• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Jul 30, 2015] Thursday Night Smash Brothers WiiU Night (New London, CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Loc

Smash Cadet
Smash bros WiiU weekly event held on every Thursday

Venue fee $3, Entry fee $5
Pot split is 60/30/10% for 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Location is at Legacy Cards Comics Games and More
(It is in the back of a Antique shop. The back entrance is probably easier to locate.)

Preregistration opens at 5 pm
Tournament starts 5:30

Stages (Starters): Battlefield/Miiverse, Final Destination, Smashville, Town and City, Dreamland 64*
(Counters) Halberd, Delfino, Duck Hunt, Castle Siege, Lylat
*If Dreamland is not available on the WiiU, it is considered the first strike, but will not count as a ban.
2 Bans

No customs
DLC characters are Legal

Double Elimination (may move to Bracket Pools if more than 16 people show up)

Current format is Winners Bracket is 3 stock, 8 minutes with the Losers Bracket 2 stock, 6 minutes.*
All sets are 2/3 except winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals.
*Winners may also change to 2 stock if not enough setups are available.

(This is the first event in the South eastern CT area. There are 3 setups currently so we encourage people to bring more if they can whether it is just a tv or only a wiiU.)

Anesthetized12

Smash Rookie
We have to make sure we start promptly at 5:30 this time with no exceptions. We might make a registration deadline so no one shows up late as well. It was a great first tourney last week, despite the few kinks. Hopefully players will continue to show and we can increase the amount of setups!

~Matt

Da Loc

Smash Cadet
It's a possibility. But there are no setups (crt's or game cubes) at this venue and the place is pretty small the way it is currently.

Mva04

Smash Rookie
This is great. I live right in the area. I might not be able to make it this week. But is this going to be a weekly thing? Ill bring a set up if it is.

Anesthetized12

Smash Rookie
This is great. I live right in the area. I might not be able to make it this week. But is this going to be a weekly thing? Ill bring a set up if it is.
It has been a weekly thing for about a month now, but it has been a bit slow. The more players and setups we can get, the better. Smash Wii U doesn't seem too popular in CT, so it's hard to find players who show up consistently or at all. We generally have two setups, though there might only be one this week. A friend and I who are usually always there can't go this week, so I'm not sure what to expect.

The first tourney about a month ago was excellent. We had like 14-16 people across 3-4 setups and it was a pretty great success. It's been hard to maintain that level of excitement after the first though. If you or anyone else has any ideas on how to get more players in, we would surely appreciate the advice/help.

Mva04

Smash Rookie
Ya I get it. I have a friend who I know will come. And there is another spot in Wallingford CT that holds bi-weekly smash 4 and meele tournaments. I am going to post this ad in that forum and hopefully we can make some noise. Its held at Hall of Gaming in Wallingford every other wednesday. So hopefully those people will be interested in coming out too

Anesthetized12

Smash Rookie
What's the turnout like usually?
We normally have 5-6 people, though we have only been playing at this place for about a month. The first tourney had 14-16 players though, so I'm not sure why more people don't show up. There seem to be one or two new players each week, but then they don't show up again for the next week :/

We're currently trying to think of new ways to get more players and setups in. It's a great little place with very friendly people who are all interested in improving their competitive game and having fun. It's still a relatively new shop, so maybe more people will show up in time. I think it would be great if we can get at least 8 people per week.

I can't be there tonight, so I'm not sure of today's turnout. A friend and I should be there next week though, so here's hoping for 8+ people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom