• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jimmy Joe and Firo - STREAM TEAM

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
wasn't able to make it, rip stream

Where is stream babes?

Last edited by a moderator:

firo

Smash Ace
Live in 5!

Had some technical difficulties, live right now!

Edit: Done for the night - thanks for tuning in!

Last edited by a moderator:

Capos

Smash Apprentice
You can still watch it. Check the Past Broadcasts in JimmyJoe's Twitch profile. Although you can't see the chat, just the video.
Speaking of this, am I the only one who doesn't have this link on jimmyjoe's twitch? I always have to go to someone else's page and then copy/paste jimmyjoe's name in place of theirs.

ganas

Smash Cadet
Speaking of this, am I the only one who doesn't have this link on jimmyjoe's twitch? I always have to go to someone else's page and then copy/paste jimmyjoe's name in place of theirs.
You have to go to a member's profile to view their past broadcasts, which I think is pretty poor design on Twitch's part. Just click the link above to get to JimmyJoe's Twitch, where a live broadcast would be, then click his member name in 'JimmyJoe playing Super Smash Bros.' to go to his profile. Click the tab for past broadcasts and there you are.

firo

Smash Ace
The plan is to save all the recordings, and hopefully export them to Youtube so they'll always be available for viewing.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions about how we can improve the stream, or any matchups/players you want to see more of, let us know! We are slowly getting the hang of getting the word out there (smashboards, twitter, facebook, etc) to bring in more viewers.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
The plan is to save all the recordings, and hopefully export them to Youtube so they'll always be available for viewing.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions about how we can improve the stream, or any matchups/players you want to see more of, let us know! We are slowly getting the hang of getting the word out there (smashboards, twitter, facebook, etc) to bring in more viewers.
figure out how to get the stream to show up on the /r smashbros homepage. that site has more smashers than any other site i feel. @ Nintendude Nintendude must know how to do that. Other than that i really like the stream. I like that you guys check the stream comments often and communicate with everyone. Also you guys are the most consistent when it comes to streaming every week on the same day usually so that really helps. I know fireblaster mentioned a stream overlay and i think that's a good idea also

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
figure out how to get the stream to show up on the /r smashbros homepage. that site has more smashers than any other site i feel. @ Nintendude Nintendude must know how to do that. Other than that i really like the stream. I like that you guys check the stream comments often and communicate with everyone. Also you guys are the most consistent when it comes to streaming every week on the same day usually so that really helps. I know fireblaster mentioned a stream overlay and i think that's a good idea also
+1 to everything here.
Also a very minor thing, when I was watching the stream VOD a couple of times a question was asked in chat and answered without me being able to discern what was asked. I guess if a stream overlay is made a chat view could be incorporated into it, but that can often take up a bit of screen space.

Last edited:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Simple - add it to the Twitch field of your Smashboards profile.

firo

Smash Ace
Thanks @ Nintendude Nintendude , I've added JimmyJoe's twitch username to my profile, I'll tell him to add it to his profile the next time we stream.

We definitely need to work on a stream overlay. We're still very new to OBS so I expect the presentation to improve over time.

I'll also make an effort to repeat what questions/comments we are looking at out loud so the viewers know what we are referring to.

Right now, in addition to adding the stream to the smashboards livestream, we'll do the following when we begin streaming:

-Post here
-Tweet about streaming (only for jimmyjoe, I don't have a twitter....yet)
-Post in East Coast SSB Facebook group

I posted on r/smashboards one week, and that seemed to draw in a few viewers. I'm not sure about posting every week.

Anything else we should be doing?

firo

Smash Ace
Sorry for the hiatus - but we should streaming tonight.

I'll be using my gamecube controller so it should be some interesting games. We'll see you there!

Top Bottom