• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 21, 2014] The Chicago Clubhouse's Monthly Project M Tournament (Glenview, IL)

Chicago Clubhouse

Smash Rookie
Hello All,

My name is Pete, and I manage a venue in the northeastern suburbs of Chicago called The Chicago Clubhouse. Last Saturday, we ran our third video game tournament and first Smash tournament, a 25-man event for Melee, and it was quite the success. I got to meet a number of players in the community and discuss the best way to run future tournaments, so my goal is to have two monthly Smash tournaments, one for Melee and one for Project M.

A week from tomorrow, we will be running our first Project M Tournament. The tournament specs are:

- Saturday, June 21st at 5:00pm
- $10 Entry + $5 Venue Fee
- 60% to 1st Place, 30% to 2nd Place, 10% to 3rd Place
- Rounds are best 2-out-of-3.
- Finals rounds are best 3-out-of-5.
- Standard map choices/bans apply.

If anybody could bring their setups, it would be greatly appreciated and I'd be glad to hook you up with some snacks if you do!

I'll check back as frequently as I can to this thread to try to answer any questions.

Hope to see a good number of you next weekend!

(Also, please let me know if I posted this in the wrong place.)

Last edited:

Chicago Clubhouse

Smash Rookie
Bumping this real quick because when I made it, I accidentally forgot to tag it as a Midwest tournament.

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
Any comment on how pools (if applicable) will be done? Swiss again, or RR?

Also instead of snacks is it possible if I get a cheaper venue fee for bringing a setup?

Thanks for hosting another tournament, I'm looking forward to coming again :)

Chicago Clubhouse

Smash Rookie
Any comment on how pools (if applicable) will be done? Swiss again, or RR?

Also instead of snacks is it possible if I get a cheaper venue fee for bringing a setup?

Thanks for hosting another tournament, I'm looking forward to coming again :)

I don't mind making the venue fee a few bucks cheaper if you bring a setup, as long as it's confirmed with me first (this does count). I always appreciate the help with setups, I just can't waive the venue fee for everybody.

Ideally, I want to run Swiss again, but if the pool of players would rather see a different setup, I am very flexible. I simply want the tournament to be as successful as possible. :)

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
I prefer to do RR, simply because it gives slightly more accurate results and then we don't have to wait for every match to end before we can start the next round.

Top Bottom