• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 14, 2015] Smash Fight Club 7! ARCADIAN 1v1, semi Arcadian 2v2 (Houston, TX)

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to Smash Fight Club! This is SFC7!

The Sm4sh Sunday weekly for Houston, Texas!
This one has a twist, the TOP 10 are NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER

So, sorry to these players:

1: Trela
2: DJ FlipHop
3: GrimTurtle
4: Karna
5: Samboner
6: Gnes
7: Mbhone
8: Whispy
9: Lucy
10: Avoid

But you all have to sit out this Sunday.

In doubles, they are allowed, but cannot team with one another.

ALSO: if any out of city talent is looking at this, please message me on Facebook before coming. For example, if Denti wanted to crash this tournament he couldn't, lol. Since our top 10 wouldn't be here to stop him.

As always, full setups WILL be needed, and a venue fee waive is given for bringing it!

This event will be streamed by Team GreenSleeves! The venue has Wi-Fi so expect the usual with streaming!

The twitch account streaming the tournament is
http://www.twitch.tv/teamgreensleeves
Also, we will be looking to pick people for commentary! So in between matches, players can hop on the mics.

If you are gonna stay at home, feel free to tune in Sunday, June 14th!

VENUE:
Tournament Stars

A pool table venue that can double as a gaming venue with 9 projectors, tables, and everything we need.
We won't play off the projectors (obviously), but we are using an HDMI splitter for spectators to enjoy.

Store Hours: 2:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
Venue Capacity: 289
No outside food or drink allowed (besides water bottles)

Food and drinks are sold by the venue at a low rate. Also there is a gas station next to the venue, if you feel like walking over and getting something real quick while you don't have matches, it is fine. However, I suggest eating/drinking anything you get from there outside.

Schedule:

2:00 p.m. - Venue opens and Krebs begins setting up
3:00 p.m. - 1v1 and 2v2 Registration begins
3:45 p.m. - 2v2 Registration ends
4:00 p.m. - 2v2 Tournament begins
5:30 p.m. - 1v1 Tournament begins

Venue closes at 2 a.m., the events will NOT run that long of course, but we are free to stay for friendlies until then.

Event Fees

$5 Venue fee
(waived for bringing a Wii U+Sm4sh+GC Adapter with everything (minus Mewtwo) needed unlocked) Wii U must be updated to current format

$5 1v1
$5 per player 2v2

PAYOUT (100% payout of event fees)

1v1

1-31 entrants
1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%

32 entrants+
1st: 50%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%

5th: 5%
5th: 5%

2v2
6 teams or less:
Winner take all

7-10 teams
1st: 75%

11 teams +
1st: 60%
3rd: 15%

20 teams+
1st: 50%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

RULESET

1v1 & 2v2

(Same as previous SFC sm4sh events)
Neutrals:

- BattleField
- Smashville
- Town and City
- Lylat Cruise
- Final Destination

Counterpicks:

- Wuhu island
- Delfino plaza
- Skyloft
- Duck hunt
- Halberd
- Castle Siege
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Any omega stage (banning this also bans FD)

Stage Striking Order:
1-2-pick for starters and TWO bans for the winner after that for every game

3 stocks
8 minute time limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
Team attack ON in doubles
Equipment is banned
Custom moves are banned
Pausing results in a stock loss, unless it is for the opposing player's controller malfunction.

ADDITIONAL EVENT INFORMATION
As always with my events, I will have the stage pick order printed out and available at every setup.
I will include the Vanilla and Evo rulesets in my printouts.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me on Facebook
For more information regarding the Houston Smash 4 community, refer to these :4link:s.
Houston Smash 4 (856 members strong as of 6/10/2015)
Houston Smash Wii U SWF thread

SFC6's Champion was Gnes:4mario:
But no worries, he isn't able to enter this event.

Any and ALL feedback after this tournament will be taken into consideration and will serve to improve everyone's experience at future SFC events.

Last edited:

Flashblade

Smash Rookie
NNID
flashblade808
3DS FC
2895-8067-2774
in the bring set up section it says everything minus mewtwo is needed, what if i only main mewtwo and none of the consoles have mewtwo?

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
in the bring set up section it says everything minus mewtwo is needed, what if i only main mewtwo and none of the consoles have mewtwo?
Fortunately that has never been a problem. Myself and numerous friends of mine have mewtwo, and we will even have Lucas. There are at always at least 4 setups with Mewtwo, and I can run your matches on those setups exclusively.

Top Bottom