part should catch the eye. It should be fairly short. You can describe a bit why you feel he should be in the game, but try to not go into too much detail until the appropriate sections..>

~Bios~

<This portion, possibly collapsible, can give details on the background of Rundas. We don't want it to be too jarring>

~Possible Moveset~
<This section can be done in a few ways.. you could either set up a moveset yourself, or let readers in the thread come up with some to add to the OP as well>

~Why he should be DLC~
<This part is probably one of the most important. You will have to explain why he is viable, like you did, but try to seperate the arguments a bit more.. also explain how he is a better fit than other Metroid reps and what not>​

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
That actually segways quite nicely into something I wanted to say. If you have any ideas for movesets or fan art of any kind, I'll add it to the OP. Speaking of, I'll try and organize it in my spare time. In the meantime, feel free to keep throwing ideas at me. If it gets us out there, I'm all ears.
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , what you said could be a section in and of itself. I'm going to do a separate section for supporters, but as you can see, the thread is quite literally not even 2 days old.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Oooook we might have a problem..

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ice-man-rundas-metroid-prime-3-corruption.325681/

Apparently there is already a Rundas smash thread... It does seem inactive.. the last post on it was July 14, 2014.

Though it appears to be dead/inactive, you should probably still get into contact with a mod or something, and see if its alright for this to start up. As we wouldn't want to end up getting a few pages, and end up having to be shut down

Edit: Hmm... though it is not open for replies...

I saw the thread on this thread here: http://smashboards.com/threads/character-discussion-guidelines-listings.324452/

Perhaps we should ask about this?

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Oooook we might have a problem..

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ice-man-rundas-metroid-prime-3-corruption.325681/

Apparently there is already a Rundas smash thread... It does seem inactive.. the last post on it was July 14, 2014.

Though it appears to be dead/inactive, you should probably still get into contact with a mod or something, and see if its alright for this to start up. As we wouldn't want to end up getting a few pages, and end up having to be shut down

Not open for furthier replies.
I'm still a "noob" on this forums, but I think that that's enough :ohwell:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

Not open for furthier replies.
I'm still a "noob" on this forums, but I think that that's enough :ohwell:
See this issue is,... From what I've read, there are rules on this stuff. Here is a piece from the forum character discussion guidelines:

"You can find your characters support thread by performing a search within this section. Just go up to the search bar found near the Smashboards title and type in your characters name. Remember to also click "Search Titles Only". Please bare in mind that certain character threads were locked after the games release since they were seen as not being justifiable support threads (examples include Dark Samus, Isabelle, and Ridley) as they are already included in the game. This rule is still in effect so do not make a thread for a character whose support thread was previously locked. Instead, bring the issue to the staff and the decision will be made to keep it locked or re-open it. Failing to do and posting it will be an immediate lock and may result in a warning/infraction."

This is why I brought this up. We definitely don't want to end up getting shut down

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
In my experience, if a thread has been locked / archived for a long time, it's alright to start a new thread, at least provided the owner of the old thread does not wish to revive said thread and there is sufficient reason for a thread to exist, i.e. the character does not already have a role in the game and is therefore viable.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I've asked Mystic, he said he'll get an answer, but more than likely we'll get merged, which is actually not too bad an idea. Appreciate the concern.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's fine to restart a thread if it was inactive for a long time; Sylux once had a thread, which is extremely dead as of now, so I revived it, gave it my own revamp and was never complained about it.

@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , what you said could be a section in and of itself. I'm going to do a separate section for supporters, but as you can see, the thread is quite literally not even 2 days old.
I understand that the thread is quite new, but a little organization can make it look appealing. Individual sections for supporters, moveset concepts, reasoning, etc. will be of huge help when trying to promote it.
Just that it'll help massively when drawing in supporters.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It's fine to restart a thread if it was inactive for a long time; Sylux once had a thread, which is extremely dead as of now, so I revived it, gave it my own revamp and was never complained about it.

Just that it'll help massively when drawing in supporters.
"Extremely dead"? Damn, it couldn't just be "dead"? It was extremely dead? Exactly how dead is extremely dead?
Anyway, Mystic hasn't hit me back, but judging from the fact that we're still here, I'd say we're Gucci. So back to Rundas-ing!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
All character support threads past a certain point (iirc page 3 and back) were locked upon the reopening of the Character Discussion board.

