• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Captain L

Smash Champion
buffer a pivot grab

dash away
crouch
dash away
z
dash towards (or cstick towards)

all in 10 frames.
It's actually 5 inputs, my mistake.
And after each dash I think you have to let the control stick return to neutral.

SKidd

Smash Master
Snake is my secondary character, and D3 is one of Mario's worst matchups... :(

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
Blue Yoshi hijacking Trevor's account again!!! (though I could just log off instead...)

Does anyone know if Clouderz is showing up to this tournament? Has anyone heard anything from him about his attendance? Actually, better question... has anyone heard anything from him at all since the last tournament?

I miss my favourite melee smash punching bag :(

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I left him a VM a while back with a link to this thread since he hadn't posted in a while, but at this point, he hasn't logged in since about 3 weeks ago... =/

On another note, I want to put out a suggestion I got a few days ago to get an idea of what people think of it. There are quite a few people that try to come in from the island on a regular basis to come to our tournaments, but the travel to get here is expensive, and it makes a big dent in people's wallets; the same thing applies to other people who drive in from further away. It's been suggested that we make an addition to the venue fee (probably $5) to be split among people that come in from far away to cover costs for transit/gas money. Since this would make everybody have to pay more money, I would suggest that a reduction of the Doubles entry from $10 to $5 accompanies this, so that $25 still covers costs for both events. This would, of course, cut the doubles payout in half, but we would also get increased attendance, which would make the Doubles pot a bit larger than half, while boosting the Singles pot to be even higher than it would without this. It's good for the venue itself too.

I really want to get lots of feedback from the community about this one. We wouldn't have to do it for this tournament; we wouldn't even have to have it at every tournament (perhaps one event every PR period?) I do want to know what people think about this; any and all feedback is appreciated.

One last thing; how would people feel about a mid-late January date for Phoenix 5? I haven't made any plans at all yet, but I'm playing with dates in my mind, and it sounds like a good time to do it for me. I don't want to start putting too much thought into it if there are a lot of problems with that timeframe. Objections?

Captain L

Smash Champion
If it'll get more attendance, I guess we can lower the doubles entry fee and up the entrance fee.

With phoenix 5 in january would there be another monthly in december?

SKidd

Smash Master
Just make sure all the ******s who come late pay their venue fee >__>

You can expect me bright n' early, though :)

Asa

Smash Hero
yes i can house you guys

happy birthday skidd, i guess. just bring your wii

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
sorry, i cant go. I couldnt get it off work its too busy at my work atm to get any requested dates off =[

Captain L

Smash Champion
I guess I'll be the sole pikachu TOURNAMENT REPRESENTITIVE then. No goggles counterpicking :urg:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Nah, there will be at least 3 pikachu players at this tournament. You won't be alone. (but you may be the only one using Pika in tournaments, as me and Brian use other characters in tournaments over Pikachu)

G.I._JOE

Smash Journeyman
im thinking about coming to this. i main mk btw. i wanna get better at brawl and learn how to be a really technical mk. i already integrated some melee techniques into brawl like upb out of shield.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
im thinking about coming to this. i main mk btw. i wanna get better at brawl and learn how to be a really technical mk. i already integrated some melee techniques into brawl like upb out of shield.
If you're serious, great! If not, also great, because I got a good laugh from this. =]

Happy late birthday, SKidd. =3 And yeah, if you have a Wii, bring it. Chances are, we'll have more TVs than Wiis.

:005:

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
you don't count as a pikachu if you dont have it under your name.

And I work at 6pm so i might show up for a bit =D

Crisis

Smash Ace
The attendance number is going down :(.
So who wants a ride there, if you live nearby or on the way. You can also help me find my way there. :)

Asa

Smash Hero
Firefly
Captain L
Bundtcake
DolphinBrick
Blue Yoshi
Asa
Blunted_object
MarcBuckley
Kodokan
Skidd
Crisis
Dan-O
Foo
Cheeszeman
Breez
Karupin
G.I.Joe
Lib3rate
Super One Year Older Skidd
Starwaffle (if only just for doublesssss :D)

20 looks to be the total count atm

Top 3 singles Top 1 in doubles calling it nowwwww i'll make you proud bundtcake-sensei

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah, he disappeared shortly after Phoenix 4. I don't think he likes losing... >.<

Where are you driving from again, Crisis? I'll personally be fine just taking transit, but if people know where you're driving from, you might get a few people wanting a ride. =P

Asa

Smash Hero
crisis lives on main and 62nd, much closer to me than you

if my crew consists of 4 people, i'll get a ride with him, if not we'll just take transit

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I'm gonna have to deconfirm. Getting bad omens about going to a tournament the day before I start my new job and after Hustle 3 I'm just feeling Melee so much stronger. I watched an 'intense' 50$ brawl mm and I just couldn't feel it. Sorry guys.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
I'm gonna have to deconfirm. Getting bad omens about going to a tournament the day before I start my new job and after Hustle 3 I'm just feeling Melee so much stronger. I watched an 'intense' 50$ brawl mm and I just couldn't feel it. Sorry guys.
Fair enough, dude! That's not that surprising considering how much effort/time/money it takes for you to come to our tourneys, hope to see you again at one of the bigger Phoenix tourneys sometime though!

3 singles Top 1 in doubles calling it nowwwww i'll make you proud bundtcake-sensei
do iiiiiiiiitttt, although you can only be top 2 in doubles while robo geisha is around, sorry ;D

SKidd

Smash Master
happy birthday skidd, i guess. just bring your wii
Happy late birthday, SKidd. =3 And yeah, if you have a Wii, bring it. Chances are, we'll have more TVs than Wiis.
Thank you both.

I will bring my Wii, and will be there first thing.

i was there first at phoenix 4
this arcade machine played for free if you hit it

Also, MM anyone? :)

HNG

Smash Journeyman
May come to this. I need a partner if anyone interested..maybe. I might just watch doubles if I go.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Are you going to stay for Singles though? :x

Also, I'll take MMs against my DK from anybody who wants it. Bo3, whatever price (probably won't go much higher than $5 though). It'll probably have to wait until after singles ends.

Asa

Smash Hero
I`m also available for money matches if anyone wants to

may bring baked goodies

Top Bottom