• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[July 10th, 2015] Nukes Tourney #3 3DS *STREAMED*

PlatinumNukes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PlatinumNukes
3DS FC
1951-0487-9526
Since the stage list is small (Battlefield and Final Destination), the two players will have to agree on a stage.
ive never participated in an actual tournament before, so how does stage picking work? I kind of get it but it would be nice if someone could explain it.
Actually any stage is fine but make sure Omega (excepts Battlefield and Final Destination)

PlatinumNukes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PlatinumNukes
3DS FC
1951-0487-9526
ive never participated in an actual tournament before, so how does stage picking work? I kind of get it but it would be nice if someone could explain it.
Any stage Omega is fine (except Battlefield and Final Destination)

PlatinumNukes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PlatinumNukes
3DS FC
1951-0487-9526
Bracket will be posted a couple minutes before 1 in chat and here on smashboards

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
Sorry I'm here now

Last edited:

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
As requested by the TO (tournament organizer aka PlatinumNukes), the results of Nukes 3DS tourney #3 are in! Note that this is a double elimination on the explanation line.

(1st place)? TrueSapphire :4shulk: (First set | Bo5 | 3-0) & BeetleJoJo :4feroy: (Second set | Bo1? | 0-1)

(Explanation: This was a Bo5, and I won all three games. However, TO was exhausted after streaming for 4 hours, and wanted to end the stream. Technically, JoJo should have a second chance since he did not lose until our fight. After thinking and talking about it, JoJo and I did one more game by TO's request, and JoJo won that game. In the end, the TO decided my opponent and I were "tied" for first place. Yeah... I know; it's weird. :crazy:)

(2nd place)? Gamebox :4bowserjr: (Friend of Marchy_Fics)

(3rd place)? Gears :4feroy:

Challonge link for the full results. Note that BeetleJoJo is in 1st place, and I am in 2nd place because he "won" the second set.

For my feedback on this tournament so that it can improve, that will come later.

...I am such an editing freak. :urg: Correct me, if needed.

Last edited:

PlatinumNukes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PlatinumNukes
3DS FC
1951-0487-9526
As requested by the TO (tournament organizer aka PlatinumNukes), the results of Nukes 3DS tourney #3 are in! Note that this is a double elimination on the explanation line.

(1st place)? TrueSapphire :4shulk: (First set | Bo5 | 3-0) & BeetleJoJo :4feroy: (Second set | Bo1? | 0-1)

(Explanation: This was a Bo5, and I won all three games. However, TO was exhausted after streaming for 4 hours, and wanted to end the stream. Technically, JoJo should have a second chance since he did not lose until our fight. After thinking and talking about it, JoJo and I did one more game by TO's request, and JoJo won that game. In the end, the TO decided my opponent and I were "tied" for first place. Yeah... I know; it's weird. :crazy:)

(2nd place)? Gamebox :4bowserjr: (Friend of Marchy_Fics)

(3rd place)? Gears :4feroy:

Challonge link for the full results. Note that BeetleJoJo is in 1st place, and I am in 2nd place because he "won" the second set.

For my feedback on this tournament so that it can improve, that will come later.

...I am such an editing freak. :urg: Correct me, if needed.
ty <3

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
All right, here is my long, completed feedback in this tournament.

TO (Tournament Organizer): PlatinumNukes

Note: This will ignore camcorder quality and TO's outside interferences (such as no commentary).

[collapse=Before the Stream] Unfortunately, the overall preparation was still lackluster. The OP (original post aka first post) must be very accurate and updated to eliminate obvious/unnecessary questions.

Adding FCs problems. Like I said the other day, all Friend Codes should be officially added and confirmed before it begins. The TO was still adding them during the stream, but this part belongs in this section.
# of stocks were not mentioned.
The legality of custom moves and equipment were not mentioned nor very clear
(though this question was answered). Then again, I highly doubt about the usage of equipment in tourneys.
Stages were a bit unclear, at least what I read. It's like it excluded Omaga BF and FD.
Minor nitpick (or not needed), but the stage list was short, thus limiting variety. BF, FD, Omegas, Yoshi's Island, Prism Tower, Arena Ferox, and Dream Land 64 are legal on Anther's Ladder. If one person has Dream Land 64, the other players choose Random while the other person chooses Dream Land. That will access the DLC stage. However, it can be argued that some people do not have enough experiences on other stages.
I recommend people having Challonge accounts to register. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think players can input their results and move on without the TO to multitask, especially with many participants. The TO must have faith and trust to the players, however. It is also frustrated to tag the TO multiple times to report the results.
Consider having to cap the # of players. 30 players with double elimination took around 4 hours with delays, and it might have felt overwhelming despite being the third tournament. Perhaps 16 players to make it a nice, clean bracket, then raise the cap until you are VERY consistent with the tournament process.
This goes to everyone with a Smashboards account, especially the TO, but there were multiple posts in the same row in this thread. According to the Global Rules, it's considered spam. You have the edit function, and you can reply multiple posts in one post. I'm not a moderator, but to be absolutely safe (and good practice), you should comply to the rules. [/collapse]
[collapse=During the Stream]
A few people STILL did not show up, and some could not remain anymore. Listen, it is frustrating. If there is a growing doubt within your mind that you cannot make it all the way to the tournament (unless you're eliminated completely), you should not have join in the first place. However, something unexpected may happen that will interfere the player's participation. One user did a good job of reporting that the user could no longer continue anymore. Just make sure the TO (or anyone) is notified about this.
Lag has occurred, and it can be salty to those suffering in it, regardless of the outcome. One possible solution is a speed test. Both players submit their results, and the one with faster connection will advance. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but when you're about to fight, pause the Twitch video to reduce lag.
Player A (Ch.) vs Player B (Ch.) Layout. TO, this needs to be typed out fast before the match begins. It's odd to see you type during the match. To make it worse, it can confusing on which player is using what character.
Self-Destruct (SD) delays. TO, you were delaying the match by having us to force you out. Just use Sonic and run off the stage by the # of stocks. Then you can focus other things, if needed.
Don't digress. You're wasting more time, TO. Save what you have in the beginning or at the end of the tourney.
[/collapse]
tl;dr

