• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JC grabbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Well, I haven't found any thread talking about this, but if anybody here knows about one, please, tell me...

I am wondering how to efficiently perform a JC grab. When I attempt to do it, I can't seem to get the timing right. Every once in a while, it will work, but most of the time it just turns out to be a dash grab, mainly because I'm not sure how to do it with the L+A grab. When I attempt to do it, I usually just press X+Z at the same time and hope that it works.

I was wondering if there was a better way of doing it, and if there is more than one way of pulling it off (efficiently).

I probably sounds very noobish right now, but I would really like to know how a lot of you do a JC grab. To be honest, this is one of the few things I am having trouble with right now... all I really need is practice :)

saberhof

Smash Master
i use my thumb to push Y and my index for Z, then i just click one by one real fast, like...>_>..fast...idk i cant explain how fast. just practice it, or look at wak's 3rd AHTP video.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Hmm, yeah, I just need to get the timing right, which comes with practice... I have actually watched all of those AHTP videos multiple times... very useful I must say... I think I have learn just as much, or even more here on smashboards though, mainly because there is a lot more that can be said on here than on a video :)

Thanks for your input!

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Ok, thanks for those links... A moderator can take off this thread now if they want to...

DarkLordKefka

Smash Cadet
just a quick question before this thread gets closed: do you find it more efficient to use X or Y for JC? right now im hitting X with the side of my thumb, but i dont get to Z half the time and i end up doing a fair...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I've always used Y and Z, but I mean, it comes down to which (X or Y) you use to jump. I jsut think since Y and Z are closer, it's a more natural movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom