• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Blarg... I didn't mean to turn my post into some debate. In the end, people bullied her and bullying is bad which is the point I wanted to make.

I don't really think FineBros videos are choreographed. None of the past ones appear to be, and to be fair, when you're going to be in a video watched by a ton of people, what can you really say besides the typical? The rest of the videos are lighthearted and definitely worth watching as entertainment.

Yes, I prefer FineBros over SmashBros on YouTube unless Peach is in it :peach:

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
She was 15 when she killed herself, she was 12 when this began

Sleeping with a boy that led her on, and gave the impression that he truly liked her should lead to minimal judgement on her, and should have most, if not all blame put on the boy... However this clearly did not happen.

I'm not trying to make it seem like the bullies are free from blame especially the scumbag of a guy who led her on. I feel that the girl was herself to a large degree disillusioned. A part of me wonders why she didn't call any authorities to help her cope with or deal with these issues. Surely a 12-15 year old has the mental faculties to look for a solution to her problems rather then just running away? Perhaps we'll never know. I think I'll just end this discussion on that note; whatever that note is. It's definitely an interesting case, which IMO deserves a bit more of an investigation.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
She was 15 when she killed herself, she was 12 when this began

Sleeping with a boy that led her on, and gave the impression that he truly liked her should lead to minimal judgement on her, and should have most, if not all blame put on the boy... However this clearly did not happen.
In the end, all your actions are your own as soon as you reach a certain age.

One's actions can only be attributed to oneself. Someone can ask you to do something, but not force you, save threat of death or similar things. Even then, you're not forced, you choose to, but it is reasonable that you choose to do so.

In the end, you are responsible for a great percent of the actions you do.

She was ultimately responsible for this. Doesn't excuse the treatment she recieved, but still.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am not sure what point that makes Arcansi. All you did was say something really obvious. My concern isn't about responsibility of action, but of judgements made against her.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I am not sure what point that makes Arcansi. All you did was say something really obvious. My concern isn't about responsibility of action, but of judgements made against her.
She killed herself, and she should be judged accordingly.

Her action is her own. That's what I'm saying. There are outside factors, but in the end, 50% + 1 will always be herself choosing.

That's the point here. I could go on with other things, but I'm sure none of you are willing to listen to suicide being attributed to natural selection. Not that you could prove me wrong. ;D

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Oh yes that action is her own. But making judgements on suicide is difficult. I am unsure if it is morally wrong, so I usually don't make those types of calls on suicide cases.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'm not showing up to the next tournament. Too much good has been said about the Wii U, and I had too much fun playing it, so I will save my $100 that I would spend going to Vancouver and use it on a Wii U instead.

Edit:

Let me know when the suicide discussion is over. Until then, I won't be coming to this thread.

Jason!

Smash Lord
Yeah this suicide talk..

Stahhp.

Also thanks for lending me your partner Rob. Team Aki Sora will be the heroes for BC.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Jason bb you can make it up to me by taking me on a long motorcycle trip down the coast I'll be in the back

Captain L

Smash Champion
so like

there'll be team this is why (aka adventure time with ben and jake)
and team aki sora
and team alberta villains

all thinking that they're gonna win

I'll be the commentator on the livestream

oh yeahhh speaking of which

now that dazrin put all of the stream software on the stronghold computer I'm gonna ask them if I can use it to stream since the quality should be significantly better. Let's break 20 viewers this time!

Jason!

Smash Lord
Dazee's streams are such good quality. Now if only we could get a player cam along with the commentator cam as well.

Captain L

Smash Champion
somebody buy me a webcam for Christmas

pffftthahahaha okay that teamname is pretty sick

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Oh yes that action is her own. But making judgements on suicide is difficult. I am unsure if it is morally wrong, so I usually don't make those types of calls on suicide cases.
Morals are subjective, I am not sure what call you could make.

Let me know when the suicide discussion is over. Until then, I won't be coming to this thread.
An actual discussion? HOW TERRIFYING!

:fluttershy:

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Sooooooooo

Appparently the announcer in SSBB and in the Bill Nye series are the same O_o
(Pat Cashman, ty didyouknowgaming.com)

._.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Another thought: instead of Hot Pot, we can mass order something and just bring it to the venue? Don't get me wrong though, I'm still down for Hot Pot.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Also I'm pretty sick right now .-. so I don't know if i'll be able to go or not. I'll let you know on Friday, Landon.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Another thought: instead of Hot Pot, we can mass order something and just bring it to the venue? Don't get me wrong though, I'm still down for Hot Pot.
idk... Would the venue be ok with that?

Either way I would vote for going somewhere after instead. Hanging out outside of the tournament setting is cool too. People who leave early just aren't dedicated enough!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
The venue won't mind since people bring food in all the time. I would prefer eating afterward, but I don't want to eat too late into the night.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
What else aside from sushi is way cheaper in Vancouver?

My eating skills >>>>>> Peach skills :)

Jason!

Smash Lord
phoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

pls.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Pho is across the street. You could get takeout?

Pro tip: don't pull a Sushi (that Diddy guy) and dine in alone... especially during bracket.

Top Bottom