• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

July 21st Lakewood Gamecrazy tournament! (WA)

Jem.

Smash Master
It's officially ON at Gamecrazy in Lakewood again. I still have not heard from EBGames DM, so we're moving the tourney. I've already go the OK from Gamecrazy so it's on. We're transforming the store to accomodate ALL SMASHERS!!! We may need a couple more old school tv's if anyone wants to volunteer them.

So get on the ball and make everyone come!!! Thanks Jem for being pro-active in making this happen.

Here's the real deal on the time.

Noon - 2:00PM will be Free Play & Registration
2:00 - ??? will be the tournament.
Free Play will continue on atleast 3 or 4 other stations while the tournament is going on.

Best of Three (All Bracket)
Double Elimination
Same typical rules you played in the Auburn Smashfest/Tourney

1 VS. 1
4 stock
8:00 minutes
No Items
All characters are available
Character switching is allowed
Players should bring their own controllers
No glitches, exploits or stall tactics (i.e., Ice Climber's freeze glitch, etc.)
Random stage. Included stages are:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium

3-10 players: 1st place - 50%

11-20 players: 1st place - 50% 2nd place - Entry Fee Returned

*Winner will also earn a TourneyPLAY/Gamecrazy Winner's Certificate and one will also be posted in the store for all to see your name as Champion. Cash prize is based on cash entries and TourneyPLAY credits are NOT included in the calculation.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Im totally in. My brother too.
Whats the admission price by the way?

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
How 'bout all the Gameclucks guys? Are they coming? This will definitely rock if we can get everyone to come. We should have enough stations for everyone to be playing all the time. So come with your challenge face on.

TrueJamo

Smash Apprentice
some of gameclucks will be there. myself (Jamo), Jem, and Emo$ for sure.

a handful of the others are in california for the big OC3 tournament there.

Jem.

Smash Master
Another smasher who stopped playing but was pretty good might come too. Mike (Zeru). He beat the famous Isai in a tournament when he was sangbagging if I'm not mistaken..

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Lol, woah, Mike is going? Hmm...definately can't let him have the money...LOL. Mike, come pick me up for the tourney...>_>>>

EDIT: Jem, can you give the address for this place? Is it in Tacoma? If so then yuck.

Jem.

Smash Master
Then why does the address say that? I didn't just randomely come up with the address...

EDIT: Ammon, this is the same place you, Shane, Gimpy, and Otto went to. Is it in Tacoma?

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
Then why does the address say that? I didn't just randomely come up with the address...

EDIT: Ammon, this is the same place you, Shane, Gimpy, and Otto went to. Is it in Tacoma?
Hey everyone... It's kind of wierd. It's considered Lakewood, but they have a Tacoma address. It is in fact the same place Shane won 1st place at the last TourneyPLAY event.

Here's directions from Seattle. I got these straight from the Game Crazy website.

1. Take I5 South
  2. Road widening between Federal Way and Tukwila (SB) (June 1, 2005 - July 13, 2007)
  3. Construction near Tacoma (SB) (May 4, 2007 - December 14, 2007)
  4. At exit 125, turn RIGHT onto Ramp
  5. Turn RIGHT (North) onto Bridgeport Way SW
  6. Bear RIGHT (North-East) onto Gravelly Lake Dr SW
  7. Turn RIGHT (South-East) onto Local road(s)
  8. Arrive at GameCrazy
9522 BRIDGEPORT WY SW
TACOMA, WA 98499-2802
(253) 581-5794​

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Weird how the address works lol - and just to let everyone know whos going there for the first time, look for Hollywood video (and its really hard to miss its standing alone with hardly anything around it), Gamecrazy is in there. The first time i went there on the 7th, i thought Gamecrazy was its own store/building and i passed the place like 4 times lol.

Jem.

Smash Master
I think this should have a good turnout. I keep seeing people saying they'll go, and since it's in the south, and Jamie and I have the farthest journey (45 mins North of Seattle. We live in Marysville) No distance johns are available.

No, Ammon, it has to be backthrow. It's a lot more.. Something.. When it's backthrow. So I charge you and watch you shieldgrab backthrow edgeguard then loling at Jem.

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
Results...

Thanks guys for coming to Lakewood to play SMASH. I know it was unscheduled so alot of player weren't there, but I have a blast every time I see you guys play. Today's players included:
  • Jeremy Damen (Jem)
  • Jamie Damen (TrueJamo)
  • Andy Singh (ThePrime)
  • Andrew Boettcher
  • Tren Cline (TBit)
  • Ammon Styles (Ka-Master)
  • Andrew Tran
  • Victor Tran

Here's the results:

TourneyPLAY will host tournaments every Fri, Sat, Sun in August so check the website for details!

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Ya god dang, the hit reply button has a lot of lag on it sometimes, and im impatient so i click that thing more lol >_<. Nothing beats your ultra-shinespiking-quad-post you did some time ago Victor haha.

Like i said today, i have a f**k load of footage of friendlies, im really too frigging lazy to sift through the stuff and upload them, i came back home and just wanted to post the finals because i said i would to TourneyPlay guy.

I think im just gonna get even more footage tommorow at Auburn, then do one massive upload on mon/tues.

And do you remember the name Trent said he uses on smashboards?

kLBkLBkLB

Smash Cadet
Record me if I show up, which I probably will. I still have trouble moonwalking and I can't seem to get it right (with Captain Falcon)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
No idea. Sounds like "Azen." Something like that.

I got 2 points because of that. >.<

LOL sweet. I need more matches recorded when i don't suck hard boner.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
ah halfzy yeah now i remember you saying that....ill still call you azen though.
Does your mario friend have a name on smashboards? Im gonna upload our doubles, and i dont want to type "Halfzy + Halfzy's friend" or "Halfzy + ThatMarioGuy".

ThePrime

Smash Lord
im start uploading stuff later tonight, finals were recorded today at the IronMan thing in auburn, so i have to sort that out first.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Wasn't it some crazy african-american
gangsturrr name?
His name tag while playing was Dirk though.

Top Bottom