• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 25, 2014] Melee - Santa Ana, Melee at the vaporium! smash... (Santa Ana, California)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppelganger

Smash Rookie
Hey fellow Smashers! Andrew here, and we at the Vaporium would like to invite you to a Super Smash Brother Melee tournament on Saturday, November 30th!
Information on the tournament is posted below:

_Venue and Entry Fee's_
. Venue fee will be $5 as you enter for singles and or doubles
. Singles is $5
. Doubles is $5 per team

_Needs - TV's/Wii's and Melee_
. We have 1 complete set up and are looking for 6 if your interested please message me and I will add your name to the list. Bringing a complete set up will exclude you from the venue fee, otherwise its [Tv - $2 off] and [Wii with melee $3 off]

-ALSO, we want to live stream but need help getting the recording device. message me if you can help out there and 2 possible commentators.

_RULE SET_
. Each match will be 4 stock with an 8 minute timer
. No items will be on
. Stages for Singles are... Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Drams, Final Destination, Dreamland, Battlefield counter picks will be Pokemon Stadium and possibly (mute city) (vote)
. Stages for Doubles are... Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Dreamland, Battlefield with 2 possible Counter picks (Jungle Japes and Poke-floats) (Vote)
. Double Elimination Bracket
. All Matches are a best of 3 (2 out of 3) except for finals and semi finals which are best of 5 (3 out of 5)
. In the event of a tie, the match will be decided by higher stock then percentage (Ex. time ran out)
. First match of a set is decided by stage strike unless both players agree on a stage.
. You CANNOT choose a stage you have won on as your counterpick
. Coaching IS allowed for Semifinals and Finals and only between matches.
. Failure to show up for match after 10 minutes will result in Disqualification.
. In the event of a Wii/Cube malfunction, the game will be restarted and the players will SD accordingly and the percent 0
. Double blind, Loser chooses next stage
. Pausing mid-Match may have you disqualified
. No subs for matches
. Winnings will be distributed 60%/30%/10%

jayben

Smash Rookie
So, the start date and end date state the 30th, but it is scheduled on friday, the 6th. Can you clarify if this is really going to be on the 6th of December and if so, does this apply to all the other posts?

neut

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if I would be able to keep up during the tourney, but if i brought project m with tv/wii would anyone be interested in playing some friendlies? at the tournament or otherwise. I'm really just looking to improve because none of my friends are as interested or as skilled as myself. Let me know if any of you guys are interested.

Your local Hipster

Smash Apprentice
@ neut neut If I make it Iwould love to play friendlys P:M with you!!!! thats the jazz man! plus this would be my first tournament to attend so im gonna really try to come hope I can make it!. Can someone tell me how much diffrent is P:M from melee cuz not to brag or anythihng but im the pretty boss at P:M. Best in my town and it the next 3 towns over so just trying to see how far I would make it in a tourny! thanks guys :D

neut

Smash Rookie
@ neut neut If I make it Iwould love to play friendlys P:M with you!!!! thats the jazz man! plus this would be my first tournament to attend so im gonna really try to come hope I can make it!. Can someone tell me how much diffrent is P:M from melee cuz not to brag or anythihng but im the pretty boss at P:M. Best in my town and it the next 3 towns over so just trying to see how far I would make it in a tourny! thanks guys :D
do live close to Santa Ana? I'd be down to play some friendlies anytime in or out of a tourney

Shigs

Smash Rookie
So, is this weekly, because it's in the weekly category, but I heard some stuff about Smashboards messing up dates

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
No idea who TOs these, but posting results and brackets after every tourny would help. I have mas o menos interest in these, but when I have no idea how past tournies have gone and what the usual turnout is, I end up opting for something else.

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
No idea who TOs these, but posting results and brackets after every tourny would help. I have mas o menos interest in these, but when I have no idea how past tournies have gone and what the usual turnout is, I end up opting for something else.
There was only one I think, and they posted results on the FB page.

pixiedust

Smash Rookie
Hey fellow Smashers! Andrew here, and we at the Vaporium would like to invite you to a Super Smash Brother Melee tournament on Saturday, November 30th!
Information on the tournament is posted below:

_Venue and Entry Fee's_
. Venue fee will be $5 as you enter for singles and or doubles
. Singles is $5
. Doubles is $5 per team

_Needs - TV's/Wii's and Melee_
. We have 1 complete set up and are looking for 6 if your interested please message me and I will add your name to the list. Bringing a complete set up will exclude you from the venue fee, otherwise its [Tv - $2 off] and [Wii with melee $3 off]

-ALSO, we want to live stream but need help getting the recording device. message me if you can help out there and 2 possible commentators.

_RULE SET_
. Each match will be 4 stock with an 8 minute timer
. No items will be on
. Stages for Singles are... Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Drams, Final Destination, Dreamland, Battlefield counter picks will be Pokemon Stadium and possibly (mute city) (vote)
. Stages for Doubles are... Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Dreamland, Battlefield with 2 possible Counter picks (Jungle Japes and Poke-floats) (Vote)
. Double Elimination Bracket
. All Matches are a best of 3 (2 out of 3) except for finals and semi finals which are best of 5 (3 out of 5)
. In the event of a tie, the match will be decided by higher stock then percentage (Ex. time ran out)
. First match of a set is decided by stage strike unless both players agree on a stage.
. You CANNOT choose a stage you have won on as your counterpick
. Coaching IS allowed for Semifinals and Finals and only between matches.
. Failure to show up for match after 10 minutes will result in Disqualification.
. In the event of a Wii/Cube malfunction, the game will be restarted and the players will SD accordingly and the percent 0
. Double blind, Loser chooses next stage
. Pausing mid-Match may have you disqualified
. No subs for matches
. Winnings will be distributed 60%/30%/10%
at what time does the tournament start? and can we register at the door or do we have to register before had

T2T

Smash Rookie
I on the date page this is listed like twice a week, every week. Can you please specify when exactly is the date of this event.

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
I on the date page this is listed like twice a week, every week. Can you please specify when exactly is the date of this event.
see
I think the Smashboards listing is just broken, the date keeps changing even though this already happened on March 22nd
I dunno, whoever posted this tourney on here psoted it as a weekly or some **** so the date keeps "updating"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom