• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 28, 2014] Chibi's Smash 1 (Ellicott City, Maryland)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Welcome to the 1st Seagull Joe PM event! I'll be hosting at Chibi Cards and Games in Ellicott City, Maryland. This will be JUST Project M. The rules, cost, start times & other info can be found below. I'll offer free venue fee to the first five to bring complete setups :).

Event info:
11:00 am: Venue Opens for friendlies.
12:00 am: Sign ups for PM dubs
1:00 pm PM dubs begin
2:30 pm PM singles sign ups
4:00 pm: PM singles will begin
6:30 pm: Random PM singles signups
7:30 pm: Random PM singles (Depending on the time and number of entrants this event may need to be capped)
10:00 pm: Everyone will need to leave around this time.

Fees:
Venue fee: $5 (The first five FULL setups will get their venue fee waived completely).
Singles fee: $10
Doubles fee: $10 ($5 per person)
Random singles: $5

Facebook event page - https://www.facebook.com/events/661...reate&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming&source=49

Pay outs:
PM Singles:
1. 48%
2. 22%
3. 14%
4. 8%
5. 4%

Random singles:
1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10%

PM Doubles (Top 4 will be paid out if at least 12 teams enter otherwise it will be 60/30/10):
1. 55%
2. 30%
3. 10%
4. 5%

This schedule is subject to change based on attendance and setups. If many setups are brought then the event will run smoother. Bring setups!

Food is located on route 40 the road the next street over from Frederick road. This includes, but is not limited to McDonalds, Qdobas, Checkers, McDonalds, Einstein bagels, SubWay, Dominos, Jimmy John's, 7 Eleven, and Dunkin Donuts.

The venue also functions as a trading card store, so if you're into Magic, YGO, Vanguard, ect. then check out what they have to offer!

Hope to see you all there again, I'm very encouraged by the positive feedback these events get and the owners willingness to allow me to keep hosting them!

Single's PM Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

Counterpicks:
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Dracula's Castle
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Distant Planet
Skyworld

Stage List Doubles (FoD and Yi:Story are banned in doubles):
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland 64
Distant Planet
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks:
Dracula's Castle
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyworld

Official Rules:
Project M 3.02 Ruleset

* 4 stock, 8 minutes.

* Sets are best of 3. WF, GF, and LF are best of 5.

* Items set to “off” and “none.”

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.

* Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.

* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.

* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.

* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.

* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.

* Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.

* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.

* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO’s discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs’ Rising Pound and Mario’s Up-B Walljump)

* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn’t hold up the next match.

* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

* Giga Bowser is banned.

Stagelist Rules:

For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Random PM singles rules:
* Sets are best of 3 except for WF, GF, and LF, which are best of 5
* All stages on the first page are legal and set to random. Characters are set to random.
* There is 0 counterpicking for stage.
* Each player is allowed 1 mulligan per SET meaning within the first 5 seconds of a round they may quit out and restart that round if they do not like their character or stage.
* Normal gameplay rules apply outside of counterpicking.

If you need to reach me (Joe Raucher aka Seagull Joe) then feel free message me on facebook (Just add me and send me a PM), tag me in a post with a question, or text me/call me: 443-204-3967.

:018:

Last edited:
Top Bottom