• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Hm.. What else.....
How do you deal with sheild pressure? (like Peach's Dair or Marth's Fair for example)
Most of the time when I try to attack OoS I get hit anyways lol.

Does Jigglypuff have any sheild advantage on any of her moves?

What's her fastest attack?

What aerial is best for momentum canceling?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Hm.. What else.....
How do you deal with sheild pressure? (like Peach's Dair or Marth's Fair for example)
Most of the time when I try to attack OoS I get hit anyways lol.

Does Jigglypuff have any sheild advantage on any of her moves?

What's her fastest attack?

What aerial is best for momentum canceling?
For OoS, use an nair and if it hits shield, retreat immediately.

For shield advantage, no, space with bairs. Dairs are good if you are above them enough so you can get U-smash ***** and if they jump, they are screwed.

Fastest attack is rest. Invincibility frame 1, hits frame 2.

Momentum canceling is fair. Uair is almost identical but fair is slightly better and easier to use.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Can you punish Peach's Dair by SDIing towards her and Rest?
Hmm...I would imagine that would be an incredibly risky maneuver.
What's the verdict Jiggzies?
It does seem risky because of the short length of the attack and the knockback that could KO at moderate damage. I would imaging not DIing into it at all because it's very quick. By the time you get close enough, the knockback will kick in.

For OoS, use an nair and if it hits shield, retreat immediately.

For shield advantage, no, space with bairs. Dairs are good if you are above them enough so you can get U-smash ***** and if they jump, they are screwed.

Fastest attack is rest. Invincibility frame 1, hits frame 2.

Momentum canceling is fair. Uair is almost identical but fair is slightly better and easier to use.
Was this determined by the frame rate data? I could add it to the DI thread to figure out the quickest aireal. F-air is used for horrizontal recovery, and drill is used for vertical. But could u-air be faster, or should drill be replaced with f-air?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
It does seem risky because of the short length of the attack and the knockback that could KO at moderate damage. I would imaging not DIing into it at all because it's very quick. By the time you get close enough, the knockback will kick in.

Was this determined by the frame rate data? I could add it to the DI thread to figure out the quickest aireal. F-air is used for horrizontal recovery, and drill is used for vertical. But could u-air be faster, or should drill be replaced with f-air?
No fair is used for vertical as well. Tested it for when stuff kills. Fair for vertical as well. C-stick it though with a fast fall. Uair is almost, almost as good.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
No fair is used for vertical as well. Tested it for when stuff kills. Fair for vertical as well. C-stick it though with a fast fall. Uair is almost, almost as good.
Ok, cool, Ill edit the thread when I feel like going to a coutyard with dead posts in locked coffins.

*trains self to c-stick forward during a vertical launch*

EDIT: Is it "attacks on frame" that cancels the momentum, or "starts on frame"?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Ok, cool, Ill edit the thread when I feel like going to a coutyard with dead posts in locked coffins.

*trains self to c-stick forward during a vertical launch*

EDIT: Is it "attacks on frame" that cancels the momentum, or "starts on frame"?
It isn't either. Its brute force testing. Fair is quick and slows your momentum down, kind of like how some moves really don't slow you down at all, like nair. It can be the fastest, like bair with link.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
It isn't either. Its brute force testing. Fair is quick and slows your momentum down, kind of like how some moves really don't slow you down at all, like nair. It can be the fastest, like bair with link.
The best God DI is on spikes. Natrualy, DIing to the stage after being spiked will make you curve around the bottom. Utilizing these physics can allow you to tech off the wall and hopefuly survive the spike.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
The best God DI is on spikes. Natrualy, DIing to the stage after being spiked will make you curve around the bottom. Utilizing these physics can allow you to tech off the wall and hopefuly survive the spike.
If you even come near the wall you don't need to god DI. Its why in Melee, an F-smash interrupting a Fox's recovery from Marth wouldn't necessarily kill him. He could ledge tech and illusion back immediately punishing the Marth.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
god DI is inverting vertical knockback. GDI on a spike would send you directly upwards.
yeah, so lets just call the ones i'm talking about "stick techs" or "STs"

God DI is a little broad, but difficult. Can you explain what attacks can be God DIed?

