• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jungles of Guyana - Mewtwo Frame / Hitbox Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jungles of Guyana - Mewtwo Frame / Hitbox Data

Hello everyone. This thread will contain as much data on Mewtwo's moveset as I can datamine at this point in time. Once Mewtwo's fighter files are dumped, I will embed a sheet to bring it in line with my other frame/hitbox projects. Let's begin, shall we?

Jabs, Tilts, and Dash Attack
Jab
  • A quick palm thrust in front of Mewtwo, with an orb of psychic energy a decent distance in front of it.
    • Damage: 4%
    • Hits on: F6
    • Angle: ~80°

Rapid Jab Loop
  • After the palm thrust, Mewtwo waves its other hand in a circular motion, generating a psychic whirl. Excellent range, probably comparable to Robin's rapid jab.
    • Damage: 1% ×5 (min. no. hits/loop)
    • Angle: ~105°

Rapid Jab Finisher
  • Upon ending the loop, Mewtwo quickly strikes back with its other hand, in an upwards arc toward itself.
    • Damage: 2%
    • Angle: ~45° (361°?)

FTilt
  • Mewtwo swipes its tail in front of itself. Decent range, though with noticeable startup. Can be angled.
    • Damage - Unangled: 10% near base, 8% near tip
    • Damage - Angled: 10% near base, 9% near tip
    • Hits on: F10

UTilt
  • A floating backflip in place. Average startup. Doesn't cover a full 180° above Mewtwo, more like 135°.
    • Damage - Front: 6% near base, 5%/4.5% around middle, 4.5% near tip
    • Damage - Diagonals: 6% near base, 5% around middle, 4% near tip 3% past tip
    • Damage - Top: 6% near base, 4% around middle, 3% near tip
    • Damage - Back: 5%
    • Hits on: F7

DTilt
  • A quick tail swipe at the target's feet. Minimal startup, minimal endlag. Can combo into FAir at low to mid percents. Can combo into UAir at mid to mid-high percents.
    • Damage: 5% near base, 4% near tip

Dash Attack
  • Mewtwo lunges forward, gripping one wrist with one of its hands and creating a small psychic burst with the other. Average startup, average endlag.
    • Damage: 10% early, 6% late
Smashes and Aerials

FSmash
  • Putting its hands together before leaning and thrusting them forward, Mewtwo generates a psychic wave. Good range. Noticeable startup, average endlag.
    • Damage: 15% at epicenter, 19% at edge
    • Hits on: F19

USmash
  • An arm straight up creates a psychic galaxy, complete with stars. Low startup, high-ish endlag.
    • Damage - Setup hit: 1%
    • Damage - Weak hits: 1% ×5
    • Damage - Strong finisher: 10%
    • Hits on: F9

DSmash
  • Mewtwo violently points a finger toward the ground in front of itself, creating a psychic explosion. High-ish startup, low-ish endlag.
    • Damage: 15%
    • Hits on: F21

NAir
  • A continuous jolt of electricity surrounds Mewtwo. The move still hits multiple times like it does in Melee. However, this time the hitboxes link into each other more reliably, making it less likely your target will escape prematurely. Nearly non-existent endlag.
    • Damage - Weak hits: 1% ×8
    • Damage - Strong finisher: 4%
    • Hits on: F7

FAir
  • The iconic Shadow Claw makes its return. Mewtwo quickly slashes a hand enveloped in a psychic aura in an arc similar to that of its rapid jab finisher.
    • Damage: 13%
BAir
  • Mewtwo swings its tail behind itself. Moderate startup with a deceiving hitbox - despite the tail beginning to swing beneath its feet, the hitbox doesn't appear until around the diagonal beneath and behind the body. However, the damage makes up for it.
    • Damage: 13% near base, 11% around midde, 9% near tip
    • Hits on: F13

UAir
  • Somewhat visually similar to UTilt. Another tail-based attack with an unexpected blind spot. The swing again begins beneath Mewtwo, but the tail doesn't become a hitbox until it reaches the diagonal above and in front. It does however cover a nice fan-shaped arc.
    • Damage: 11% near base, 9% around middle, 7% near tip

