• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggly vs Powerhouses

I really can't get around it. Because of character size in this game spacing is harder and screws with my Jiggly game.
My main problem: My brother mains Ike and Ganondorf. One hit from either when Jigglypuff is at 60% or higher and the puff is dead. How the heck am I supposed to beat these kinds of characters?
Help? He shields my rests (that I throw out about every two minutes or so) and smashes me to my doom, regardless of percent so I do not want to rest him that often. Help?
EDIT: Ha ha. Solved my problem. Here's a quick vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdtKpp56Oy0

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
Airdodging their laggy moves and punishing them usually does the trick for me, and once you get them up they're too easy to chain aerials against and rack up damage. Ganon has laggy aerials, so just approaching from the air is easy. Ike, simple, don't get hit. His air-game isn't the best either, so just try to avoid the ground at all cost and abuse the fact that you have faster aerials. Once they're off the edge they're way too easy to edgeguard, and barely have a chance of taking you down with them.
And if they're nooby and just spam smash-attacks, pound is a great way of dealing with them (high priority, decent range and surprisingly unexpected), and gets them up in the air, ready to be barraged by aerials.

Rest fails, don't try it unless you know it's going to hit and they won't have the time to shield, and make sure they're over 70%... this goes for every character, rest just isn't what it used to be.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Hey Heavenly Spoon, how goes it?!

And yeah try to chain better combos to make rest less predictable, or just don't use it =(.

If you need practice just PM me and Ill gladly help you.

Yeah, fallenangemon0, I'd like to see your Jiggs. I mained Jiggs in Melee but Jiggs in this one just weird for me.
My code below.
@Heavenly Spoon: Ganondorf can be hard in air especially in the hands on a master (like my brother who plays him and Ike exclusively). Ike's air game is good: His back air that comes out crazy fast. Two of those and Jiggs is screwed. That's what I'm getting hit by.

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
Don't let him turn your back on you, I guess. Doesn't it get predictable after a while, though? Because that really seems like the only viable option against a Jigglypuff (aside from staying on the ground, in which case you just have to either lure him into the air, or spam airdodges and wait for an opening).

I have yet to play any Ganondorf at all, but from what I've seen his game is heavely reliant on B>, in which case I'd just try to either airdodge that move, or try to avoid being in a horizontal position. His aerials aren't bad, but have serious landing lag, and without l-canceling he seems pretty much screwed at that point, so I'd just wait for a chance to punish his laggy aerial game, either by airdodging his aerials or by just not getting hit.

And everything goes fine, thank you.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
i've played a couple of ikes, not many that are very good... so i guess i really don't have any say.
but from my experience you just have to attack out of your shield a LOT. ikes range is crazy even though his moves are laggy. he's easily punishable off stage, so any chance you have take it when he's off. you really shouldn't be resting so much unless you're absolutely certain you're going to connect (my cousin secondary mains bowser and every time he uses the bowser bomb i rest him, lol). with ike he should also probably be in high 90% for it to kill him with rest (depends on stage ceiling too). i've found that roll out works really well if they're in 90-100%, you barely even need to charge it up and it'll KO. just make sure there are some mindgames with roll out, like actually hitting them off-stage with it.

Moosecalibur

Smash Apprentice
i've played a couple of ikes, not many that are very good... so i guess i really don't have any say.
but from my experience you just have to attack out of your shield a LOT. ikes range is crazy even though his moves are laggy. he's easily punishable off stage, so any chance you have take it when he's off. you really shouldn't be resting so much unless you're absolutely certain you're going to connect (my cousin secondary mains bowser and every time he uses the bowser bomb i rest him, lol). with ike he should also probably be in high 90% for it to kill him with rest (depends on stage ceiling too). i've found that roll out works really well if they're in 90-100%, you barely even need to charge it up and it'll KO. just make sure there are some mindgames with roll out, like actually hitting them off-stage with it.
On that mindgame note, purposely turn with the joystick before you reach the opponent to go around him/her and confuse them. You can do this about a total of 3 times, which will really mess with their mind. Then they'll be all defensive against you and you could pull in a grab instead if you want or attempt different combos with that rollout mind-game in mind. (it also makes a great recovering attack on FD if you land on the opposite side, roll towards your opponent, and go around them to hit them ;))

Yeah, I'm going to edit this post and add a vid against a Ganondorf.
My brother was tired that night so he wasn't playing his best but it is still a good demonstration.

Top Bottom