• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 7-8, 2014] Super SWEET: feat. Armada, Mango, Axe, Scar, Toph, Kage, KirbyKaze (Ann Arbor, MI)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Axe and Kage are now confirmed for this, in case you hadn't heard :) and even more big news is on the way. Register now before the price increase!

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
I can't blame them for pm doubles about time and its not possibly because in 3.01 the warning signs on the custom costumes (Dr. Mario) plus Mewtwo and Roy mean it will lag in doubles plus the version that doubles are allowed is 3.02

ShinsuYavi

D-Tier Melee Rookie
Looking forward to this tournament! It will probably be my first, too, so that makes things all the more exciting!

Anything a first-timer should be looking out for that is of note?

Last edited:

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Looking forward to this tournament! It will probably be my first, too, so that makes things all the more exciting!

Anything a first-timer should be looking out for that is of note?

We should do a few friendlies after or before tournament

Legendcc

Smash Rookie
Never been to a smash tournament before. Don't know if I want to throw away my $10 to Armada since I'm no where near as good as him.
Whats the policy on just going to watch and hang out? As long as you pay the venue fee but not compete? Can people do this?

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
It's fine to spectate and play friendlies only, but you still have to register online to get in. On the registration page, leave the events unchecked and pay for the venue fee only.

ShinsuYavi

D-Tier Melee Rookie
We should do a few friendlies after or before tournament
That sounds like fun! To be honest, I'm not sure if I'll be able to find/recognize you or even remember to play with you when the day comes, but I really appreciate the offer! :)

ShinsuYavi

D-Tier Melee Rookie
Hmm, some unexpected events have come up and I don't think I'll be able to participate in the pools & brackets.
@ Juggleguy Juggleguy , If I pay the $20 venue fee but not the $10 for the melee singles entree fee, am I still able to play friendlies?
Do I need to check in / check out if I don't participate in the pools/brackets? And finally, is it alright to leave and enter the venue at any time?

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
aw this sounds amazing i wanna go. too bad my dad is getting married that weekend... what the heck dad, who does that at such an age? >_>

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Hmm, some unexpected events have come up and I don't think I'll be able to participate in the pools & brackets.
@ Juggleguy Juggleguy , If I pay the $20 venue fee but not the $10 for the melee singles entree fee, am I still able to play friendlies?
Do I need to check in / check out if I don't participate in the pools/brackets? And finally, is it alright to leave and enter the venue at any time?
We actually aren't accepting pure spectator registrations at this time. If the cap isn't reached by the time the registration deadline comes, then I'll open up spectator registration. But due to space constraints, we have to prioritize entrants first -- you must enter an event to gain access into the venue.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Juggleguy I'm confused how pools and brackets work
Melee Singles is a round robin format. If there are 8 players in a round robin, you'd play the other 7 opponents one by one while a TO staff member records results. Top X number of players advance to the next round, the rest are eliminated.

Melee Doubles and PM Singles are both double-elim bracket format. You get to lose twice before you're eliminated.

Legendcc

Smash Rookie
We actually aren't accepting pure spectator registrations at this time. If the cap isn't reached by the time the registration deadline comes, then I'll open up spectator registration. But due to space constraints, we have to prioritize entrants first -- you must enter an event to gain access into the venue.
So what if I have already done that... -.-

Fixed it. Thanks

Last edited:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Due to space and resource limitations, online registration will be capped at 150 total unique entrants and will close down after this number is reached. The TO staff reserves the right to allow entry on a case-by-case basis after the cap is reached.

Also, the attendees page is now live so you can view current entrants so far. We are over halfway to the cap already, so please don't delay registering if you plan to attend the tournament. You're going, everyone's going, so just register!

http://register.umsmash.com/attendees.php

ShinsuYavi

D-Tier Melee Rookie
ALRIGHT I'm able to go, thanks to a certain someone's help!
Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Top Bottom