DAir
  • A shadowy flip kick aimed directly underneath Mewtwo's body. Range is somewhat forgiving for a spike, and the non-spiking hitbox still has good knockback.
    • Damage: 15% near foot (spike), 14% around body (non-spike)
    • Hits on: F15

Grabs, Throws, and Pummel

Grab
  • Mewtwo raises a hand a releases a small burst of psychic energy. The standing grab has poor-ish range, only reaching about a character space ahead.
    • Grabs on - Standing: F7
    • Grabs on - Dashing: F9
    • Grabs on - Pivot: F10

Pummel
  • Mewtwo zaps its victim with an electric spark imbued with a dark aura. Low endlag, allowing you to pummel quickly.
    • Damage: 2%
    • Hits on: F4

FThrow
  • After telekineticaly shoving the target away into the air at a diagonal, Mewtwo launches a barrage of small Shadow Balls, which can be Pocketed, reflected, and absorbed. The move has been vastly improved from Melee; fast-fallers like the spacies can no longer just fall out of the barrage, so opponents in general are subject to the entire more nearly all the time.
    • Damage - Throw: 3%
    • Damage - Shadow Ball: 1.5% ×5

BThrow
  • A simple backhand throw utilising Mewtwo's mind rather than its muscles. KOing capabilities seem to have been significantly reduced from Melee.
    • Damage: 10%

UThrow
  • The fearsome "Tornado Throw" is back, While it is still a powerful throw, it also seems to have been nerfed, with its knockback just barely missing the KO. Usually KOs 10%-15% later than you'd expect, so keep that in mind.
    • Damage: 12%

DThrow
  • Mewtwo sets the target on the ground before giving them a sound slam with its tail. For reasons unknown, this move hits twice, but the individual hits combo so reliably it is functionally a one-hit attack.
    • Damage - Tail slam: 4%
    • Damage - Ground bounce: 5%

Specials

Shadow Ball (Neutral B)
  • Shadow Ball returns just as powerful as ever. However, charging the move no longer yields a damaging electrical field, further differentiating it from Lucario's Aura Sphere. The move seems to me to have bonus shield damage when fully charged, but more testing will have to be done in order to confirm this, and find out just how much additional damage it does. The attack hits sooner when launched from charging than it does from neutral.
    • Damage - Uncharged: 2.5%
    • Damage - Fully charged: 25%
    • Hits on - From charge: F6
    • Hits on - From neutral: F23

Confusion (Side B)
  • Mewtwo's side special has been significantly buffed compared to its Melee incarnation, as it now acts as a true reflector. No longer will your opponents laugh at their own projectiles coming back their way! The move is a command grab, so you can whirl people around right out of their shields.
    • Damage - Hit: 1.125% ×8
    • Damage - Reflect: ×1.4
    • Hits on: F12

Teleport (Up B)
  • Disappearing from sight momentarily, Mewtwo quickly reappears a set distance in the direction you input. Using it in the air will carry Mewtwo a bit farther in that direction due to its momentum carrying forward. Additionally, according to an in-game tip, reappearing on a platform will cause Mewtwo to slide a short distance along the ground. Finally, like Palutena's Warp, Teleport can be edge-cancelled, allowing for nifty ledge play.
    • Intangibility: F9-17 (9F)

Disable (Down B)
  • A flash of the eyes launches a string of sparkles a short distance in front of Mewtwo. Anyone who makes eye contact with the sparkles will be momentarily stunned as though their shield was broken. Using this on a target who is already stunned will not incapacitate them longer, only deal damage. Connecting with an airborne target will not stun them, but will launch them a short distance away. Connecting on a target who is facing away will yield no results at all. The beam can be Pocketed and reflected.
    • Damage: 1%
    • Hits on: F15

Dodges and Rolls

Spotdodge
  • Mewtwo quickly leans into the background. Low startup.
    • Intangibility: F2-15 (14F)

Rolls
  • A glide across the ground in the direction you chose. Forward and backward roll have identical intangiblity.
    • Intangibility: F4-17 (14F)

Airdodge
  • Using its psychic powers, Mewtwo disappears to avoid an incoming attack. Low startup, good duration.
    • Intagibility: F2-24 (23F)

Last edited:
Updated with jabs, tilts, and dash attack. Smashes and aerials come next, after which I will add hit-on frames before beginning specials.