I could easily merge the two, were the creator of this one to give their consent.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
"Extremely dead"? Damn, it couldn't just be "dead"? It was extremely dead? Exactly how dead is extremely dead?
Just under 8 months dead(August 2014); one of the last 2 replies was mine.

I jokingly allude to that in my own Sylux thread by saying it's deader than Mother Brain. :p

All character support threads past a certain point (iirc page 3 and back) were locked upon the reopening of the Character Discussion board.

I could easily merge the two, were the creator of this one to give their consent.
Although the guy hasn't been since since November of last year. Getting his consent may be a hassle.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Definitely, the more, the merrier as long as it's fine with the creator of the other thread. Although, like Liquid said, that could be difficult. If not though, that's fine.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Heya guys! Got something for ya... I've been practicing making smash icons, with Gimp. Done one of
so far...

sooooo:

I decided to whip up a Rundas icon for you guys as practice. Enjoy~

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
For specials.
Neutral - Charged Ice Blast: the longer you charge, the more shots Rundas fires. Can fire up to four shots, and if at least two hit consecutively, it will briefly freeze the enemy. Every other shot momentarily slows the enemy down a bit. Firing rate is the same as Rundas' boss fight where he uses this attack against Samus.

Side - Ice Boulder Summon: Rundas summons an ice boulder above him with limited homing abilities, and then launches it. Moves slow but has considerable knock-back if it makes contact. Good for set-ups and traps.

Up - Ice Surf: Works like it does in the game. Basically similar to Squirtle's recovery, but goes further, and stuns whoever touches the ice, or Rundas' hands (since he's generating ice from them). Moves quicker and more horizontally when on the ground so that it acts as an attack, but moves diagonally upward and a tad slower when used in the air.

Down - Ice Armor: Rundas generates ice armor around his body, as seen in his boss fight. Lasts about 45 seconds on its own until it melts off, but taking damage speeds up the process. Rundas is basically like Shulk in his Shield state. Nearly immune to knock back, but takes slightly reduced damage. Absorbs up to 50% damage before it breaks off.

Final Smash: Rundas dons his PED Suit and goes into Hyper Mode. He is able to briefly use Phazon enhanced attacks to rack up a little extra damage and keeps enemies slowed down a bit until the FS ends. After he's fought so for about 10 seconds, he automatically summons a column to stand on, and then generates a large ice pillar that he swings around and releases, causing a massive Phazon enhanced ice explosion that has a ton of KO power. The column he is standing on can be jumped over, but is hazardous. Otherwise, it's best just to run away and jump off the stage.

--

Basically all of these specials and the Final Smash was used in Metroid Prime 3 during his boss fight. I'll leave basic moves to you guys.

xRenco

Smash Rookie
I was somewhat advertising Rundas and came across this thread. I made the nicknames Vote, Rundas, and For/DLC to use online, but I'm only 1 person. Assuming this video is accurate, we need a ton more votes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwG-SSXKXR8

If we could get the support of the Ridley supporters, we may have our new Metroid representative.

In regards of a moveset, I would like a character for competitive play. My thoughts regarding smash attacks are simple.

His forward smash can be an ice blade.

Upward can be an ice spike or pillar similar to Palutena's light pillar.

Downward can be ice spikes that launch foes straight up.

In terms of special moves, he needs 3 sets and I'd like ice missiles as a default side special.

Recovery can work in a similar fashion to that of Greninja

His final smash can be similar to those of Meta Knight, Ike, and Captain Falcon. He can trap foes in ice and unleash his Hyper Mode attack in a cinematic fashion.

Easter egg regarding Rundas and Lucario to give Dragonball fans a reason to vote.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think I'll post my moveset, to get the juices flowing.

Jab - Reaches his hand out in front of him and releases a cloud of ice vapor. Hits three times and freezes at high percents on the last hit. 1%, 2%, then 3% for a total of 6%.
Forward tilt - Swipes his ice dagger in front of him. 7% and freezes at mid to high percents. OK knockback.
Down tilt - Swipes his ice dagger across the ground. Doesn't freeze, but has low ending lag, allowing for combos. Deals 5% and low knockback.
Up tilt - An axe kick similar to Samus. Unlike Samus, however, the kick causes a cloud of ice vapor to appear a short distance from Rundas' foot. This is the sweetspot, with high knockback, damage, and freezing at low percents. The kick weakly meteor smashes and deals 6%, while the cloud does 10% and has high knockback. The kick never freezes.
Dash attack - Slashes with his dagger while spinning once. 7%, decent knockback, and decent speed.

