• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Nintendo Direct May 31st

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Speaking of the Doc, i'm actually interested in the game that they showed off for him.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Chibi Robo 3DS looks pretty fun. Great to see them go back to that franchise.
That and Rio 2016 were the only parts of the Direct that made me rage angrily at Japan for getting. The rest I wasn't as appealing to me, though to be fair I couldn't really understand what they were saying, now to wait for E3....:glare: What idiot decided to push it back a week?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Yoshi variants were also pretty cool too. I wonder if we will be seeing zero suit samus Yoshi or Robin Yoshi lol.

D

Deleted member

Please localize that cat game.

Edit : I mean, I'm really diggin that cute game and the new Mario/Sonic sports game.
EditAgain : Specifically, the one with the Animal Crossing-like kitties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm pretty sure we will get the Lucas date plus the next DLC character and maybe other DLC content.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Why does the party of Dragon Quest looks like Gohan, Mr. Satan, Dodoria and Future Trunks? And Marth in FE If must have a really broken skill.

Last edited:

Esidisi☆

Smash Rookie
Spotpass and DLC.
The thing is that all those past characters are just customized avatars, so that doesnt really apply. I guess you could factor the conversation after every DLC map, bu agree to disagree.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I'm surprised people are actually are looking forward to the new Mario & Sonic.

Me personally, it depends on what they do with it. Bring back Adventure Tours and I'm sold. Adding Rosalina, starting a Sonic Amiibo line, and bring a new wave of Mario Amiibos to go with it (including Rosalina) would also please me and help convince me. The character additions so far are all great. Don't really have any request besides Rosalina on the Mario side, but I'd like if they added Espio and Charmy too.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Why does the party of Dragon Quest looks like Gohan, Mr. Satan, Dodoria and Future Trunks? And Marth in FE If must have a really broken skill.
Because Akira Toriyama designs the characters for that game.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Well, we got more informations about FE:If, that castle thing may be interesting but... Fire Emblem amie, like really? I didn't like how prominent was romance in Awakening, but this is reaching a whole new level of otaku-waifu pandering. I was hyped by FE:If seeing how it apparently improved from Awakening gameplay-wise (pair-up nerfed, better class system with no level reset when reclassing, Dragon's vein likely means more interesting map control) which seem to make it look promising about it being properly designed around actual strategy and not sandbox gaming, but this new feature has a big negative effect on my hype. The whole marriage thing from Awakening made me feel uncomfortable to begin with (I didn't know it was a thing before picking the game lol), but something like that would make me feel downright insecure about what I'm playing to be honest... :lol: At least it seems to be a fully optional feature so I could just ignore it I guess but still, I would feel kind of uncomfortable knowing there's such a thing on my game :lol: maybe it'll be removed in the international releases? I honestly wouldn't object to that.

Sorry if I sound a bit salty here, I don't want to lower the hype for people who have no problem with this new feature, I just wanted to share my personal thoughts about this. If anything it lowers my hype in a "what the heck?" way rather than an actually upset "NOOOOOOO!!!!" like when I figured that Mewtwo didn't have custom moves.

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Monster Hunter X Cross yesh!

Loving the return of older monsters, addition of new ones, new subspecies, and all the flashy attacks.

Dual Blades get more spin2win

Gunlance shown more love with a flamethrower type of attack

Maybe a Great Sword can unleash a lvl3 charge midair

Green Seregios!
Popodrome!

So hype!!!

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Ugh, NO Sm4sh insight…

Unless……

OH MY GOODNESS

xXx_1keMain_xXx

Smash Cadet
wtf you guys talking about, didint u hear. They found leaked [TRUE] (leaked) {unkown} sound files of RAT.preston. It was found when they decoded the RAT.jar file located in computer. its confirmed already

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Lol YES! I said these exact things. Except the Dodoria part.

Top Bottom