Once all that's done, images will be added.

Last edited:

Sirgabite

Smash Cadet
if i recall, Mewtwo's Fair comes out on F5 or F6, but most likely F6

(just an assumption)

and because nair comes out faster than Fair, so that might just come out on F4 ??

note im not 100% accurate with frame data, what im saying are assumptions and comparisons to whats already ben found

also i really appreaciate you going through all this for all of the other smashers out there, keep doing what you do :)

Last edited by a moderator:
FAir hits on F6, NAir hits on F7.

Also, added aerials, added hit-on frames for aerials (all the other attacks have them too), and added a small, 3% hitbox on UTilt I missed.

UTilt is amazing btw, I like it more than Melee's. Lots of precise hitboxes though, for example the front hit has a 4% hitbox that knocks targets towards you and another 4% hitbox that knocks them away low to the ground, but they occupy nearly the same space.

Bear Eyez

Smash Rookie
FAir hits on F6, NAir hits on F7.

Also, added aerials, added hit-on frames for aerials (all the other attacks have them too), and added a small, 3% hitbox on UTilt I missed.

UTilt is amazing btw, I like it more than Melee's. Lots of precise hitboxes though, for example the front hit has a 4% hitbox that knocks targets towards you and another 4% hitbox that knocks them away low to the ground, but they occupy nearly the same space.
I found (with no DI) you can U tilt them 3 or 4 times and, then they actually fell into a empty zone in the Utilt.

Last edited:
Mewtwos tail attacks have pretty bad dead zones... Also Utilt is hitbox hell, idk what is even going on with it anymore. Ill explain later when I get off work. Also also the front hit 4% hitbox is actually 4.5%, but the rest of the arc's seem to be 4%

Last edited:

Sirgabite

Smash Cadet
i think i can explain

UTilt has different hitboxes for the base of his tail, the middle part, and the tip / these hitboxes change depending on where mewtwo's tail currently is.

and then theres the hitboxes that are over him and behind him, over all its about 11 hitboxes on it

i think i can explain

UTilt has different hitboxes for the base of his tail, the middle part, and the tip / these hitboxes change depending on where mewtwo's tail currently is.

and then theres the hitboxes that are over him and behind him, over all its about 11 hitboxes on it
Yeah, I was thinking that Mewtwo's tail was just partitioned into different hitboxes which just change as it moves along the arc, but it SEEMS that it gains and loses hitboxes instead, which is really uncommon for that type of move. For example, Lucina's UTilt hitbox amount remains constant, but their damage values change along the arc.

Hitboxes being generated then destroyed isn't out of the question, it would just be unusual.

Anyway updated with grabs, pummel, and throws. Throw armour makes it difficult for me to test hit-on frames, so I'll hold off on doing that so I can move on to specials.

Edit: Also, I'm beginning to believe that DAir has a changing hitbox rather than two hitboxes in different locations. It looks like the 15% spike is exclusively at the start of the flip, and afterwards it decays into the 14% non-spike.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Mewtwos tail attacks have pretty bad dead zones... Also Utilt is hitbox hell, idk what is even going on with it anymore. Ill explain later when I get off work. Also also the front hit 4% hitbox is actually 4.5%, but the rest of the arc's seem to be 4%
i think i can explain

Yeah, I think it was "trunk sourspot", "trunk sweetspot", "tipper sourspot" and "tipper sweetspot" as @ Chiroz Chiroz put it.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Yeah, I was thinking that Mewtwo's tail was just partitioned into different hitboxes which just change as it moves along the arc, but it SEEMS that it gains and loses hitboxes instead, which is really uncommon for that type of move. For example, Lucina's UTilt hitbox amount remains constant, but their damage values change along the arc.

Hitboxes being generated then destroyed isn't out of the question, it would just be unusual.

