• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Landon. I'm gonna be on the mainland for a few days in the beginning of July so I wanna go see penguins at the aquarium '-' And you have to come.

If anyone else wants to do anything when I'm gonna be around lemme know.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thanks! Might I also add that I've never been so energetic before. I didn't even sleep until 2am because of it and I woke up at 7:30 feeling the same :o

Arcansi

Smash Champion
comments like this are what makes me actually want to ignore everyone and make a ruleset full of things that benefit me (no LGL, unity - brinstar stages, character lock, MK legal). Good thing it's just arcansi.
I'm sorry that I don't get to be in the know. I'm not being unreasonable, as I acted off what I saw.

I hope you realize the ruleset was discussed at great length. The general consensus was not to invent a new ruleset, and just to use a pre-existing one. The other general consensus was that we could try another MK legal event. Apex was brought up and a lot of people were fine with trying either that or Japan. I have no idea why you have no idea why Apex is being used, between it and Japan there was nearly equal support, I decided to go with apex so that the change was less drastic, and people had issues with not being able to ban neutrals.
I'll assume I was left out of this because you guys feel this will have no influence on me.

Although your wrong, the influence it will have won't likely be high, but that's not because it won't influence the ruleset, because it probably will.

I had no idea because you left me out of the discussion, as far as I can tell. When there was discussion in this thread it just seemed like everybody saying 'I want this', which is hardly something an informed decision can be made from.

And for the record, this is NOT permanent. We haven't tried it yet so nobody can develop an informed opinion until they've tried it at a tournament.

Also for the record, "noone" isn't a word
Ok & Ok(I know this, I just type and miss things on the internet, no one being a common thing for whatever reason).

Also, why you gotta quote Frio being mean to me as your sig now?

I would have hoped you guys might've realized after I told you I had aspergers that it's going to look like I'm being mean, a lot.

That's because this is the internet. I can't see your reaction and explain it to you, and I don't know the full of it myself. What I do know is that everything I say is being said in the best interests of as many people as possible, as far as I know. I would appreciate it if you could take it that way, but I don't know if you can, and I can't change that.

EDIT: The fact that sinister is so high on the leaderboard of BC makes me sad. I don't know how to make this not sound offensive, but no offense all the same.

However, the community isn't that big....I guess I just didn't expect to be able to actually compete with people who are able to play all the time. I shouldn't be able too, really.

Frio

Smash Champion
I wasn't trying to be mean with what I said there Arcansi. I was explaining how you calling someone ******** is considered mean.

Asa

Smash Hero
lol sin is on the PR cuz we don't have many good ppl (only top 4 are the strong ones)

i'm sure you could be on there too :)

also play wifi more =D i haven't seen you on in forever!

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Arcansi I hope you know we're doing another MM when we've got the chance, ours was terrible. I'm a respectable guy and try not to bring you down for winning or anything, but you didn't see me play well at all. I was off that entire tourney, and on the verge of taking a long break from brawl. I was pretty disappointed, actually. I think Pit is a really cool character and we had the potential to have a fun match-up, you (Pit) can do cool things and I (wolf) can do cool stuff, but none of those things happened. At the very least win or lose I wanted a fun match, which I didn't get. That being said I plan to climb the ranks and hit Top 5 by the next update (which will probably be a long *** time..). I honestly don't think i'm that terrible.. but I do have very, very bad days.

Anyways, if I'm really that bad and fail to get any better I'll just play Project M, or Melee, or whatever. At least I can be bad and still have fun with those.

Frio

Smash Champion
Oh my bad you called him dumb. Sorry I can't remember a word from ages ago. And you flat out said "you're dumb". You were along the lines of "Hey, let me discuss this with you, but let me get this personal insult out of the way first." If you're going to insult somebody you have to own up to it. Don't just ignore it or make excuses, trust me that gets you no where. Just apologize to the person if you don't want to be called out on being an ***. Don't fall into the **** hole pit of Alberta beef.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
@asa Just saw that and damnnnnn, he gave 0 ****s that whole match

pretty hype

Arcansi

Smash Champion
lol sin is on the PR cuz we don't have many good ppl (only top 4 are the strong ones)

i'm sure you could be on there too :)

also play wifi more =D i haven't seen you on in forever!
Wifi will be doable, just when I'm done both getting a League team and getting set up to PvP in D3.

Until then, not likely I'll do much wifi.

