• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JaX: GiFT3 ~ RESULTS POSTED!!1 + OTHER STUFFZ

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
geoff hold a smashfest on friday cause i don't have school on friday :D

also i'm kinda down for the brawl tourny, i gotta find more characters to play tho

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
We had a little impromptu tourney at the gameroom today... Here's the results (we only did MELEE ;)):

DOUBLES

01: Gmoney + C-PO* (Gmoney teamed with Xoff for grand finals because C-PO had to leave)
02: aznplaya92 + YoshiGuy
03: RTKO + Simple Math
04: Xoff + ReDD
05: Gahtzu + amr
05: Blue Link + Nfdel
07: Zan + Sav
07: Jones + Sergio* (Jones teamed with ??? after the first round because Sergio had to leave)

SINGLES

01: Gmoney
02: Xoff
03: aznplaya92
04: Simple Math
05: C-PO* (dropped out)
05: YoshiGuy
07: Gahtzu
07: ReDD* (dropped out)
09: RTKO
09: Zan
09: amr
09: Jones
13: Blue Link* (dropped out)
13: Nfdel* (dropped out)
13: Sergio* (dropped out)

...:027:

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
His decision to quit traveling (and Smash in general for awhile) was mainly based on the financial aspect of going to tourneys (aka it was getting too expensive). He also felt that he probably didn't have the right mentality to do well in competitive gaming.

I think he may start traveling again a bit (for MELEE primarily). I hope he does... LOL

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Here's the results from the Brawl tourney that was over in St. Augustine today (the rules and setups were kinda dumb but whatever)...

SINGLES

02: Zan* (this guy should stop giving up and sandbagging me when he has a real shot at improving and winning)
03: aaron
04: RTKO
05: Drew
05: Simple Math
07: Savage
07: the Tano
07: Mike
09: Kevin
09: Toni
09: Levi
09: Pierre
13: blaksheap82
13: Taylor
13: Zach
13: aaron
13: Kyle
17: aaron

The software this guy was using was kinda... bad (which explains the odd number of certain placings). The names that are in gray are for people who I didn't know what their Smash names were...

Doubles was being played out for "fun" (Gmoney + RTKO beat ??? + Jones and that was all that we did)... but then we all quit to play MELEE friendlies! :) LOL

...:027:

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Sunday's a bad day for a lot of people, especially me. :(

Thanks for posting results, G.
02: Zan* (this guy should stop giving up and sandbagging me when he has a real shot at improving and winning)
lol I think he plays the game just to sandbag, from watching him.

Yeah, I did do that badly, it sucks when you don't have time to play/practice right before a tourney. Ah whatever, it was actually my first tourney, and all I was concerned with was getting a better turnout and convincing the owner/manager to improve on his venue and format... which was amazingly easy. When he saw the turnout was like three times the turnout of the last time, he was all for adding Melee, doubles, crews, standard Gigs rules (aka SBR recommended), more stations, cutting out the lagging HD screens for CRTs, and when I told him about the TIO program, he was so grateful he offered me a free soda (which I don't drink, but anyway). I don't think he would've felt that way if it wasn't for mkGmoney and his group coming down from UNF, and G's knowledgeable suggestions. The store, Wizards, is planning to host monthlies, which you can read about here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6404981#post6404981

Top Bottom