Forward smash - Rundas forms an icy morningstar (mace) over his hand and swings it forward. Deals immense damage (15% uncharged, 21% fully charged) and knockback and has good range, as well. Rundas' fist is invincible while performing this move.
Down smash - Rundas summons spires of ice on either side of him. Both spires deal equally large knockback and 16% uncharged, 20% fully charged, and freeze at low percents.
Up smash - Rundas causes a large stalagmite of ice to erupt from the ground directly under him. Because of this, Rundas can't be attacked while performing this move. Has low range, but deals 17% - 22% and has very high knockback. Has a low chance of freezing, but freezes at low percents when it does.

Neutral air - Rundas stretches his arms and legs outwards, causing shards of ice to fly outwards in 16 directions. The shards all deal 4% and negligable knockback, but being close to Rundas causes 8%, freezing at low percents, and high knockback.
Forward air - Slashes forward with his ice dagger. Freezes at mid percents, does 7%, and low knockback. Mainly used as a combo tool.
Down air - Slashes below him. Below the actual slash is a trail of ice that meteor smashes strongly. The slash knocks opponents to the side. In addition to meteoring, the ice trail will also freeze. Slash does 7% and the trail does 9%.
Back air - Rundas reaches behind him and causes an explosion of ice to occur after a short pause. This move has two Hitboxes, Rundas' hand, which deals 3% and little knockback, and the explosion, which does 10% and has very large knockback as well as freezing.
Up air - Puts his hands together and raises them upwards while spinning like a drill, slashing with his daggers. Hits 8 times. All the even hits do 1% and all the odd ones to 2%, for a grand total of 8%. Last hit launches and freezes opponents.

Forward throw - Backhands the opponent forward. 6%, OK knockback, and no freezing potential.
Down throw - Bashes the opponent down with his fist. Deals 8% and vertical knockback, allowing for combos at low to mid percents.
Back throw - Throws the opponent behind him and hits them with an ice beam, freezing them no matter the percent. The throw does 3% and the beam does 6%, 9% in total. His most powerful throw.
Up throw - Carelessly tosses the opponent above his head. This has intense knockback scaling, meaning it will do little knockback at low percents, and high knockback at high percents. Does 6% and obviously never freezes.

Neutral special - Ice Beam - Rundas shoots a thin beam of energy forward, which can be charged for a short period. The beam hits about 3 character models in front of Rundas uncharged and goes halfway across Battlefield charged. Upon contact with anyone, it does 3% and immediately freezes them at mid percents or higher. If the character is not damaged enough, they will simply flinch as if Falco had just blasted them. Cannot be reflected or absorbed.
Side special - Ice Missile - Rundas shoots a projectile forward similar to Samus' Super Missile. This missile travels slower than Samus', but will freeze and launch any opponent it hits with powerful knockback, being a potent KO move at high percents. The missile will do 9% to an unfrozen opponent, but if it his an opponent that is already frozen, it will free them while doing 12% and launching them even further. Because of this, using an Ice Missile on an opponent frozen by Ice Beam is an effective technique.
Down special - Ice Armor - Rundas covers himself in a protective layer of ice that improves his defense. While donning this armor, the amount of damage and knockback Rundas takes will be halved. The downside? So will his speed and jump height. The armor can be removed in one of two ways, or a combination of both: if the Ice Armor takes approximately 12 hits, or if the player presses Down and the special move button again. If the armor is removed by will, any character nearby will take 2% and neglible knockback. If the armor is destroyed, Rundas will have to wait 12 seconds before it is repaired and ready for him to wear again. Shedding it and immediately putting it back on will not restore the Armor's vitality. Rundas will have to wait a number of seconds relative to how many hits the armor has taken. So if the armor has taken 5 hits, Rundas must wait 5 seconds before the armor is fully restored.
Up special - Ice Surf - Upon inputting a direction, Rundas will summon a trail of ice in that direction and surf on it. Think of it as like Squirtle's Waterfall if you could control its direction. Rundas can shift directions twice, after which he will simply continue going in the last direction until the move ends. The move has two restrictions: Rundas cannot go straight up or down nor can he turn around. The Surf is time-based, meaning that after a certain period of time, Rundas will stop surfing and fall, unless a new direction is inputted. Rundas can also jump off mid-surf, allowing him to recover vertically, although doing so will render him unable to perform special moves. This move has a property that no other move has: touching an ally while surfing will allow them to surf on the ice along with Rundas, potentially saving helpless allies from impending doom. This references how Rundas saved Samus the second time while she was falling.
Final Smash - Hypermode - Rundas activates his Phazon Enhancement Device (PED) and enters Hypermode. All of his attacks that induce freezing now freeze 10% earlier and deal more knockback, and the ones that don't have a Phazon effect to them. All attacks also deal more damage. Rundas has super armor during the whole duration of the move and his running speed is additionally increased. After 25 seconds, Hypermode ends and Rundas is returned to normal.

