• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

just lost my first tourney as wario -_-

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
i would have won, but they had the time limit set to 5 mins... and it went to SD when i had 0% and my opponent had 130% on the same stock...
i should have:

1. killed him w.o worrying about time
2. won b/c i had less % at the end of the time...

but these people were gay, and apparently that guy was their friend... it was the finals too, i should have won.

BUT im really happy i went, my Wario skills just multiplied by 5 lol, playing irl tourneys helps SO much more than i could have thought they would (and now i hate Wifi too lmao)
i look forward to going to the next one, (and hopefully convincing them to use 7-8 min time limit.)

oh, and there were like 30 people there, so it wasnt a major tourney, but there was money :chuckle:

Neb

Smash Lord
lol, I hate going to sumpter.
But yeah, good job, hopefully you'll be able to attend more tournaments.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I got 4th at HOBO yesterday cause I recovered really stupid (I got those matches vs Stiltz and matches against Hylian recorded, I'll post them later.) I was very satisfied getting 4th there with almost all of the best in Texas attending, I had to play 5 of the 7 top 10 attending.

Just figure out something for the next tourney, or take their controllers away :p

Ace55

Smash Lord
Dude, I just saw the people you placed above. T-Rex, Boss (the real boss?), Sethlon, mr 3000, Lee Harris, Hylian (and Xyro, who decided to make a thread about getting 9th) just to name a few I recognized. And you just casually come in and mention: 'hey guys, I just beat everyone in Texas except three MK's'. That's pretty d@mn awesome.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dude, I just saw the people you placed above. T-Rex, Boss (the real boss?), Sethlon, mr 3000, Lee Harris, Hylian (and Xyro, who decided to make a thread about getting 9th) just to name a few I recognized. And you just casually come in and mention: 'hey guys, I just beat everyone in Texas except three MK's'. That's pretty d@mn awesome.
T-rex and Sethlon must have had a bad day, they are usually complete **** 24/7. I beat Mr. 3000 late in the losers bracket, The boss there was not the Mario "Boss" but someone else I beat twice. Didn't play Lee, Beat Hylian (once the vids are up I will show them to you), and I lost to Stiltz, even though I was the one who put him in the losers bracket from an earlier match.

I lost the first match awhile into the Winners bracket to Dojo (Incredible MK), it was really close and it came down to an Usmash coming out for me instead of Fsmash and he got the kill. Then I had to play all sorts of really good people in the losers bracket and when I came back to Stiltz I had a Horrible Suicide on the last match that cost me.

I was satisfied knowing I got 4th there, I could have gotten 3rd or higher but stuff happens ya know. So don't feel bad about losing at a tourney Al Di, just keep it up :)

Gea

Smash Master
You were amazing. I kinda wanted to play you but never got the chance. Tooooo good. And yeah, Dojo is AMAZING.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You were amazing. I kinda wanted to play you but never got the chance. Tooooo good. And yeah, Dojo is AMAZING.
Were you teamed up with Gness for doubles? Man your team was ****, you two work really well together.

Were you the guy who played as DK the most when we fought or were you the Peach Player? IDR who was who cause both your names start with G and they are really similar lol.

Gea

Smash Master
Were you teamed up with Gness for doubles? Man your team was ****, you two work really well together.

Were you the guy who played as DK the most when we fought or were you the Peach Player? IDR who was who cause both your names start with G and they are really similar lol.
I was the Peach player. Kinda dissapointed with how I did in singles (Roy R then a snake knocked me out. Snake + Peach = :( so I'm working on Wario) but doubles was a blast. You guys were **** too.

A-DooM

Smash Cadet
Im playing in my first tourney soon, im stil trying to decide if I should use wario or toon link...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario *****, cmon you go to the Wario boards and ask a question like that? :)

Wario does good but you have to be aware and avoid the **** from some of the more popular characters (MK, G&W, Snake, Dedede, Etc). If you are not confident about playing those matchups, then I would stick with TL. He is pretty good in his own rights.

Top Bottom