Anyway updated with grabs, pummel, and throws. Throw armour makes it difficult for me to test hit-on frames, so I'll hold off on doing that so I can move on to specials.

Edit: Also, I'm beginning to believe that DAir has a changing hitbox rather than two hitboxes in different locations. It looks like the 15% spike is exclusively at the start of the flip, and afterwards it decays into the 14% non-spike.

I think the tilts and tail aerials just have 4 hitboxes that are situated in specific spots of the tail and Mewtwo doesn't exactly "stretch" his tail so sometimes the hitboxs might seem to move but they are in the same spot.

The trajectory they send in are always the same BUT they are also dependant on when the hitbox connects (like Marth's Down-Air).

Also I always assumed D-Air was just like Greninja's, it spikes only in the first few frames of the hitbox, then the knockback changes.

Last edited:
Yes! My capture device is coming in this Monday so as soon as it does I'll be able to get FAFs (first actionable frames) for everything, including gifs to add to the OP to make it look nice.

Anyway, hit-on frames have been added for specials, including intangibility for Teleport. Aside from ledge/getup attacks, dodges, rolls, and ledge getup, this is mostly done, so now I'm gonna check to see if there are any frame differences when using the specials while airborne.

btw everyone here's a preview of what I meant by "embed a sheet to bring it in line with my other projects"

I've only published the first tab because I'm not going to bother filling in the rest with placeholders when mastercore is going to be updated within the next few days. But yeah this is what it will look like. Once Dant drops the v1.0.6 dump on mastercore with Mewtwo's fighter files I will be able to fill in knockback values, accurate launch angles, and other delicious stuff. Once that happens I will embed the full sheet into the OP, which will have multiple tabs at the bottom for different sections.

Additionally these sheets update in real time as I edit the original document so that's super nice yes?

The durations listed here are approximations I've gathered through manual datamining. I'm confident that they are accurate within a frame or two though, except for dash attack. It might last longer than 9F? ZSS's dash attack has a duration of 10F+ so yeah (13F to be exact).

If you wanna get a better idea of what the finished product will look like take a peek at my Villager sheet *hint hint*

Last edited:

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
Do you plan on adding roll and teleport recovery frames for comparison? Thank you for working on this.

If by recovery you mean endlag, then that will begin to come in on Monday. As for Teleport vs standard dodges in terms of intangibility, here's the data -

Action | Intangibility
Teleport | F9-17 (9F)
Spotdodge | F2-15 (14F)
FRoll | F4-17 (14F)
BRoll | F4-17 (14F)
Airdodge | F2-24 (23F)

Holy ****, Mewtwo's airdodge is REALLY good.

In terms of raw frame data Teleport isn't a very good defensive option but the fact that you have more versatility in where you dodge to makes up for it imo.

Also, does anyone know of a 4% hitbox on dash attack? Unless attacks stale in the waiting lobby for random online (the one where there's a CPU of your character), Mewtwo has a really late hitbox on dash attack that does 4%.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
If by recovery you mean endlag, then that will begin to come in on Monday. As for Teleport vs standard dodges in terms of intangibility, here's the data -

Action | Intangibility
Teleport | F9-17 (9F)
Spotdodge | F2-15 (14F)
FRoll | F4-17 (14F)
BRoll | F4-17 (14F)
Airdodge | F2-24 (23F)

In terms of raw frame data Teleport isn't a very good defensive option but the fact that you can more versatility in where you dodge to makes up for it imo.

Also, does anyone know of a 4% hitbox on dash attack? Unless attacks stale in the waiting lobby for random online (the one where there's a CPU of your character), Mewtwo has a really late hitbox on dash attack that does 4%.
It has a 6% hitbox, didn't know of the 4% one.

Air dodge is extremely good, lately I've been starting to just use it much more in all senses. I think Teleport and Roll are so bad at "dodging" because maybe we're ment to just air dodge our way through stuff.

What are Mewtwo's frame data for his jumping squat? Like what is the very earliest frame he can go intangible with an air dodge.

It has a 6% hitbox, didn't know of the 4% one.

