• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 12, 2014] Who's Tyler? 9! Brawl lives to die another day... (Lindale, Texas)

TM_icecream

Smash Ace

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Who's Tyler? 9 is in DA HOUSE!!!! We aimlessly continue playing brawl with Smash 4 just over the horizon. Just how long can this game survive??? Only time will tell. Tyler continues to be the most active Brawl scene, MAYBE even in America! What can I say, we Brawl players are pretty patient.

Events:
Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
Brawl Side Event

Project: M Singles
Project: M Doubles

Melee Singles

Pokemon X/Y

Prices:
Venue Fee: $8($3 taken up for the Who's Tyler? X Fund, more details to come.)

Singles Events: $5 per tournament
Doubles Events: $10 per team per tournament($5 per player)

Pokemon X/Y: $3
Brawl side event: $2

Payouts:
Brawl Singles/Doubles
1st==60%
2nd==30%
3rd==10%

P:M Singles/Doubles
1st==60%
2nd==30%
3rd==10%

Melee Singles
1st==60%
2nd==30%
3rd==10%

Pokemon X/Y
1st==75%
2nd==25%

Brawl Side event:
1sr==75%
2nd==25%

Schedule:
Registration starts: 11 AM
Registration for doubles closes: 1:30 PM
Doubles Starts: no later than 2:00 PM
Registration for Singles closes: 4:00 PM
Singles starts: No later than 4:30 PM

Registration for Pokemon X/Y Closes: 4:30 PM
Pokemon X/Y Starts: No later than 5:00 PM

Registration for Melee closes: 2:00
Melee singles starts: no later than 2:30

Leave Venue: 11 PM, hopefully no later, but if we must stay to finish a bracket, we have that freedom.

I want to follow this schedule AS CLOSELY AS POSSIBLE!!! If you want to enter an event, pay attention to when the registration closes and be sure to be here BEFORE that time! If you absolutely cannot and are late, let me know AS CLOSE TO the close of registration as possible, if not before it closes.

200 East Hubbard, Lindale, Texas 75771

Parking isn't abundant but neither are entrants ( :( ) so no worries. When you come in the front door into the foyer, we're in the Community Room on the left. You'll probably hear us being smashy!
Nearby food options are:
Lindale NY Deli, very close to the venue, walking distance, kind of expensive.

Dairy Queen, leave the library parking lot on a right turn, turn left onto 69, it'll be on your left. Technically walking distance, but the drive is easier.

Whataburger, follow DQ directions but drive further, and whataburger is on your right, in the wal-mart parking lot

Rules:
All Matches are best 2/3 except for Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals, which are 3/5

All items set to OFF and NONE

Matches are 3 stocks with an 8 minute timer set

MK is LEGAL!

Double MK is LEGAL!

No Infinite Dimensional Cape Glitch

All Infinite chain grabs must stop before 300%

Scrooging is legal, but you must land on the main stage before going from ledge height to ledge height on the other side

Port priority should be decided, in case of argument, by Rock Paper Scissors or Game And Watch Judgement. Whoever gets the higher number gets to pick port first.

In doubles, port must be 1221, or 1212, picking follows the above rule.

No coaching is legal while a match is being played, but in between matches you may coach. If your coaching is taking more than 5 minutes I'll tell you to stop coaching and just start the match.

There is a 40 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters

Daves Stupid Rule is NOT in effect; You may go to the same stage twice in one set.

Stage List:

Starter Stages:
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield

Counterpicks:
Yoshi's Island(Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Halberd

High port bans 1 starter, then low port bans 1 starter. The remaining stage is played on for game 1.
The winner of the game bans one stage from either list, and the loser picks any remaining stage, this process this repeated until the end of the set.

