• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
At this point, I'm pretty much 100% sure that they're scared to buff us- and I can't really say I blame them, either. Do too much and the way a change might interact with Rest could send us rocketing sky-high in terms of viability... good for us in competitive play, but possibly not so much for general game balance.

If that's the case, though, I feel like we should at least get buffs that are certain to not affect how we can use Rest. Like making our Bair actually push shields away instead of lightly nudging them, or giving us a ~KILL THROW~

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'd also appreciate it if back air's hitbox came out when the animation would lead you to believe it would.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Would be radical if sing can go through shields. It would be sooooooooooooo neato and can really threaten players so they can keep their distance.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Would be radical if sing can go through shields. It would be sooooooooooooo neato and can really threaten players so they can keep their distance.
That would be cool. Give sing command grab properties. This would make it so you can't chain it, but that would be the tiniest downside to the crazy buff it would get.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Wait is there a QA thread? I have a question but I can't seem to find it :/

Unless I'm really pathetic lol

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
So we solidly beat luigi now, we can get easy rests from shielding get up attacks, and shield breakers from marth/lucina do less.

We didn't get direct buffs, but we got indirect buffs. We are affected the most by the universal changes.

GeeHaus

Smash Cadet
It looks like most of the changes were centered around buffing the more worthless custom moves. Just in time for the community to stop using them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still, you're right. The few other changes rolled in our favor this time around. It's a step in the right direction.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Is there a thread for changes already?
Yes, and Jigglypuff didn't get A. SINGLE. CHANGE.

Srrsly, can anybody give me a link to contact Nintendo (If normal Nintendo doesn't have an option to ask stuff in English, and have no trasnlatators, than give me Nintendo of America, that works too). I want to Ask why they reflected this patch on customs, and why they didn't buff Dedede or Jigglypuff, and why they didn't nerf Sheik

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I would complain, but we are one of the most effect by the universal changes, and no one else really got their default moveset changed. We weren't really ignored, we were just effected like the majority.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I would complain, but we are one of the most effect by the universal changes, and no one else really got their default moveset changed. We weren't really ignored, we were just effected like the majority.
And Luigi's nerfs help too.

GeeHaus

Smash Cadet
Hold up, you guys, this game actually has shieldstun now.

As a character who skirts around in the air and previously lost to shields, this might be the most important change yet for us.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Sheik has never bothered me at all, so I don't see why she still needs it. On the other hand, I'm really happy luigi got nerfed.

A lot of players have been using him as an easy way out of losing in NY. This ain't happening again.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
The increase in shield stun definitely helps a character as dependent on spacing as us.

Somebody test our more damaging moves on shield, I'd like to know if we got new options against it. Fading Nair is most certainly going to be safe on shield when sweetpotted now, I can't see people being able to spotdodge in between Dair multihits anymore, and Pound....

....Holy crap, we might be able to get reliable shield breaks now.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Bair doesn't actually gain all that much from this, since it barely pushed shields at all before. I think it's still safe on shield now all things considered, but sweetspot Fair does about as much shield damage so it's generally better to use that instead.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Bair doesn't actually gain all that much from this, since it barely pushed shields at all before. I think it's still safe on shield now all things considered, but sweetspot Fair does about as much shield damage so it's generally better to use that instead.
bair is super safe now that it traps people in shield for HALF A SECOND. Omg...

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Is the shield stun equation not (2.5x%)+3? I thought that's what it was, but the combo I wanted to use isn't working. It's not the equation, which I noticed through testing several things. I guess the shield break combo isn't real. Anyone have the actual equation?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Is the shield stun equation not (2.5x%)+3? I thought that's what it was, but the combo I wanted to use isn't working. It's not the equation, which I noticed through testing several things. I guess the shield break combo isn't real. Anyone have the actual equation?
"The new formula is: (X / 1.75) + 2 rounded down."
That was taken right from SmashWiki.

Rioku

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiokuMattenake
Was doing some super casual 8 player free for alls today with puff after watching that video on pound busting shields. I just targeted the shield happy people and had a blast popping shields all over the place. Who thought it was a good idea to give puff an insta popper? It is so fun to play puff in free for alls now wow. People never see the pound coming. This poor Game and Watch. I broke his baby shield 3 times in one match.

Too bad characters with decent size shields don't get popped. Puff dittos would be hilarious if that was the case. A friend tested out pound on various shields. It breaks most of them in one go it seems. Falco was the only not giant shield character we tested that didn't get insta popped.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Was doing some super casual 8 player free for alls today with puff after watching that video on pound busting shields. I just targeted the shield happy people and had a blast popping shields all over the place. Who thought it was a good idea to give puff an insta popper? It is so fun to play puff in free for alls now wow. People never see the pound coming. This poor Game and Watch. I broke his baby shield 3 times in one match.

Too bad characters with decent size shields don't get popped. Puff dittos would be hilarious if that was the case. A friend tested out pound on various shields. It breaks most of them in one go it seems. Falco was the only not giant shield character we tested that didn't get insta popped.
it only does 65% of shields, with the new shield stun maybe a bit more. All shields last the same, some are just easier to poke the character through. It's only a insta break if they already have a worn down shield.

Top Bottom