Arcansi I hope you know we're doing another MM when we've got the chance, ours was terrible. I'm a respectable guy and try not to bring you down for winning or anything, but you didn't see me play well at all. I was off that entire tourney, and on the verge of taking a long break from brawl. I was pretty disappointed, actually. I think Pit is a really cool character and we had the potential to have a fun match-up, you (Pit) can do cool things and I (wolf) can do cool stuff, but none of those things happened. At the very least win or lose I wanted a fun match, which I didn't get. That being said I plan to climb the ranks and hit Top 5 by the next update (which will probably be a long *** time..). I honestly don't think i'm that terrible.. but I do have very, very bad days.
1. Ok, sure.

2. I don't understand what you mean by cool things. Pit has some nice gimmicks, but they aren't usually usable (You'll never see them come up in a MU discussion.) Idk what wolf has. I'm sorry that my Pit play didn't end up fun for you.

Oh my bad you called him dumb. Sorry I can't remember a word from ages ago. And you flat out said "you're dumb". You were along the lines of "Hey, let me discuss this with you, but let me get this personal insult out of the way first." If you're going to insult somebody you have to own up to it. Don't just ignore it or make excuses, trust me that gets you no where. Just apologize to the person if you don't want to be called out on being an ***. Don't fall into the **** hole pit of Alberta beef.
You don't understand.

I called him dumb because he was being dumb. That's not an insult, (or at least, it isn't to me, and I will never define it as such.) when I try and tell him how//how to fix it. From how I saw it, it was like, 'dude your (being) dumb, stop doing X and do Y. As long as the first part relates directly to the second, I don't see it as an insult, just a preface of thought to the content of the post. I would do the same thing with almost any other adjective.

I own up to everything I do. I just do things differently then most people.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I just mean the match-up itself is a fun match-up, we both have cool stuff on each other. Fun gimps, follow ups, ect ect. Lots of air time.

Pit's pretty cool in general though.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I just mean the match-up itself is a fun match-up, we both have cool stuff on each other. Fun gimps, follow ups, ect ect. Lots of air time.

Pit's pretty cool in general though.
Then I don't get why you didn't have fun.

I don't go in the air very often, admittedly. It's one of the reasons I don't like wifi, but I digress.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Just your playstyle, I guess.

also Zelda is super fun in PM kev

totally reminds me of Parasoul from SG

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow... I failed my Accounting 2 course with 61% (I needed 65%) which means I did extremely poorly on the final exam. I am in tears right now :( My average is 78% because of this...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah now I have to pay $600 to take it over again... I hear part-time courses are easier though. But yeah I'm bawling my eyes out right now... I have never failed anything before.

I had about 75% before the final exam.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
You can always go ask the teacher to see your exam, or ask the teacher where you went wrong. Often, the person marking the final is not the teacher, so if your teacher says something is fine, but the marker thinks differently, your grade will be affected. The teacher should be able to fix this for you (but go sooner than later).

Assuming the final exam is worth 40% of the final grade, you had to have gotten 40% on the final to go from 75% to 61%. Knowing some accounting myself, everything repeats all the time, so if you forgot how do to something, you lose those marks on every question, since it is on every question (either that, or like in my first example, the teacher and marker have different opinions, and it causes you to lose marks on every question).

My sister has had that problem before, where she was doing very well, and then all of a sudden, she gets her final mark, and somehow the final made her fail. We told her go talk to the teacher, and after she did, she came back with a pass. I forget if it was because the marker marked something wrong when the teacher thought it was right, or she talked her way into getting a pass (she did very well all class), but she ended up with a pass by talking to the teacher.

Anyways, hope everything works out for you...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thanks guys :)

The exam was very difficult... like I know I did badly but 40%-ish? Kill me now >_>

Given the limited time to study, I just reviewed all of the homework and briefly read through the chapters. The exam had questions I had never seen before with some really curve ball stuff and I didn't know what to do with them.

While I realize it's 100% my fault I failed, I still think I had a very poor teacher which made things terrible for me. She spent literally 15-20mins (out of 50mins) talking about articles of interest on the newspaper. She often goes on tangents leaving little useful information in our heads. We did not have any lecture/review during the last two weeks of classes either.

Regardless, my teacher is on "vacation" until September.

I should have read this: http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=157808&page=1 :p

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Sorry to hear that Kev... :/ Like the others said, have you tried talking to your teacher/ whoever marked your thing?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
yet you still post

But yeah I'm balling my eyes out right now... I have never failed anything before.

I had about 75% before the final exam.
Keep your chin up kev, things will work out one way or another :reverse:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
not disheartening but if you feel you shouldn't post about something like this, why post saying you shouldn't post?

redundant

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I speak to say I find it disheartening that I know I shouldn't speak.

Kinda like, 'hey guys this thread kinda hates it when I post and I don't like it', but in a form I guessed you guys would appreciate more.

Was I wrong?

Top Bottom