• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Captain L

Smash Champion
I'm going in to withbrawl

I don't always have days off, but when I do I'd like to play smash :<

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Watching MTG is misleading because they never tell me who the best is and the people they talk about always lose. It makes it very difficult to know who to watch and why. They also basically expect me to know everything that's going on, and what every card is. It seems understandable but there's obviously people watching who don't know, so it'd be nice if they could at least briefly tell me what the major cards do, being that I only know the basics of the game.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Watching MTG is misleading because they never tell me who the best is and the people they talk about always lose. It makes it very difficult to know who to watch and why. They also basically expect me to know everything that's going on, and what every card is. It seems understandable but there's obviously people watching who don't know, so it'd be nice if they could at least briefly tell me what the major cards do, being that I only know the basics of the game.
While i understand both sides of this, having watched it before and after, here's why I think they don't do it.

If you know the format they're playing at all, you should know the cards. Also, you can look them up at any time (the second one isn't a good argument, but it's true).

Mainly though, it's probably because MANY cards are extremely important, and even trying to explain one single card (let's say, Delver of Secrets, an extremely important card in the current meta) would take FOREVER.

Like, 'okay Delver is a relatively cheap and small creature, but if you would draw an instant or sorcery, it becomes a 3/2 flyer, capable of taking whole games by itself.

Not only is this a GIANT mouthful to say when the game is actually going on, and will probably result in the commentators having to play catch-up with the game, which isn't something they want to do.

My main problem with MT:G streams is that I can never see what the cards on the table are.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Violin is the best hands down. I'd know since I can play that and piano (though not nearly as well).

Pianos are also useless in an orchestra.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Violin is the best hands down. I'd know since I can play that and piano (though not nearly as well).

Pianos are also useless in an orchestra.
thats why you don't put pianos in an orchestra

I think both of them are amazingly beautiful instruments when used properly and appropriately so I'm not even going to say that one of them is better than the other.

The emotions that both of them can stir... <3

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Imo, I've been playing piano for like a few years, and violin's the way to go c:

It's so sexiiiiii

Captain L

Smash Champion
oh lol that's good, I'd be so mad if I lost money to a fake player.

what did he post

Asa

Smash Hero
basil posted a bunch of very realistic dildos and a picture of "me gusta" with peach's hair in the samus social lol

KKOrange

Smash Cadet
i guess i was bryan D: i wouldnt've been able to hang or smash though, family vacay, tight schedule :(

edit: daz put me down for maybe for mith5, i might have a soccer tournament i think, but not sure!

Top Bottom