4 stocks
8 minute time limit
Items set to OFF and NONE
Buffer OFF

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only)
Yoshi's Story (Singles Only)

Counter Picks:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Warioware
Greenhill Zone
Skyloft
Skyworld
Metal Cavern
Dracula's Castle
Rumble Falls
Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only)
Distant Planet (Doubles Only)

Addendum for Doubles
Team Attack ON
Life stealing is allowed (note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B rather than Melee's Start)
In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

Character/Stage Selection Process
Blind Picks character selection.
Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. 1-2-1 (Melee) / 1-2-2-1 (Project: M)
The first match is played.
Winning player of the preceding match bans one stage (Melee) / three stages (Project: M)
The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
The winning player of preceding match picks character.
The losing player picks character.
The next match is played.
Repeat for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect for the entirety of the set

Pokemon ruleset

Doubles format

Players have a team if 6 and select 4 for battle.

2 uber tier pokemon may be used in battle by both player. (You may have more legendaries in your party, but only 2 for the battle. The others act as subs )

Best of 3.

Item clause
Sleep clause
Species clause

Banned Pokémon/items:
Arceus

Your team is able to be moved and exchanged between matches but not games. (Ex. You have a mewtwo in your PC that you want to use, but your team is already at 6 you may switch that mewtwo with another in party after your best of 3 match)

Double elim bracket.

Grand finals and finals will be best of 3 with a team of 6. Uber rule still applies.

Melee: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/

Other:
If you need housing, ask here or in the facebook group! there are a couple of people who could house, should you really need it! just ask!

If you have questions, are running late, or any other reason need to contact me, you can text or call me at (903) 497-8122, or shoot me a message on facebook, or simply ask below! Thanks, see you all on the 12th!

Last edited:

skwaag5233

Smash Cadet
Is this a monthly? I can't come to this (gonna be out of the country LOL) but I'd love to come one later. There are so few tournaments for brawl in the DFW area T.T

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
We hold biweekly brawlfests/pmfests at my house. Monthlies are stretching it. More like 1.5+ monthlies.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Who Tyler is definitely more than 1.5 too lol. closer to tri-monthlies lol

I don't follow a pattern, I just host when I can~

also no, I'll take care of the Pokemon bracket, I'd just like to know what rule set y'all wanna run.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
No but.
I'm pretty much going to single-handedly destroy this city right here.

I will money match every Tyler player in Brawl.
And I'm going to beat you all.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
PM is retired.
I got tired of playing a 100% gimmick game. And bad brackets at the events I went to for it.
Not that I'm expecting any better here, haha.
That's a joke though.
We'll see how true it is in a couple months, I'm sure.

Yo but I'm hype for this event.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
How about a legit ruleset added to the lineup?
Double MK legal and DSR not in effect, you teaming with Infinity?

All I'm doing is firing shots, I don't care about doubles at ALL.

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
I was honestly thinking about entering doubles. May need to find a partner since Special K can't make it

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to make it out and rep bossier city (or not depending on how well I play). I probably wont sign up for brawl but Ill hang around til melee and P:M start.

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
We have a few Shreveport players usually~ hope to see you there
It's possible that I might need housing for the night. I'm sixteen and have a restriction on my license so I can't drive after 11pm, but it's unlikely this will be a problem unless it runs late and I do week enough to still be in bracket by 9:30. Normally I'd ignore the restriction but I'd rather not chance it on an hour and a half drive between states.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
My house is free to crash in provided you like animals.
It's possible that I might need housing for the night. I'm sixteen and have a restriction on my license so I can't drive after 11pm, but it's unlikely this will be a problem unless it runs late and I do week enough to still be in bracket by 9:30. Normally I'd ignore the restriction but I'd rather not chance it on an hour and a half drive between states.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Me/my group will need housing on Friday night, too.
I don't know who all will be coming with me yet, but I'm planning on showing up around 9 PM Friday, and leaving after the tournament Saturday.

I'm expecting 3, could be up to 5 though.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
5 pls yas. Ask the melee crew, PWii said on facebook the other day that he wants to play brawl. Denti isn't going so he could make some cash easy~

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
just posted on the FB event that I will probably not be able to make it. Our team has a 400k weekly quota to make, and we work overnights until the quota is met. Plus, my arms will probably be extra ****ing sore for the first couple weeks.

Top Bottom