Air dodge is extremely good, lately I've been starting to just use it much more in all senses. I think Teleport and Roll are so bad at "dodging" because maybe we're ment to just air dodge our way through stuff.

What are Mewtwo's frame data for his jumping squat? Like what is the very earliest frame he can go intangible with an air dodge.
Ill get back to you on that as soon as I get off work.

Alright @ Chiroz Chiroz assuming my reasoning is correct (I'm pretty sure it is...) Mewtwo's jumpsquat is 5F, meaning you are airborne F6, meaning that if you buffer an airdodge during jumpsquat you will avoid any attack F7 and slower that was input on the same frame as your jump.

For reference -

Mewtwo airdodge: F2

Lucario jab: F6
--Input on same frame: hit

Bowser jab: F7
--Input on same frame: dodge

Dodged on the first frame of intangibility, meaning -1F for intan, -1F for startup, leaves us with 5F of total airdodge startup (jumpsquat)

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Alright @ Chiroz Chiroz assuming my reasoning is correct (I'm pretty sure it is...) Mewtwo's jumpsquat is 5F, meaning you are airborne F6, meaning that if you buffer an airdodge during jumpsquat you will avoid any attack F7 and slower that was input on the same frame as your jump.

For reference -

Mewtwo airdodge: F2

Lucario jab: F6
--Input on same frame: hit

Bowser jab: F7
--Input on same frame: dodge

Dodged on the first frame of intangibility, meaning -1F for intan, -1F for startup, leaves us with 5F of total airdodge startup (jumpsquat)

So it's 1-3 frames slower than rolling but it allows for 0 endlag and also gives a much wider intangibility window. I would say that air dodge is probably just better in all ocassions. I would say that there are much fewer times when rolling would have avoided an attack than air dodging allowing you to dodge an opponents reaction to your dodge.

Psyruby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyruby
3DS FC
3007-8155-8661

Action | Intangibility
Teleport | F9-17 (9F)
Spotdodge | F2-15 (14F)
FRoll | F4-17 (14F)
BRoll | F4-17 (14F)
Airdodge | F2-24 (23F)

In terms of raw frame data Teleport isn't a very good defensive option but the fact that you have more versatility in where you dodge to makes up for it imo.

What are the ending frames of vulnerability on his rolls and dodges?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
What are the ending frames of vulnerability on his rolls and dodges?
Some other thread said both rolls ended at frame 29, which means there are more vulnerable frames than invulnerable plus it's a slow roll, making it incredibly bad.

Don't know how accurate that other thread is though.

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
Really nice work on this, I've actually noticed a few things missing, and I'll list them here.

First one is F-tilt, which actually has 3 hitboxes and they all do the same amount of damage no matter what angle.
You have them all listed, but incorrectly, for all angles there is a 9% hitbox in the middle of Mewtwo's tale and for the angled versions the tipper does 8% and not 9%.

Second one is Dash Attack, at the very start of the move it also has a 9% hitbox.
There may be another ending hit that does 4% but I couldn't replicate it at all, I only got it like one time and that was it, I'm guessing it's the very last frame Dash Attack is active.

And lastly the Get-up Attacks, the Ledge, Lying down, and Face plant variants all do 7% with the Trip variant doing 5%.
They may not be very important attacks, but eh, whatever. :p

Right you are! To be honest my examination of FTilt was pretty hasty; lots of characters with angleable FTilts/FSmashes actually deal more damage when they angle them, so I just automatically assumed it was the same deal with Mewtwo.

I had also totally missed the early 9% hitbox on dash attack. Also I haven't been able to get the 4% hitbox again either, but now that you're confirming it too I know I wasn't just imagining things.

I'll update the OP with this once I get back home.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The 4% hitbox for Mewtwo's dash attack is the sourspot's late hitbox.

The amount of damage that Confusion deals is very strange. It doesn't deal exactly 9% damage because if you use the attack 21 times against an opponent in Training mode, the damage meter will display 190%.

Edit: It seems that all of Mewtwo's smash attacks except the sourspot hitbox of the side smash attack may have transcendent priority.

