• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff MU

KoyalKitKat

Smash Cadet
Hello IC's

I'm a Peach Main (No hate please, I love IC's and actually never play against IC's in my area)

Some of you may have heard Jigglypuff is a terrible MU for peach.

My question; Are the IC's good or at least even with Jigglypuff. I have messed around with IC's a little bit. Is it worth to invest in IC's as a secondary, or even Co-main.

ilysm

sleepy
Imo the matchup isn't exactly bad for Icies, but it is very annoying considering how poorly Puff's strong air game/weak ground game style clashes with Icies' strong ground game/weak air game style. I'd guess that it would be pretty easy for a Puff player to counter a new Icies secondary as opposed to a dedicated Icies main.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you're strictly looking for a counterpick character to alleviate Peach's terrible matchup against Puff, and you've only messed around with Icies a little bit, you'd need to invest a lot of time into learning a character that wouldn't even really solve the problem too well. So I'd advise against it.

But of course if you're genuinely interested in learning Icies as a co-main and not as a matchup counterpick, I say go for it and see how it feels. Most of the time when people want to secondary or co-main Icies one of two things happens. (1) they eventually realize they can't keep up the pace of dual-maining with a character as weird and intricate as Icies, and drop Icies. (2) they eventually realize they can't keep up the pace of dual-maining with a character as weird and intricate as Icies, and drop their other character because Icies are super cool. The second one is what happened to me. If you've got the time and energy to experiment, give it a whirl.

Last edited:

KoyalKitKat

Smash Cadet
Imo the matchup isn't exactly bad for Icies, but it is very annoying considering how poorly Puff's strong air game/weak ground game style clashes with Icies' strong ground game/weak air game style. I'd guess that it would be pretty easy for a Puff player to counter a new Icies secondary as opposed to a dedicated Icies main.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you're strictly looking for a counterpick character to alleviate Peach's terrible matchup against Puff, and you've only messed around with Icies a little bit, you'd need to invest a lot of time into learning a character that wouldn't even really solve the problem too well. So I'd advise against it.

But of course if you're genuinely interested in learning Icies as a co-main and not as a matchup counterpick, I say go for it and see how it feels. Most of the time when people want to secondary or co-main Icies one of two things happens. (1) they eventually realize they can't keep up the pace of dual-maining with a character as weird and intricate as Icies, and drop Icies. (2) they eventually realize they can't keep up the pace of dual-maining with a character as weird and intricate as Icies, and drop their other character because Icies are super cool. The second one is what happened to me. If you've got the time and energy to experiment, give it a whirl.
Haha, thanks for the honest answer. Our smash scene needs an IC guy. I have done well against some of our lower players with IC's, so I will try my best to learn as much as possible and play friendlies with that Jigglypuff (that Jigglypuff was a counter pick because I beat the guy's Marth). Thanks again for the insight.

ilysm

sleepy
No prob! Keep in mind I'm not advising against co-maining Icies. If they interest you as more than just a counterpick, feel free to try co-maining them and see where it goes! They might surprise you. Best of luck, whatever you decide to do! ^_^

Last edited:
Top Bottom