• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Hm people being a douche and the venue possibly relocating? Might be a leasing issue...
Sounds like the most likely scenario, based on what I've heard.

So if Dawson brings his Wii, and Caiden and Kevin come, then we'll have 5 people with 2 setups, so we could have either 1 doubles rotation with 1 person switching out, or 1 3-man singles rotation on 1 TV with the other 2 playing on the other set-up. Sounds like a good set-up to me. =D I'll shoot for like, 1-ish or something, IDK. Transit might take some time.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Argh Big Brother Canada is the worst show ever. I am never watching it again.

Pretty much the guy I was rooting for since I started watching lost because his closest friend accidentally voted for the other person who did NOT deserve to win. Stupid ****ty show that won't have any viewers for their hypothetical next season >:[

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
btw smashboards won't let me edit my posts anymore. I was gonna say "I miss that guy" and changed my mind and wanted to say "I miss him" but accidentally said "I miss that him"

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Happy Birthday Trevor :)

I miss Blue Yoshi. He a huge reason why I am still here.

Also, it's going to bite me back in the ass but somebody play RO2 with me :(

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
What happened was the Canucks were destroyed and will soon experience the 0-4 loss I predicted a while ago. The coach will be fired.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I know I said earlier that I'd book a monthly for Sunday, but given the circumstances with Stronghold, it doesn't look like this is likely going to happen. Attendance would've been mediocre anyway, so at this point, I think it's best to just call it off. Even if we do confirm within the next few days, the short notice, combined with the fact that it's on a Sunday and on Mother's Day, means that we probably won't get a decent enough turnout for a tournament. We could always just do a smashfest instead, if people want to play that day.

Next chance I get, I'm going to see what we can get going for one of the first 2 weekends of June - I'm thinking of going to Impulse (3rd weekend of June), and it would be nice to get in one more tournament before that so I'm not entirely rusty.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Happy Birthday Eric!

My impression of Target.

-Nice variety of products
-Good "unique" products like bath and dining items
-Very respectable clothing section
-Target will probably force stores like London Drugs and maybe Shopper's to change their strategy of scamming seniors to something else
-They dedicate a good amount of space for Canucks merchandise. Unfortunately, Target failed to predict that their opening day would mark the end of the Canucks in this year's playoffs.
-Their heavily advertised slogan of "Expect More, Pay Less" will prove to be fairly inaccurate, I think.
-Target's prices are fairly good right now but it's only because they are celebrating the opening of their stores.

Pretty much, keep an eye out for Target flyers/promotions. Otherwise, there's no reason to go to Target unless it is closer than your nearest Wal-Mart or RCSS.

| Big D |

Smash Master
The Connection Games.

Looks like they hold events and is accessible by transit.

Just a suggestion tho.

Edit: Saw that one actually ^ It's near metrotown I think so that's good.

Metropolis Comics and Toys
4737 Kingsway (Across from Metrotown)
(604) 451-2437

Friday Night Magic (6pm) - Standard Constructed

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I won't lie I will be hesitant to go to The Connection Games. Too far for me. Do not forget we have the issue of storage.

What happened to Stronghold?

The Canucks lost... and we actually had the lead! Bye Alain! Bye Mike?

Here is the second venue: http://vancity604.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/connectiongames.jpg

Oh might I add that the first venue is where Street Fighter events are located (which included Melee)? Plus we can replace gross, poor quality pizza for yoghurt! The venue fee appears to be $10 though when mentioning that perhaps start at $5?

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
The comic store dudes would take us but we'd need to bring and take our own setups/tvs each time + they charge for keeping them open passed closing and no smashfests

but other than that

and yeah melee is at their next event (which everyone should go to!!!)

Jason!

Smash Lord
Miss Kalm works at Core Games in Lansdowne mall. I'll talk to the manager and see if it's possible to set up TV's for smashfests with the limited room they have.

Alsodawsonfraudhair

| Big D |

Smash Master
That would be sick if that's an option, that's by the skytrain so that would work well for those who transit.

you're just jealous of my flo

Top Bottom