Last edited:

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Comparison of Smash 4 Mewtwo's Frame Data with Melee Mewtwo's Frame Data:

Jab 1: 6 vs 8. Buffed. (+2)
Ftilt: 10 vs 6. Nerfed. (-4 :/ )
Dtilt: 6 vs 5. Nerfed. (-1)
Utilt: 7 vs 6. Nerfed. (-1)
DA: 10 vs 10. Same. (+0)

Fsmash: 19 vs 18. Nerfed. (-1)
Usmash: 9 vs 9. Same. (+0)
Dsmash: 21 vs 20. Nerfed. (-1)

Nair: 7 vs 5. Nerfed. (-2)
Fair: 6 vs 6. Same. (+0)
Bair: 13 vs 12. Nerfed. (-1)
Uair: 10 vs 9. Nerfed. (-1)
Dair: 15 vs 18. Buffed. (+3)

Grab: 7 vs 7. Same. (+0)
Dash Grab: 9 vs 8. Nerfed. (-1)

Confusion: 12 vs 12. Same. (+0)
Disable: 15 vs 15. Same. (+0)

Total frame changes: +5 vs -13 = -8 overall.

Data gathered from here: http://smashboards.com/threads/mewtwo-hitboxes-and-frame-data.302477/

Jab and Dair frame data buffs are definitely nice. -1 on a lot of things which isn't TOO bad. But that Ftilt nerf is horrible. Nair nerf is also kind of bad because it used to be his fastest aerial.

Would be really nice if we could've just kept the buffed Jab and Dair and all other frame data matched Melee Mewtwo, especially Ftilt. Oh well~

Last edited:
Mewtwo also got pretty significant damage nerfs on basically its entire moveset - DTilt is down to 5%/4% from 9%, UTilt is down to a max of 6% from 10%, jab 1 6% > 4%, and NAir went from a max of 20% to just 12%. In addition to this his tail attacks just overall feel a LOT better in Melee. Faster, larger, stronger hitboxes.

On the other hand we got a pretty good deal on FSmash, with the sweetspot being nerfed by 1% but the sourspot being buffed by 3%, which is pretty big. Also now that I think about it, NAir wasn't hurt too badly since in practice Melee NAir would probably only get you 12% on average, lmao. And if DTilt had kept that damage it would probably be harder to use it to combo because of the physics differences between Melee and Smash 4.

Anyway, I got some Mewtwo footage yesterday for frame data but I've spent most of my time since then trying to find a program that will let me examine the video frame by frame. I honestly wasn't expecting to have so much difficulty in finding something that would let me do that easily.

godogod

Smash Ace

The amount of damage that Confusion deals is very strange. It doesn't deal exactly 9% damage because if you use the attack 21 times against an opponent in Training mode, the damage meter will display 190%.

Edit: It seems that all of Mewtwo's smash attacks except the sourspot hitbox of the side smash attack may have transcendent priority.
Neither does Shadowball deal exactly 25%. I've seen it do 26% many times. Must be in between, like 25.5%

Neither does Shadowball deal exactly 25%. I've seen it do 26% many times. Must be in between, like 25.5%
If you're playing in a match it will deal more than 25% due to the freshness bonus, but I'll double check once I get home.

Last edited:

Forgot to address this. Huh, that really is weird. It seems to stay 9% total until that point, so I'm guessing each hit doesn't do 1.125% damage? It would appear to deal closer to 1.3% damage (since there are 8 hits in one Confusion). Shrug, hopefully mastercore will clear this up!

Anyway I've gotten FAFs for basically everything now. I'll post them here until I figure out how I want to incorporate this data into the OP in terms of formatting.

The FAF is the first frame after a move during which you can input a command and have that command be executed the very next frame. So that means that if some character's attack X had a FAF of 20, inputting attack Y that hits on F1 on F20 would hit someone on F21. If they input attack Z that hit on F3 on F20, it would hit F23. If you successfully buffer your second jump during your DAir cooldown, you'll begin jumping on F46.

