• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Man create a female robot; "Fem-Bot is my CONTRIBUTION TO SCIENCE"

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Thread: THIS GUY HAS NO LIFE AND IS A PERV FOR CREATING A ROBOT TO HELP HIM OUT AROUND THE HOUSE.

This thread is absolutely ********.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'm not a feminist (I believe both men and women should have equal rights, ect), but why does it HAVE to have female qualities and be used for cleaning and such?

I thought we were passed that:).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the creator made it as a work of art using technology that already exists, he's expressing himself by making it a woman imo, perhaps he doesnt really realize or doesnt care about the social implication

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
Lets be honest here

Lets imagine we are in the future and robot technology has advanced significantly. Robots are now much more human like then before

They now have realistic skin,advanced artificial intelligence, realistic movements, and some other stuff humans have. If robots were that realistic and close to humans I think the idea of dating one would be less controversial. I would date a robot if it were close to human or if it were exactly like a human. If being is able to think for it self and do things with out being told to do so and they have all the characteristics of a human including speech. What is stopping someone from dating such a being.

I think the guys problem is not the fact that he is dating a robot. I think its because he is way ahead of the curve. Technology hasn't reached that point yet. Even though we have made significant bounds when it comes to robot technology. Their is still a big gap between humans and robots. Especially in the areas of movement and what I would call common sense. Until we can fill those gaps I think inter species relationships should not happen,but once we do I think it would be ok

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
This is awesome, would be cool to have this join X-Box multiplayer, but I gotta keep my computer away from that thing :p

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Kind of cool how he built a robot. It would be kind of weird to see mass produced Aiko's in the world in every home.

We've entered the age of fem-bots with maid outfits.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I don't understand how people can think this is ridiculous. I saw this on the news recently, and I'm absolutely amazed. Sure, he can program her to be a sex toy for him, but on the news, even touching her chest will cause her to slap you. How she can read, and look so life like and actually communicate and react after being touched etc. is remarkably fantastic.

And to those who think he has no life: Technology is something i'm sure he's in love with. Who's to judge whether or not you have a life? You sit at home on your computer browsing a forum about a video game. At least this guy is doing something productive with his life, and something that will most likely change the world. Calling him a pitiful person is unbelievably disrespectful.

Also, the title for this thread is so misleading. People take one look at the link and they'll post their thoughts without even reading the article.

tl;dr >=O

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm not a feminist (I believe both men and women should have equal rights, ect), but why does it HAVE to have female qualities and be used for cleaning and such?

He MADE it to be a woman first and foremost, then he decided that having a robot do housekeeping and other menial tasks would be a load off of his time.

Mith_

Smash Champion

I'm pretty sure almost every guy would want a woman to cook and clean for them, as awful as that sounds.

Like he said he was mixing engineering and beauty, so why not make it a pretty woman.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Truthfully, you guys are being kind of immature. This is an interesting step into the future, and the fact that this is a one man work is nothing short of spectacular.

I remember some engineers and mathematicians made a functioning Philip K. Dick android. It had the voice of his inspiration and was put at Comic-Con (I think) in a replica of his apartment from 1950's Los Angeles. It could talk about his writing with you, and stuff like that. But that was designed by a team, and it couldn't stand/etc. So what this guy is doing is actually pretty incredible.

I'm not denying a female robo-companion is a little weird. But what he has done here is still pretty interesting, and obviously not motivated by carnal desires, or he'd have designed a very simple robot for that express purpose. This is more about cybernetic life.

If anything, I bet he said that one quip because -- well, for starters you can tell he has a pretty dry sense of humor, but also -- he knows there is ridiculous money to be made by the Quagmire Industry, as I like to call it. Doesn't hurt to get that out there, in the media. The people that make RealDolls will be busting down his door soon enough.

Truthfully the idea of a robot that can learn terrifies the **** out of me, but I've probably read a little too much PKD.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
He said: “Aiko doesn’t need holidays, food or rest, and will work almost 24 hours a day. She is the perfect woman.”
Does anyone else find that statement degrading?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Eor and Eric make a good point, to imply that the perfect woman is pretty much a slave paints a pretty disturbing picture of social norms.

MaxfireXSA

Banned via Warnings
What the heck?!

Wow, that was amazing videos, I laugh at the end where he ask Aiko a question very naughty for the test.

Let me show you a 'YouTube' video about 'Aiko'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4UPcv7Y1AE

I know it's very difficult to make 'Aiko' horny, but I hope when she could slap at your hand while you're trying to touch her breast, and that's funny, and the rest what I've seen the video about testing 'Aiko' in the first post, that was hilarious, because she can know everything and it's very difficult to make her horny.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Eor and Eric make a good point, to imply that the perfect woman is pretty much a slave paints a pretty disturbing picture of social norms.
The female robot that cooks, cleans, and reads all day is the perfect woman for that inventor and other people like him. I can only assume that he is devoted completely to his work - he is seemingly a workaholic, as he cant keep his work and play separate - so something that could do menial tasks is win for someone like him. He probably isn't looking for, and wouldn't mesh well with, a loving, well-rounded companion. Also, if his one of his goals in making the robot is to simulate companionship, aside from providing automated chore-duty, wouldn't he make the robot as accompanying as possible... for a man, a woman?

If the everyday person made a robot companion, it probably wouldn't be so 'disturbing;' it would fit the everyday person's idea of the perfect companion. At the same time, the everyday person can't make a robot companion, so the "perfect companion" robot that we get isn't going to be an asexual, bald butler.

Aside from the "omg hes suhc a sicko" ordeal, its obviously very exciting. I love robotics.

MaxfireXSA

Banned via Warnings
The female robot that cooks, cleans, and reads all day is the perfect woman for that inventor and other people like him. I can only assume that he is devoted completely to his work - he is seemingly a workaholic, as he cant keep his work and play separate - so something that could do menial tasks is win for someone like him. He probably isn't looking for, and wouldn't mesh well with, a loving, well-rounded companion. Also, if his one of his goals in making the robot is to simulate companionship, aside from providing automated chore-duty, wouldn't he make the robot as accompanying as possible... for a man, a woman?
You got it right, Tom nom nom nom!, and there's no way that Aiko could access to my account in this SWF, because I got my password secured using McAfee.

That's why because Aiko can hijack emails, but what about stealing someones' account, does Aiko do that? Maybe I'm getting scared if Aiko was on her computer, visit this SWF, and I don't know what she's up to in this SWF, try to steal our account, oh boy, then I'm scared.

Also Aiko could text messages, don't you think?

Top Bottom