• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[June 7, 2014] Don't Get Hit - Melee (Boise, ID)

DA K1D

Smash Cadet
Don't Get Hit

We will have space for 8 setups. First 8 to arrive with full setups will get the discount.

The Venue

Grinkers Grand Palace
228 East Plaza Drive, Suite H
Eagle, Idaho 83616

The Price

Melee Singles entry - $15.00
Melee Doubles entry - $10.00/person

With Full setup (GC, Melee, CRT): -$5.00 both events
With Pre-Registration: -$5.00 Singles

Project M Singles entry - $10.00
Project M Doubles entry - $10.00

With Project M Setup (No CRT): -$5.00 both events

Entry fees will be split among First, second and third place 60/30/10

Schedule

9:00 AM - Sign in/Sign up starts, setup begins
9:45 AM - Sign up/Sign in ends, no Melee entries after this time
10:00 AM - Setup is done, Melee Singles bracket starts.
10:30-11:00 AM - Melee Doubles bracket starts
1:00 PM - Boise Vs Eagle Crew Battle
1:30 PM - Lunch break and P:M signups
2:30 PM - Bracket restarts and P:M Signups close
Whenever we feel like it: Pack up and leave
12:00 PM: Venue closes

Brackets

Singles

Doubles

The Rules

Melee

http://smashboards.com/rulesets/melee/

Project M

http://smashboards.com/rulesets/project-m/

Conduct

Bring your own controller/borrow one from someone else
(Note: borrowing a controller is NOT an exception for being late)

The TO is the arbiter of all disputes

Keep it PG, two warnings, third time you are DQ'd

Excessive Stalling in between matches will result in losses

Be on time for your match. If you are late, the following will apply.

2 minutes late: Warning
4 minutes late: loss of match
6 minutes late: loss of set

Last edited:

Radon

Smash Rookie
I never knew there were tourneys for this game in the country, i would've been in them years ago! Looking forward to my first tourney

DA K1D

Smash Cadet
Will it just be Melee?
Yes, it's just gonna be Melee this time. If this goes well, I'll see about starting bi-weeklies or something. If I do that, Project M will be there, no worries.

Edit: Project M is a possibility if we have enough time. See OP.
Another Edit: Project M is gonna happen. Registration is at the door at 1:30.

I never knew there were tourneys for this game in the country, i would've been in them years ago! Looking forward to my first tourney
That's because there often aren't. Make sure to pre-register and bring some extra cash for lunch, and you'll have a blast!

Last edited:

Rayellow58

Smash Rookie
Im pretty pumped this will be my first one too. I am also trying to get some of our crew to go as well so we can have a good turn out.

DA K1D

Smash Cadet
All of you need to Pre-register. YOU GET 5.00 off entry! DO IT NAO.

DA K1D

Smash Cadet
full setup is melee, gc, and Crt tv. (not lcd!) with pre-reg, that brings the price down to 5.00 for singles and 5.00 for doubles (both in a team pay independently.)

Last edited:

Metzo

Smash Rookie
full setup is melee, gc, and Crt tv. (not lcd!) with pre-reg, that brings the price down to 5.00 for singles and 5.00 for doubles (both in a team pay independently.)
Alright i'll bring all that. i'll pre register later today, going to see if another person down here will join me for doubles. if not just singles for me then.

DA K1D

Smash Cadet
You can edit your entries if you set it to email you your responses. You have to check in, but the process is much faster, (you just have to tell me who you are and give me the entry fees), and it makes it easier for me to gauge the amount of players I'll be getting. As long as you get there before registration closes you'll be good.

Metzo

Smash Rookie
You can edit your entries if you set it to email you your responses. You have to check in, but the process is much faster, (you just have to tell me who you are and give me the entry fees), and it makes it easier for me to gauge the amount of players I'll be getting. As long as you get there before registration closes you'll be good.
Ah, thanks. Well got a teammate now we both will have setup and he'll register tomorrow. If you guys need help setting up, we can come up earlier too. See you guys then.

Last edited:

DA K1D

Smash Cadet
we need all the help we can get, PM Me.

Last edited:

DA K1D

Smash Cadet
Announcements:
We need extension cords. A lot of them. Please bring as many as you can find. SERIOUSLY, BRING EXTENSION CORDS.

I have decided to ditch pools in favor of a crew battle in between events. Seeding will be decided by a panel of top players attending the tournament. This will give us more time to play friendlies and reduce pressure to finish on time.

A final schedule, as well as other details will be announced May 31st

There will be a player cap of 20 entrants and 10 teams. If we go over the cap, players not in the bracket will still be allowed to play friendlies and spectate, however, the crew battle will be prioritized for entrants.

Edit: I will have a final schedule and more details on May 31st. Also, Pre-registration ends Friday, May 31st at 12:00 PM MDT. Pre register now!

Last edited:

DA K1D

Smash Cadet
Update: Final schedule has been posted in OP. We will have room for 8 setups. First come first serve. Unused setups will not bring a discount. Be there at 9:00. We have 1 spot for a walk on in singles, and spots for 3 walk on teams. Bracket will start as soon as all pre-registered players arrive, or at 10:00. Project M will be played if there is enough time.

Edit: Modified Schedule to include crew battle, Longer lunch break, and end time.

Last edited:

DA K1D

Smash Cadet
I've finished the bracket for singles at Don't Get Hit. There's still space for 2 walkons. (And like 3 teams) I need the following people to find doubles partners and report them to me ASAP. Baron The Red, hitme, and period. I also need Hi! to confirm he's doubles partners with wasian. Singles bracket In OP.

Last edited:

DA K1D

Smash Cadet
I got impatient and made the doubles bracket. We still have space for 2 teams. I assumed that hitme would be with period and QraQ would be with J$. I'll confirm doubles partners and give you a chance to change them at signup/signin.

Almond

Smash Rookie
i didn't pre-register. now i have to walk in and just pray that there are spots left open

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I'd be surprised if all the pre-registrants even show up. Just come and I bet you'll get a spot. I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if we actually manage to get twenty entrants for the tourneys

BGL

Smash Rookie
I know a number of people that would be interested in bi weekly tournaments. We have two tvs plus one game, a wii and gamecube (and controllers). We can definitely help set up as well. I, personally, would like to help grow the smash scene in the Boise/Eagle area. We are all over 20 but still love the game. I would like to know if you are interested in the bi-weekly tournaments because it would be something i could be invested in.

Brock

Top Bottom