Action | FAF
Jab | F24
Rapid Jab Loop + End (one loop) | F90
FTilt | F35
UTilt | F29
DTilt | F20
FSmash | F53
USmash | F73
DSmash | F43
NAir | F45 (19F landing lag)
FAir | F37 (18F landing lag)
BAir | F39 (21F landing lag)
UAir | F39 (16F landing lag)
DAir | F45 (22F landing lag)
Airdodge | F28 (21F landing lag) (wow this airdodge is REALLY good)
Spotdodge | F24
FRoll | F29
BRoll | F29
Shadow Ball Full Charge | 138F (2.3S)
Grounded Shadow Ball from Neutral (Min. Charge Shadow Ball) / Aerial Shadow Ball from Charge | F48
Grounded Shadow Ball from Charge | F31
Confusion | F44
Teleport | F52 (grounded reappearance) (30F landing lag)
Disable | F47
Standing Grab (miss) | F35
Dash Grab (miss) | F42
Pivot Grab (miss) | F41
Pummel | F18
FThrow | F88
BThrow | F59
UThrow | F86
DThrow | F41
Grab Release (Ground / Aerial) | F29
Ledge Grab | F20
Ledge Getup | F34
Ledge Attack | F55
Ledge Roll | F49
Trip Getup | F21
Trip Attack | F49
Trip FRoll | F28
Trip BRoll | F27
Up Taunt (Spin) | F84
Side Taunt (Burst) | F93
Down Taunt (Psy) | F104

I think that covers everything except for tech stuff. If I missed something lemme know.

Last edited:
A 4F FAir would be excellent but you gotta keep in mind that FAir has a killer hitbox that can catch shorter characters when SHed AND autocancel AND is set up by DTilt/UTilt up to mid percents AND is a pretty reliable KO move. F6 honestly isn't that bad.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Thank you so much for this data!

About the air dodge landing lag...are you sure it's 21 frames? A previous patch a while ago brought ZSS and WFT (pretty sure it was them, don't remember if there were more characters) air dodge landing lag up to 22 frames to stay consistent with the rest of the cast. So is Mewtwo really 21 or is it possible it's actually a 22?

I'm pretty sure its 21, I checked more than once, but I'll check again tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever did the landing lag data for that did something weird like include the frame before the shield came up. When you input shield, the graphic for the shield doesn't appear until F2, although your character enters a shielding animation on F1 (except when powershielding attacks by inputting shield on the same frame they would connect; try it out by inputting Little Mac's jab and your shield on the same frame and the shield graphic will appear F1). They probably didn't know this and thought that shield appeared F1 and that the actual F1 was still part of landing lag.

Like I said I'll double check tomorrow though.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I'm pretty sure its 21, I checked more than once, but I'll check again tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever did the landing lag data for that did something weird like include the frame before the shield came up. When you input shield, the graphic for the shield doesn't appear until F2, although your character enters a shielding animation on F1 (except when powershielding attacks by inputting shield on the same frame they would connect; try it out by inputting Little Mac's jab and your shield on the same frame and the shield graphic will appear F1). They probably didn't know this and thought that shield appeared F1 and that the actual F1 was still part of landing lag.

Like I said I'll double check tomorrow though.
http://smashboards.com/threads/all-character-landing-lag-frame-data.371503/

That is a good point and I really hope not because that would mean every single number in that^ thread is actually with a -1

But yeah let's see, thank you for double checking.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
A 4F FAir would be excellent but you gotta keep in mind that FAir has a killer hitbox that can catch shorter characters when SHed AND autocancel AND is set up by DTilt/UTilt up to mid percents AND is a pretty reliable KO move. F6 honestly isn't that bad.
Yeah but with the speed of his other moves it's not as good as it could be. If his moves were a bit faster the 6 frame fair would be perfect. However, his fastest move being six frames hurts him. Especially in conjunction with his movement.

That's true, but he has Enable (jab confirmed disable, or even jab confirmed DTilt > aerials), which a lot of characters with attacks on the slower side lack. Jab is F6, but it has great, disjointed range.

Anyway I checked again and yeah I am positive Mewtwo's airdodge landing lag is 21F, along with WFT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom