• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

June 16, Framingham (Mass Bi-Weekly) Monthly Mass Madness 2: You Fell for the Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
I'm looking forward to this and I hope everyone can make it who wants to go. Get some practice in this week.

Also for those who are going to attend. Anyone who can bring a TV, please do so if at all possible. We also need power strips and extension cords. So if you have any of those that would help as well.

Tizex

Smash Journeyman
yeah if you can, birdman, that'd be cool, thanks. otherwise i probably won't go, i got my fix at matt.zeb's thing.

Koga+

Boot
lol Jinx being called a noob, me and arc are still unsure about this one. We want to go but i think we might have other plans ><

St. Viers

Smash Champion
camping this weekend... :/ So need to beat Yandr....*shakes fist*

Though if any of y'all are free this week, and wouldn't mind heading over to UM:Boston to play smash with a semi-decent person, PM me. I'm free any week day until the weekend of the 30th, when I head up to NH to work all summer. At almost any time before 4:30.

Elen

Smash Lord
Schweppes were MM-ing too ^.^ You owe me a match way back from Cata3. Dotzeb, go to AOI's house before this crap. It'd be amazing.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'll be matching for the moneys too.

A teammate would be nice.

Jinx

Smash Journeyman

Kids not even from MA are posting 2 ban wobbles, lol... Dunno why it's taking so long for them 2 be banned...

Elen

Smash Lord

Kids not even from MA are posting 2 ban wobbles, lol... Dunno why it's taking so long for them 2 be banned...
I talked to Redsox a little while back. He's pretty intent on keeping it legal :S We should have a poll or something for next time.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
@Zoso

Hey man I tried the roll dodge thing against the chain grab the other day. And guess what? It seemed to work pretty well. Except that it was only when they were doing the chaingrab that would spin you around as ganon/captain. And that one is used with a full jump, not a short hop dair.

Later I tried to do it with Peach and it didn't work once. I went from 0% to 140%. There is no way to get out of it if they do the shorthop dair correctly with Nana. The only difference is if you are grabbed on the edge of a platform, you can creep towards it enough with some DI and then you basically run out of territory. It's like Marth fthrow chain grab on Peach at low percent, but a lot slower.

Anyway. I've never seen anyone get out of the short hop dair chain grab before. But I have seen people get out of full jump dair very often. And that roll dodge thing does work quite well I might add but only against the full jump dair with Nana. The shorthop one has different timing and you stick to the ground and lag more, kinda like when you get hit by a falco dair at low percent.

Anyway I'm still positive that there isn't a difference between chain grab and wobbles. Cause if you do chain grab properly (which most people don't) it's inescapable unless you have a platform directly behind you. And I've only been close enough for that to happen like once out of the probably 50+ times that I have been chaingrabbed by Ironchief.

No one has argued that difference. Either way it's stupid to ban wobbles just because people think you can escape this other manuveur when you can't.

WaveShiner X

Smash Apprentice
i'm tring to go to this tourny but i don't have a ride coming back home from portland to topsham in maine...
if i do show up is anyone up for some mms?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Anyway. I've never seen anyone get out of the short hop dair chain grab before.
I've done it.

Anyway I'm still positive that there isn't a difference between chain grab and wobbles.
Apples and oranges.

Either way it's stupid to ban wobbles just because people think you can escape this other manuveur when you can't.
For the last time, IT'S ESCAPABLE. I HAVE SEEN IT DONE.

you lose alot to wobbling don't you? You are such a noob man
Says the Ice Climbers player.

I don't even think it should be banned, but you people are just being ********.

Also, it's not called "wobbles." Wobbles is the talented player who popularized it. Hence, it is called "wobbling."

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
I've done it.

Apples and oranges.

For the last time, IT'S ESCAPABLE. I HAVE SEEN IT DONE.

Says the Ice Climbers player.

I don't even think it should be banned, but you people are just being ********.

Also, it's not called "wobbles." Wobbles is the talented player who popularized it. Hence, it is called "wobbling."
***** it's called "the ownage" ohh you just been owned son!

Also does anybody need a ride?

Dark_Cloud

Smash Apprentice
So, who here wants to get hit with Peach's side b?

Haaa-CHAAAAA!
I remember getting hit with that... ****.

Anyway who is offering rides and from where?? I really need a ride because Matt said he cant give me one D:

EDIT: How close is the store to the commuter rail stop?

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
I remember getting hit with that... ****.

Anyway who is offering rides and from where?? I really need a ride because Matt said he cant give me one D:

EDIT: How close is the store to the commuter rail stop?
***** you need a ride call my cell you should have it. If not I will call you *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom