• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
So guys ....
The Smash scene is starting to grow in Chilliwack here. I went one of those hobby/games places to go play Brawl with a friend
And so the owner noted to me (I go here a fair bit) that ...
He wanted to start organizing tournaments here in his store

I'm willing to help start this and all, but the store can't give out prizes (due to laws/gambling/****)
And they'll probs give store credit or something
Can anyone give me tips towards starting an organized tourney here?
*points at Jake*
I would think they would be ok to play with our provincial ruleset w/ stages and all
But since it's a bit less serious, they might allow stuff like Halberd/Delfino/other stuff + items
Idk

But can anyone help me out here?

ALSOOOO
Big D, how do you upload into HD? O_O

| Big D |

Smash Master
Looks like you got a crew going there. If things end up getting set up then you may want to advertise for attendance. That could just mean telling your friends, putting up posters, facebook event page, heck a sign in the store would probably gather a crowd.

Chilliwack vs the World crews les go.

For HD recordings you have to use the Dolphin emulator, if you want the actual process you can message me on skype.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
@ Jake
Skype is "Quan.C.Nguyen"
Facebook is : https://www.facebook.com/quan.nguyen.3367
Help me pl0x

@ Dawson
Yea sure I'll skype you or something. I have Dolphin, but I thought you had to have a HD texture pack or something?
Idk if my laptop has the specs to run/render that stuff either, but I'll talk to you there

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
My cousins live here. I'm going to my college roommate's house in China soon. It also happened to be the cheapest transfer stop in Vancouver.

Also, Blue Yoshi had asked for a math contest money match next time i came to B.C.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Alright cool, I take it you're here already.

I'll try and set something up. Would Monday work?

Blue Yoshi stopped coming to tourneys a while ago, and even if he did there isn't a tourney coming up.

Captain L

Smash Champion
It's okay I redeemed the goomba run

I actually cannot wait to get my sub 30 and then graduate to 70 star

At which point my new benchmark will be 60 minutes

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Getting caught up on Game of Thrones during the exam period is the worst idea ever :(

Asa

Smash Hero
also i miss y'all, hopefully i can stop by in the summer if i'm not able to move there in the fall

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Wifi me sometime Bryan <3

I finally got that tourney set up over here in Chilliwack. It's happening on the 30th of June ... hopefully nobody isn't leaving right away to their vacations
Hyped for this

EDIT: 400th post woohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
SKidd I swear to god I saw an exact clone of you today
Right down to the Japanese on his arm
But it didn't say かわいい

Top Bottom