• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I better learn to shorten my reaction time since Peach can beat Diddy's side b.

Also Din's sucks it's pretty much not even a move let alone a side b. Zelda's entire metagame is based on the c stick so what can I do?

:phone:

aPrune

Smash Cadet
I play toonlink because i loved wind waker a lot :D I also love to play marth, and i also love to play pika and diddy, and MK. I dont know, I need to keep playing with all 5 of them and some others as well before I can make a decision.

I love them all :D

Also, yes I am somewhat good at dota2! why? :)

| Big D |

Smash Master
I'm sure we'll all do our best to make you feel welcome.

My only advice is don't be inclined to accept money matches or feel pressured. I'm sure most of us won't ask but...

I'd wait until after the tourney.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
I'm always so late to reply.

@Irisz I need to practice just like, having a casual conversation in-person using Japanese. I wanna take a trip to Japan within the next couple years so I wanna at least be able to talk to people there by then.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Honestly we are very character diverse.

And get at my Dedede dittos ok? I've learned my lesson with Circle Breaker who never came back...

Edit: BUT JASON WAS FOREVER!

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Happy Birthday Bryan!

At least Link >>>>> Zelda :)

People "like" their high tier character because they win with them. But who knows maybe most Marth players like effeminate men...

I honestly liked Link cuz I am a hardcore Zelda fan <33
Link's also a really technical char to play tho isn't he? He's one of those guys where you gotta work hard to make sure he can perform his best :3

I'm always so late to reply.

@Irisz I need to practice just like, having a casual conversation in-person using Japanese. I wanna take a trip to Japan within the next couple years so I wanna at least be able to talk to people there by then.
YEA ME TOOO. I'm planning to go to Japan in like...3-4 years with a few ppl.
なんねんせいですか?Idk if you can read Kanji as well, so all hiragana for you >.<

OH YEA BRYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN/SENSEI HAPPY BIRFDAY <3 Turns out Imma head to the island as well today~

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Well Adam you assumed right :)
You shouldn't make that assumption. -_-

Also, yes I am somewhat good at dota2! why? :)
The only reason I play is to get better as to be competitive. Playing with someone who isn't good is a waste of time, so I try to avoid doing it.

Lol none of those characters are bad choices if you wanna be competitive. Lucky you
Except toon link... Also, depends what your definition of competitive is.

| Big D |

Smash Master
It's a MU that can be overcome, there are plenty of successful Toon Links.

And we made a deal, you don't talk about that blue furry and I don't talk about the other...

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
What up aPrune!

Not sure if you're interested, but there will be a Project M side event this weekend at the Brawl tourney, if you end up making it.

I don't mean to pull you away from the lovely Brawl folk or anything.. but, well, click Vader for more info.

We've got some pretty solid interest so far.

-also happy birfday Bryan :colorful:

i told Basil to tell you, but i guess he forgot.

Asa

Smash Hero
I think of it as people just like good characters because they have good qualities. People play who they do play because they like their character, not because they solely want to use a good character.
tru

Side B-ing for all eternity isn't fun.

no but side-b + pivot grabs + usmash for eternity is :awesome:

Except toon link... Also, depends what your definition of competitive is.
\

toon link is a character that does well in the tournament environment so he's a good choice for people who hope to place high consistently

aPrune

Smash Cadet
oh I guarantee I wont be accepting any money matches hahaha, I've never played a game of smash (any smash) for money. I've never tried project M before, but I'd definitely be interested in trying it :D

As for the discussion about why we play, obviously you guys attend tournaments to try and win money, but i mean who would play smash if they didnt enjoy the game right?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I work from 7 am to 7 pm Saturday. Once I finish work, I'll hop in my teleporter and arrive on time or the crew battle that will happen.

Also, on the topic of favourite characters and tiers, in every smash game, my best character is a bottom tier (or negligible tier for melee, worse than bottom lol).

GET @ ME!!!!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
LMAO <(^o^)>

It is actually one of the more popular games at the Victoria smash club. I have a perfect file, but will eventually (possibly starting tonight) make another perfect file.

Anyways, time to play the piano for like 10 minutes, then head to the smash fest :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha Bryan left his router once at Home Video, and the owner of the store decided it would be a good idea to let another customer borrow it for a while. By the time the router got returned (without any of the cables), Bryan had already returned to Hawaii so I've been holding on to the router since then.

I returned his router on the day before Phoenix 7 but Bryan left it in my car, leaving me with this router still. I really want to be rid of the router >_>

Top Bottom