Down taunt: Rundas crosses his arms and taps his foot, feigning impatience while saying "I'm waiting..." in a taunting manner.
Up taunt: Rundas causes it to snow a short range above him before chuckling amusedly and getting back in his battle stance.

Last edited:

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
I love the Prime 3 reference for Victory Quote #1. The comments towards Samus makes me wish we actually had special quotes against certain character. The Naruto Clash of Ninja games always did that, and I loved it. Why can't more games like Smash do this? Oh well. Good moveset ideas. What would his actual victory poses be?

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
If there was two metroid reps I ever wanted, it was Rundas or Anthony Higgs. Rundas' design always looked cool, and his boss fight was amazing in Metroid Prime 3. Does he have a good chance? No. The chances of him getting in are miniscule. Do I want him in? Yes. I simply want him based on how cool he was in the game. I support him!

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I think I'll post my moveset, to get the juices flowing.

The Lucario one is just perfect 10/10

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I love the Prime 3 reference for Victory Quote #1. The comments towards Samus makes me wish we actually had special quotes against certain character. The Naruto Clash of Ninja games always did that, and I loved it. Why can't more games like Smash do this? Oh well. Good moveset ideas. What would his actual victory poses be?
We do. Lucina has special quotes against Marth and Ike. Both Robins have special quotes against Lucina. Palutena has special quotes against Pit and Dark Pit, and Dark Pit has a special one against Pit. Fox and Falco also have quotes between themselves. Wolf had one in Brawl, but we know how that turned out. As for victory poses, I'm not sure, but one of has to involve him turning his back to the camera or being cocky, cause that's just Rundas. Another one would probably be him showing off his cryokinesis, cause again, that's Rundas. Also, nice catch with that Corruption reference.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The comments towards Samus makes me wish we actually had special quotes against certain character. The Naruto Clash of Ninja games always did that, and I loved it.

Why can't more games like Smash do this??
Adding on to what MarioMeteor said, there's also small things like Metal Face's hidden quotes on Gaur Plain reserved for Shulk, the conversations on Orbital Gate(which aren't really specific), the conversations on Lylat Cruise depending on whether it's Fox or Falco being used, and Gray Fox's specific MGS: Twin Snakes quotes when being summoned when Snake is around in Brawl.

Well, that's a pretty common thing in fighting games, if not in fighting games like Smash. Street Fighter and Marvel do it.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor and @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A Ah, I guess the fact that I've never pitted those particular characters against each other explains why I've never heard them. My dedication to maining Samus is showing...

xRenco

Smash Rookie
"Phazon exposure has greatly enhanced Rundas and his ability to generate ice, making him deadly at any range. His durable ice armor has one weak point--the neck. Serious physical stress can weaken and remove it, exposing Rundas to attack. This weak point cannot be seized as long as Rundas is active. He can create frozen objects at will, and can freeze Missiles in midflight. Smaller ice-based projectiles can be shot down, but it is recommended to evaded larger attacks. Be advised: Rundas can trigger a Hypermode state, elevating his threat level to match your own."

Counter / Deflector?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
"Phazon exposure has greatly enhanced Rundas and his ability to generate ice, making him deadly at any range. His durable ice armor has one weak point--the neck. Serious physical stress can weaken and remove it, exposing Rundas to attack. This weak point cannot be seized as long as Rundas is active. He can create frozen objects at will, and can freeze Missiles in midflight. Smaller ice-based projectiles can be shot down, but it is recommended to evaded larger attacks. Be advised: Rundas can trigger a Hypermode state, elevating his threat level to match your own."
Counter / Deflector?
Unless it would be a custom Down Special, I don't see how it would work.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Until it's verified that Mewtwo gets customs in the future, anything related to them DLC-wise wouldn't have much of a point discussing, imo.

Top Bottom