• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
I don't remember unfortunately what my rank in BW was since the last time I played was pre-SC2, but I was Diamond 3 last I played SC2. My favorite player for SC2 is MC and for BW it's Flash.

aPrune

Smash Cadet
great choices man! :D I wish i couldve gone to anaheim a couple weeks ago to meet flash, but I wouldnt've been well practiced haha, but I do have a keyboard signed by DRG, MVP, MMA, Boxer, and QXC from anaheim last year D: unfortunately no MKP or MC :( , my favorite player in BW is jaedong (im zerg) and for sc2 its either stephano or DRG. :3 Ive never acheived GM status, but I've been top masters, on North american and low master on korea :)

but my smash isnt the greatest haha, but i watched CoT6, the tristate tourney with all them east-coasters, and ive learned alot, especially from kingtoon :D

aPrune

Smash Cadet
Arcansi have you ever played dota or HoN? jw, most of the vancouver sc2 guys are into dota, as for me and a couple of my friends.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Arcansi have you ever played dota or HoN? jw, most of the vancouver sc2 guys are into dota, as for me and a couple of my friends.
I play DotA 2 semi-frequently. I'm not self-sufficent at a competitive level yet, but I know everything I would need to know, I just need actual competitive experience now.

The only real thing I would need to learn basics wise is how to correctly use items (know which ones to get and when).

Alphicans

Smash Hero
aPrune, how long have you been playing smash (like practicing to get good)? A legit player in a different game is really intriguing if they're really interested in brawl.

aPrune

Smash Cadet
add me on steam, me and my friend play lots of dota 2 ^_^ search for aPrune.

Alphicans, I've been playing brawl for around a week, and melee for around 2 months ^_^ most of it has been friendly but competitive, but I've looked at professional games on youtube, and ive watched streams and everything, I can perform most techniques in melee, (wavedashing, dash dance, pivot grabs, l canceling, shffls, etc) on a regular basis, and my reading is pretty good. Overall, I dont think im really that bad, and I do beat the majority of my friends in melee and brawl. But I do understand im probably nowhere near what "good" is.

I also spent a lot of time in training mode practicing techniques like shffls, l canceling, wavedashing, while practicing melee, but for brawl ive pretty much just jumped right into playing competitively with my friends. I also know most of the smash terms, but really, im still a noobie.

edit: overall melee experience: 2months, brawl experience: around 1 week haha.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
As asa just mentioned, he found a new player on AiB chat! Welcome me to the scene guys :D! me and a couple friends will probably come to some events this week or next week! :D I'm from the RTS community in BC, im inactive from SC2 atm, but i went to a lot of tourneys in BC, and played at MLG anaheim 2011 as well, so Im no noob to a competitive gaming community, but I am a noob to this one. Me and a couple friends will need a bit of help finding our way around and working on not getting ***** every tournament by you guys haha ^^ sounds like a great community and I'm excited to meeting you guys :D!

-m&u, (Adam Pruner)
Hey Adam welcome to BC Brawl! It's nice to see you play so many characters although Toon Link is one of those characters that drives me crazy! And don't worry about being new to this community, everybody has to start somewhere!

Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday. ;)

Caiden, the most I could do is take a guess at kanji and say konichiwa and sayonara :p

| Big D |

Smash Master
add me on steam, me and my friend play lots of dota 2 ^_^ search for aPrune.

Alphicans, I've been playing brawl for around a week, and melee for around 2 months ^_^ most of it has been friendly but competitive, but I've looked at professional games on youtube, and ive watched streams and everything, I can perform most techniques in melee, (wavedashing, dash dance, pivot grabs, l canceling, shffls, etc) on a regular basis, and my reading is pretty good. Overall, I dont think im really that bad, and I do beat the majority of my friends in melee and brawl. But I do understand im probably nowhere near what "good" is.

I also spent a lot of time in training mode practicing techniques like shffls, l canceling, wavedashing, while practicing melee, but for brawl ive pretty much just jumped right into playing competitively with my friends. I also know most of the smash terms, but really, im still a noobie.

edit: overall melee experience: 2months, brawl experience: around 1 week haha.
I know you're new and all but I'm still going to call you out on it.

Just come and have fun.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm I post in... the BC Brawl thread, the Peach Social, most Zelda threads, and the Korra thread. Can't believe I've made over 4,000 posts :(

aPrune

Smash Cadet
in melee marth is my main, in brawl, im tied up between diddy, toonlink, and marth :S not quite sure yet, havent played enough

aPrune

Smash Cadet
ive been messing around a bit with pikachu too, i dont know, ill decide soon! anyways, I gotta math provincial exam tomorrow, gotta hit the hay ^^ wish me luck! :D and look forward to meeting you all!

add me on skype: adam..pruner ^_^ night!

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
lick my balls killlock
all 10 of them

like a bag of peanuts

-oh and just thought i'd mention i won't be entering anything brawl this weekend, sorry Bryan :sadeyes:

Retiring my Wolf for awhile. I'll be there, though.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well Adam you assumed right :)

You should definitely use somebody you like instead of somebody that's "good" but if the character you like is good that's a bonus :p

:phone:

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Well Adam you assumed right :)

You should definitely use somebody you like instead of somebody that's "good" but if the character you like is good that's a bonus :p

^.^

People told me to drop Link cuz he's too low tier. Even though I suck with Link, I use him and have hella fun ;D

What's the point of playing a game if you don't like what you use right? If you only play to **** and win? O-o

Basil

Smash Apprentice
Some people have lots of fun when they win, so using a character that has better chances of winning is suitable for them. Over time they'll come to like the character.

| Big D |

Smash Master
I think of it as people just like good characters because they have good qualities. People play who they do play because they like their character, not because they solely want to use a good character.

There was a poll asking the question "Why do you play a high tier and the leading response by far is "because I like them".

People won't tell you to drop the character but if you are caught in between characters then the obvious choice would be the character you are more likely to find success with.

I like everyone though so itz k.

Edit: I'd like to say happy brithday to a certain Oli man who resides in Victoria atm.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Happy Birthday Bryan!

At least Link >>>>> Zelda :)

People "like" their high tier character because they win with them. But who knows maybe most Marth players like effeminate men...

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hey Kevin watch it! D:<

Diddy was my favourite before I got into brawl competitively, it's not like all characters who main a top tier do it for the top tier-ness. If K. Rool is utter trash in the next game he will still be my main. If he's not in the next game I will cry.

| Big D |

Smash Master
I played Snake when he was considered near bottom tier on GameFAQs.

It seems to be a pattern. I enjoy using the characters I use.

I enjoy Lucario even though I don't always win with him.

I don't like using Olimar as I find him boring to play as.

And I'm sure someone else will feel totally the opposite.

People win with those characters because that's the character they put the most time into.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Of course what I said doesn't hold true for everybody. I'm just skeptical sometimes.

I put more time into Zelda than Peach but the latter is better... sigh!

Side B-ing for all eternity isn't fun.

Top Bottom