• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Jun 3, 2016 ] Smash the Heavens (Sugar Land, TX)

Aarrow

Smash Rookie
Infinity 1239 Eldridge Rd, Sugar Land, TX 77478
https://www.facebook.com/events/1574195836214208/

Game:
Smash bros. for Wii U

Venue Fee: 5$

Tournament Entry:
$5.00 for Singles
32 player cap

Payouts will be:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Ruleset:

3 Stocks
8 Minutes
Best 2 of 3,
Best 3 of 5 for losers,winners,grand finals
Double elimination
Items set "Off" and "None"
No Equipment
No Customs

Neutrals:

- BattleField/Miiverse (meaning if you strike one, you strike both)
- Smashville
- Town and City
- Lylat Cruise
- Final Destination

Counterpicks:

- DreamLand 64
- Umbra Clock Tower
- Duck Hunt
- Final Destination (any Omega)

In a given set, you cannot pick any stage you've previously won on unless agreed to by both players

Stage Striking Order:
1-2-pick for the first round. (RPS for first ban if need be)
2 bans for the winner of each round

============================================================================
****************************** NO OUTSIDE FOOD **********************************************************
There will be snacks and drinks available for purchase at the venue
============================================================================

Last edited:

DiegoAValdesG

Smash Rookie
Will it be streamed/recorded and should I bring a setup and if I do, do I get something? Thanks

Last edited:

BadTimeKevin

Smash Rookie
In the store for ten minuets and play and then lose already in the loser bracket sad me ~ aka it's Kevin aarrow

Aarrow

Smash Rookie
Hey Aarrow where the location of the place?
It's up there now, sorry. I meant to take this page down earlier but the one for this week is canceled do to conflicts with some other nearby events. We'll be on for the rest of June and hopefully July, though.

Aarrow

Smash Rookie
Will it be streamed/recorded and should I bring a setup and if I do, do I get something? Thanks
There's currently no stream, but we are looking into having one in the future. Setups are greatly appreciated (no TV's required), but we can't offer venue waives. Serious apologies for the late reply (I'm still learning how to work these threads >.>). And for clarification (I just changed it) the event is canceled the week of June 3rd due to conflicts with nearby stuff. Thanks!

2KRool

Smash Rookie
What is the page that has the voting on singles and doubles? I'm totally new to smashboards and would really like to do some singles.

LucarioKing

Smash Rookie
If you can't get on Facebook I'll add your vote myself, so don't worry about it. https://www.facebook.com/events/239274993120095/
I don't know why with votes for it, it will be so much better they can put double and single in one tournament, not the only one. ( i'm totally fine to play single or double, but my friend disagree with that, they want to play both of them at once). I'm not trying to be rude.....

Aarrow

Smash Rookie
I don't know why with votes for it, it will be so much better they can put double and single in one tournament, not the only one. ( i'm totally fine to play single or double, but my friend disagree with that, they want to play both of them at once). I'm not trying to be rude.....
Don't worry about it, I totally understand. The issue is that if we did both, a number of players might have to leave before they get to play whichever we have second (it would take an impressive increase of setups to run both simultaneously and efficiently). This is because (if our person/setup ratio remains the same) we would end quite late, and there's a large tournament early the next morning with the threat of some weather issues as it gets closer to noon. It's just for the convenience of the large percentage of us attending TGC 8 (including myself). I wish time wasn't a limitation, but this is the most reasonable conclusion I could come to. Thank you for your understanding, and apologies for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom