• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 12, 2014] Fight for the Frost 2 - Weekly at Epic Gaming (Ironton, Ohio)

Its_Alpaca

Smash Apprentice
Fight for a Frosty is a weekly that my group is starting at Epic Gaming in Ironton, Ohio where (until we grow a little bit) the winner gets a Frosty from the Wendy's across the street. We meet every Thursday to play and have decided to try to broaden our range of players, while also helping the venue get profit for the space that we've been using.

We currently have been averaging around 10 people without any real advertisement of the events happening outside of our Facebook group.

We want people showing up between 5 and 6 so everything can be good to go at 6.

This week we are going to try to do $5 entry if possible, with top 3 getting frostys and some pocket cash. The weeklies are being recorded and are going to try to be streamed.

We look forward to meeting new folk and making this a consistent event!

Epic Gaming: https://www.facebook.com/egIronton

KyOhWVa Smash: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KyOhWVa.Smash/

Its_Alpaca

Smash Apprentice
Was fun guys, trying to prepare for next week!

Melee -

1st: Ralph Cecil :foxmelee::marthmelee::sheikmelee:
2nd: Ruroku :marthmelee:
3rd: Smile :jigglypuffmelee::falcomelee:
4th: Justin-credible :sheikmelee::marthmelee:
5th: Tea :marthmelee::pichumelee: & 4FUN :jigglypuffmelee:
7th Overtone :jigglypuffmelee::sheikmelee: & Tatr :peachmelee:
9th: Alpaca :foxmelee::sheikmelee: , LazyMBones :luigimelee: & The Real Fatty :falcomelee:
13th: DJ Horsegun :luigimelee: & Milk:gawmelee:

Project Melee -

1st/2nd split: Ralph Cecil :fox: & Smile :squirtle::diddy:
3rd: Ruroku :roypm:
4th: 4FUN :yoshi2:
5th: The Real Fatty :wario::dk2: & Lazy M Bones :luigi2:
7th: Alpaca :fox::lucas: & Overtone :snake:
9th: Tea! :lucario: , Doom:falco: :diddy: & DJ Horsegun :kirby2:
13th: Milk :gw:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
omg did you guys record? Sucks I missed this iteration. Who are these new guys taking the top?!

Its_Alpaca

Smash Apprentice
It's recorded but commentary basically stops about half way through because of some reason, I'm not even sure. Like commentators stopped, not the sound clips were corrupt.

New guys are all from Greenup, and basically mopped the floor with us. I'm already talking to Overtone about just a day of practice so we aren't mediocre any more.

No johns, I played like ass.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Wait, Greenup is super close to Ironton, right? How come I never heard of these d00ds before? You guys should train with them!

Its_Alpaca

Smash Apprentice
If they could make it every week, I'd definitely be down to just pump out friendlies.

Also, I was really surprised by Greenup. I knew you guys played Brawl and dabbled in PM, but I wasn't prepared to get slapped around as bad as I did.

The_SMILE

Smash Apprentice
I'll try in come with other Greenup peeps whenever we can. Very possibly next week. Thanks for having it and snaz, it was a fun tourney. Are you going to be uploading the matches to youtube?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
You should probably record sets individually if possible. It would keep you from recording a bunch of friendlies and time when no one is even playing.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Hope recording goes better next time! I'm gonna try and bring Krox, Aaron, Wackid, and myself pretty soon. And maybe even the legend Shake himself. I have a few slight recommendations (though this will mean more work for you...I would be willing to help out where I can): I think you should maybe keep a single thread for FftF weeklies. That way you just need to update the date each week, in general. But mainly, people will get notifications from the thread when it gets bumped and won't miss out on new threads. I actually like separate threads, but I think keeping a single thread will improve exposure.

Secondly, you could also archive the results in the OP. That way people can get an idea of who's showing up, turnout, etc. (Also, don't forget to plug your twitch & youtube channel.)

Lastly, did you upload the brackets to the rankings system? I'm not exactly sure how widespread that feature is currently, but it might be a good idea to make use of it in the event that people want to keep track of their results, ranking, or whatever. Especially if more tournaments get integrated into the system.

Its_Alpaca

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking forward to next week, thinking it'll be a lot smoother. As far as the threads go, I'm a fan of the separate threads as well.

I have no clue how the ranking system works.

Top Bottom