• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SKidd

Smash Master
guys what if a girl joined our community and then dawson made her quit

we would have to ****ing kill him

| Big D |

Smash Master
SKidd, you scared off the new guy by going try hard on him >.> After all my hard work of getting him to stay. It was heart breaking really.

Anyways just to be clear because I know some people were lazy and didn't click the link, scrooging is banned under the Apex rule set. And it was like this last tourney too but the LGL is 35, not 40.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Also I feel it's worth pointing out that suicide moves do not make the game go to a one stock rematch. If the game declares someone the winner, they are the winner. If the game goes to sudden death, the person who initiated the move wins.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, Evan, regarding P:M doubles, I would be interested in running it, but I can't make any promises that I'll be able to. I tried to run P:M singles last time, but between me being lenient on people wanting to take breaks after matches, being in GFs that went to game 5 in the second set, and the venue closing right at 10pm, I wasn't able to finish the event, and I don't want to disappoint people who come for P:M again. I could make sure everything runs more quickly this time, but if you're thinking of running a P:M tournament shortly after anyway, I'd rather just run a Brawl-related side-event in the case that we have enough time afterward.

In other news, how would everybody feel about making singles $5 for everybody for monthlies?

OH YEAH one more thing, we'll put together a PR update after this tournament. =]

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, Evan, regarding P:M doubles, I would be interested in running it, but I can't make any promises that I'll be able to. I tried to run P:M singles last time, but between me being lenient on people wanting to take breaks after matches, being in GFs that went to game 5 in the second set, and the venue closing right at 10pm, I wasn't able to finish the event, and I don't want to disappoint people who come for P:M again. I could make sure everything runs more quickly this time, but if you're thinking of running a P:M tournament shortly after anyway, I'd rather just run a Brawl-related side-event in the case that we have enough time afterward.

In other news, how would everybody feel about making singles $5 for everybody for monthlies?

OH YEAH one more thing, we'll put together a PR update after this tournament. =]
Jake will get 1st this tournament, will put himself #1 on the PR, and will take goku as his image.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Pffft, I wouldn't do that. Screw Goku.

...Really though, a single tournament win wouldn't get me first anyway, unless Dawson got like, 3rd or 4th. SOMEBODY MAKE IT HAPPEN

Edit: Here's how it's gonna go down. Landon will beat Dawson with MK, while H beats me in WSFs. Then I'll beat Dawson in Loser's Semis, then lose to H again in LFs. Then in GFs, Landon will throw set 1 because he has MK fever from beating Dawson. Then H platform camps like a fiend to win set 2. H 1st, Landon 2nd, Me 3rd, Dawson 4th. PR collapses and the community disintegrates from the inside out due to the chaos. The End.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Thanks, but it wasn't even that as much as the fact that neither myself nor Dawson could play our P:M matches while we were playing out GFs. I made the bracket beforehand, got people to start playing their matches, and even ducked out of GFs between games to clarify questions about the bracket, but the bracket will not be able to advance very far when multiple players aren't able to play out even their first round matches.

Edit: I just noticed that this thread has more posts than the BC regional thread, which was started in 2005. You people are a bunch of spammers.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I have a positive record against H in friendlies and tournament which means he'll have many hurdles to get past especially if I bring back my old mains (that I have practised slightly with, especially *that* tech-based move).

I'd rather be unknown though. I want to be an HM on the PR if the theme is cool. I'm totes top 10 for sure though. Imagine if I actually played safe instead of blindly going in all the time.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
I'm totes top 10 for sure though. Imagine if I actually played safe instead of blindly going in all the time.
maybe you should give it a shot instead of playing theorybros
brawlpr:
1.sinister(causeheplaysmeleenow)
2.jake
3.landon
4.skidd
5.big d(until he actually plays and doesn't just grab)
6.idk
7.idk
8.idk
9.dothismanypeopleevenplayinbc
10.idontthinkso

Captain L

Smash Champion
Jake's diagnosis is mostly accurate, except I actually lose to H because he picks up a secret (lucario) secondary to deal with pika.

I think our PR should be dolan an gooby now that people have warmed up to it. The best part about that is the less effort you put into making it, the better it is.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Actually I don't care enough about being PR'd to enter the next tournament so theorybros it must be.

Top Bottom