• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 25, 2014] Late-night Brawl at the Hive Bang. (Tuscaloosa, AL)

ParadoxMHFU

Smash Rookie
Brawl Tourney at Hive Bang Gaming! Tuscaloosa is home to the newest E-sports pub in the state of Alabama. Full of University of Alabama students, this e-sports venue has a very competitive gaming crowd. We encourage players of every caliber to come out and try your hand against the local smash hands, some of which have been present in the tournament scene. Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday Hive Bang Gaming hosts a competitive Super Smash Bro's Brawl Tourney. Registration starts at 10pm, and tournament matches start at 10:30pm. Standard tourney rules apply as follow.

Brawl Singles
  • Sets are best of 3, Finals are best of 5
  • Items set to "Off" and "None
  • Pause set to "Off"
  • Metaknight is banned. In the case that metaknight is picked because of a random character selection, the match will be restarted on the same level until metaknight is not chosen.
  • 50 ledge grab limit for all characters limit.
  • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen)
  • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 (15 for MK) is used for all characters.
  • If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike, players will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
Stagelist: Stages are selected by 2-3-1 rule to select a neutral
Neutrals
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Castle Seige
PS1
Counterpicks
PS2
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
Brawl Tourney at Hive Bang Gaming! Tuscaloosa is home to the newest E-sports pub in the state of Alabama. Full of University of Alabama students, this e-sports venue has a very competitive gaming crowd. We encourage players of every caliber to come out and try your hand against the local smash hands, some of which have been present in the tournament scene. Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday Hive Bang Gaming hosts a competitive Super Smash Bro's Brawl Tourney. Registration starts at 10pm, and tournament matches start at 10:30pm. Standard tourney rules apply as follow.

Brawl Singles
  • Sets are best of 3, Finals are best of 5
  • Items set to "Off" and "None
  • Pause set to "Off"
  • Metaknight is banned. In the case that metaknight is picked because of a random character selection, the match will be restarted on the same level until metaknight is not chosen.
  • 50 ledge grab limit for all characters limit.
  • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen)
  • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 (15 for MK) is used for all characters.
  • If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike, players will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
Stagelist: Stages are selected by 2-3-1 rule to select a neutral
Neutrals
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Castle Seige
PS1
Counterpicks
PS2
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
It's great to find out there are other Smashers in AL! Some friends and I would love to come down sometime, but we're definitely more into Melee. Do you guys have a spot for Melee at your venue?

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Can we do some PM too? And maybe a little bit earlier than 10:30? I live in town but I'm still a kiddo in high school so weekdays and at night wouldn't be any good for me

Slep

Smash Rookie
Yeah I'd like to come down for a night of Smash as well, but I'm more of a Melee player. Is Melee a possibility?

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Yeah I'd like to come down for a night of Smash as well, but I'm more of a Melee player. Is Melee a possibility?
I've actually talked to the guy who owns the place and now I'm the coordinator or helper or whatever you wanna call it, but if you can get us a decent sized crowd we can do melee and PM or whatever you wanna do and we'll get it set up

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
This coming up weekend, on the 22nd, some friends and I are planning to come down to Tuscaloosa. We can bring two cubes and a Wii for PM. How many people can we get at the venue Saturday?

DamnedNightmare

Smash Rookie
I'm really sorry man, but this thread is actually kinda frozen. This event's been discontinued for a long time but the guy never took it down. We have PM Bi weekly's if you're interested in this. Sorry about the confusion
Do you know ofany other brawl tournaments? I appreciate you telling me about this! Don't wanna waste any money on gas haha.

Adiados

Smash Rookie
Hey, i'm actually an employee at this place and was going to remake a thread, is there anyway I can get a hold of a moderator to do that for me or are they strict on that kinda stuff.

Top Bottom