PND

Smash Champion
Some use Rollout, generally with the aim of shooting over their opponent and landing on the opposite side of the stage. I do it occasionally, but generally I usually just use her superb aerial mobility to drift wherever I feel is tactically advantageous at that time and just use bair / dair / nair / pound to keep the opponent at bay.

Veril

Frame Savant
yeah, so lets just call the ones i'm talking about "stick techs" or "STs"

God DI is a little broad, but difficult. Can you explain what attacks can be God DIed?
These are the requirements:
1. Multi-hit, ie multiple hitboxes *
2. Some Amount of verical knockback (you can invert horizontal knockback as well but... not super epic and therefor not GDI)
3. The more hitlag / # of hits the better. **
4. Set knockback, ideally without a "pull" or trapping effect. ***
5. I believe that you must be UNDER the final knockback hitbox.

*Generally you can only consciously GDI if there are multiple hits. Pound GDI, which results in the famed "pound spike" only happens by accident and therefor isn't really a viable technique.

**More hitlag = Time to input DI.

*** While it is possible to GDI Zelda's up-smash, it is insanely hard because of its trapping properties. This is despite it having a set knockback. The f-smash doesn't have a vertical DI trap (whatever its called), thus its more easily GDI'd.

Looks like its time to make a thread on this...

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
yesterday I got killed by an Ike's f-tilt at 10%.

I was at 10%.

what the hell... 10%?
REALLY?

but mostly I'm here about his 3 hit combo, it's incredible, very painful, and at times lethal.
with his superior range I find it near impossible to approach, since it out prioritizes almost everything (cept pound)

please discuss ways to approach a combo happy ike.

if you've got no ideas there, please discuss how to avoid the 3 hit combo.

[yes i know that these are both basically the same thing]

thanks for input! :laugh:

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
It is, but they get wise to the pound real quick and play the "my sword is so G** D*** long" spacing game.

until you chase after them, then they 3 hit combo you again.

repeat process until I gets a deflated jiggly.

poor deflated jiggly

10poordeflatedjigglys

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Personally, I'd air-dodge through the ****-fest and follow up with a forward moving bair to get his *** off of the ground.

PND

Smash Champion
Gimme a bit. I'll post another PND chart to better explain Ike.

And 10%? Was it a walkoff edge / were items on and a bobbomb spawned?

If not, work on your DI dude.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Gimme a bit. I'll post another PND chart to better explain Ike.

And 10%? Was it a walkoff edge / were items on and a bobbomb spawned?

If not, work on your DI dude.
nope, he just f tilted me at the edge of FD, I fair'd and DI'd but I was going WAY to fast to do anything about it.

Maybe it has a godly sweet spot?

PND

Smash Champion

Here we go. Sorry about the URL aspect, it's part of the hosting site. If you need me to expand on anything (or give a written summary as well) just ask. That is merely to illustrate where you should be pressuring Ike from.

This is what goes on in my head against every character I face, every match I play. Safety bubbles everywhere. :urg:

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
PND, your charts are too good. You should do one for every character.

Rhed, try baiting the Ike into a laggy move, and punish him. He can't do much if you are in his face, Bairing.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Who knew you could make such a sexy chart on paint? Make one for peach. I hate that matchup. ***
Kick Ike in the face. Its foot-thirsty.
There are so many options... N-air, b-air, f-air, d-air, f-tilt, d-tilt, u-tilt, f-smash, d-smash are all kicks.
choose wisely.

***and the peach (marc&peach) says: "If you bait your opponent, you will win a lot of matches. He ruins my approach with this tacic, and it seems like spam/camping almost. He just waits until I come close and then attacks.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
lol epic fail :laugh:
That doesn't help at all.

I can't help either. But, check GameFAQs or somewhere like that. They'll probably have a walkthrough of Subspace for you to use.

Didn't see Alex's post. o:

PND

Smash Champion
I can only assume it's because Sakurai hates Jiggs THAT much. He's now deleted her from Brawl (for everyone who hasn't already unlocked her)

What a ****.

Top Bottom