1. Clear, accurate instructions/messages on both sides.
2. Quickly come up plans to reduce time and frustrations on both sides.
3. Alternate, but new methods to yield better plans, results, and experiences.

Overall, it was a decent experience with some :surprised: moments, but I did feel a bit tired and impatient. :urg:I want the future of these tourneys to be bright. As for the next tournament, I probably will not join because I am neglecting other non-Smash Bros things. :ohwell:

Last edited:

PlatinumNukes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PlatinumNukes
3DS FC
1951-0487-9526
All right, here is my long feedback in this tournament.

TO (Tournament Organizer): PlatinumNukes

Note 1: This will ignore camcorder quality and TO's outside interferences (such as no commentary).
Note 2: Feedback currently in progress. Once I rewatch the stream, I can complete my feedback.

[collapse=Before the Stream] Unfortunately, the overall preparation was still lackluster. The OP (original post aka first post) must be very accurate and updated to eliminate obvious/unnecessary questions.

Adding FCs problems. Like I said the other day, all Friend Codes should be officially added and confirmed before it begins. The TO was still adding them during the stream, but this part belongs in this section.
# of stocks were not mentioned.
The legality of custom moves and equipment were not mentioned nor very clear
(though this question was answered). Then again, I highly doubt about the usage of equipment in tourneys.
Stages were a bit unclear, at least what I read. It's like it excluded Omaga BF and FD.
Minor nitpick (or not needed), but the stage list was short, thus limiting variety. BF, FD, Omegas, Yoshi's Island, Prism Tower, Arena Ferox, and Dream Land 64 are legal on Anther's Ladder. If one person has Dream Land 64, the other players choose Random while the other person chooses Dream Land. That will access the DLC stage. However, it can be argued that some people do not have enough experiences on other stages.
I recommend people having Challonge accounts to register. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think players can input their results and move on without the TO to multitask, especially with many participants. The TO must have faith and trust to the players, however. It is also frustrated to tag the TO multiple times to report the results.
Consider having to cap the # of players. 30 players with double elimination took around 4 hours with delays, and it might have felt overwhelming despite being the third tournament. Perhaps 16 players to make it a nice, clean bracket, then raise the cap until you are VERY consistent with the tournament process.
This goes to everyone with a Smashboards account, especially the TO, but there were multiple posts in the same row in this thread. According to the Global Rules, it's considered spam. You have the edit function, and you can reply multiple posts in one post. I'm not a moderator, but to be absolutely safe, you should comply to the rules. [/collapse]
[collapse=During the Stream]
A few people STILL did not show up, and some could not remain anymore. Listen, it is frustrating. If there is a growing doubt within your mind that you cannot make it all the way to the tournament (unless you're eliminated completely), you should not have join in the first place.
Lag has occurred, and it can be salty to those suffering in it, regardless of the outcome. One possible solution is a speed test. Both players submit their results, and the one with faster connection will advance. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but when you're about to fight, pause the Twitch video to reduce lag.
Player A (Ch.) vs Player B (Ch.) Layout. TO, this needs to be typed out fast before the match begins. It's odd to see you type during the match. To make it worse, it can confusing on which player is using what character.
Self-Destruct (SD) delays. TO, you were delaying the match by having us to force you out. Just use Sonic and run off the stage by the # of stocks. Then you can focus other things, if needed.
Don't digress. You're wasting more time, TO. Save what you have in the beginning or at the end of the tourney.
[/collapse]
tl;dr

1. Clear, accurate instructions/messages on both sides.
2. Quickly come up plans to reduce time and frustrations on both sides.
3. Alternate, but new methods to yield better plans, results, and experiences.

Overall, it was a decent experience with some :surprised: moments, but I did feel a bit tired and impatient. :urg:I want the future of these tourneys to be bright. As for the next tournament, I probably will not join because I neglected other things. :ohwell:
wow true

HDiz93

Smash Rookie
NNID
HDizzle93
3DS FC
3823-8574-6807
Yeah I remember the first two tourneys had 3 stocks best of one, yesterday it was 2 stocks, which is way too short. Personally I don't feel every winners bracket match needs to be streamed, and that would allow for some longer matches between players and would be a fun tournament instead of the ridiculous two stock best of one.

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
Nah man sorry, theres no way twitch allows streamers to download their past broadcasts
Disappointing :(
I was actually hoping to watch some of TrueSapphire's bracket replays. Grand Finals were incredible to watch cause of that Shulk. Fun to watch and scary to play against!
This is ultra late, but thank you for hosting this!

Last edited:
Top Bottom