• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jolt Haymaker + Slope applications

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
As many of you already know, Jolt Haymaker changes its trajectory based on the slope of the platform you are on. If you are facing an upward slope, you go higher -- and vice versa.

Normally, you wouldn't get high enough to even land on the above platforms.
"But wait a sec, you're not facing the upward slope. Shouldn't you be going at a lower angle?"
Within the first few frames of JH, you can reverse your direction. As long as you are facing the upward slope during the startup of JH, the angle boost will carry on even after you reverse it. (button input is basically side b > quickly flick stick opposite)

Simple video to show it

You can use this to surprise opponents who try to platform camp or use it as a new followup- ie ftilt and they miss the tech on the platform.

There are also situational combo setups :

Dthrow to JH will true combo on sheik at 50 ~ 75 %
dtilt to JH will true combo kill sheik at 80% ~ 100% depending on rage.

dtilt to JH rage kill even works on floaty char like mewtwo.

If you do this at low %, you might manage to get the platform slip off and proceed to My Smash Corner their ass.

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
This is definitely a useful tech, and I will use it...

If the stage that I can use even has a tilt like this.

This definitely will have its uses, but the fact that me as a 3DS player has about 0 legal stages with tiltable stages or platforms to my knowledge... I could see it being used on Umbra Clock Tower, not only on the platforms but on the stage since there is a slight angled portion on the clock face.

Top Bottom