• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just To Clear Some Things Up (Islam)

Status
Not open for further replies.

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
I was reading that closed thread but I really feel I need to clear some things up. First of all, I am Muslim. I was born in the USA and have lived here all my life. One of the things that truley bothered me about reading that thread is that Muslims worship idols. We do not worship the Kaaba. When you see on TV all of the people bowing towards it, that is because it is the center of our religion. Early on, Muhammed said for everyone to face the same direction when praying. When you pray, you face the Kaaba, regardless of where you are. At home, at the Masjid (similar to a church) or anywhere else.

Another thing is, the misconception that we worship Muhammed. No. Muhammed was a messenger to God. When people hear the word Allah, they think it is a different God then the Christian God (not Jesus). It isn't Allah and God are the same thing. Allah simply means God in arabic, the language of the religion.

Another thing I saw was that people seemed to think that we only believe in Allah. What they fai to realize is that we not only believe in him, we believe in Jesus, Abraham, Moses, and all the other prophets before Muhammed. There are no differences in this area. Noah and the ark is in the Koran, just like with most Biblical stories.

In my mind, which may be different from others, the only difference between Islam and Christianity, is that we do not believe that Jesus is the son of God, and we believe in one God. Muslims believe that Jesus brought the words of God to the people, but when e was crucified, people stopped and began to worship him, instead of God himself.

Take it for what it is, I merely thought I would clear up some misconceptions about the religion. I'm not trying to convert people or convince them of one side, I merely thought I would give you the info to be better educated.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Too soon. There is way too much animosity from the closure of the last topic so try this again in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom