• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

January 4th, 2015 Online 3DS Tourney (Mystery Prize!)

Rainbow Pancake

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-1736-8251
[CHECK INS ARE NOW OPEN, PLEASE GO CHECK IN ON THE BRACKET PAGE]
I've noticed a lack of 3DS online tourneys, so I decided to make one.

Rules:
  • Double Elimination
  • Best of 3
  • 2 Stocks
  • 6 Minutes
  • No Items
  • No customs
  • No Equipment
Starters:
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Any Omega stage
Counter picks:
  • Yoshi's Island

Matches will begin at 3PM EST, if you know you are going to run late please let me know or you will be dropped
The winner will receive a mystery prize (It's mysterious because I don't know what it is yet.)

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/8yDQU8ggKX

Bracket here:
http://challonge.com/3DSmashtourney

Edit:
I've made a chat so everyone may message there opponent while matches are going on
http://smashtourn.chatango.com/?flash

If the chat experiences difficulty, you can reach me on skype.
My username on skype is Raymaster56

Happy Smashing! :D

Last edited:

RatFlailer

Smash Rookie
I'm relatively new to tournaments, can someone briefly explain the starter/counter pick system to me?

Rainbow Pancake

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-1736-8251
I'm relatively new to tournaments, can someone briefly explain the starter/counter pick system to me?
Starters are for round 1, counterpicks are for round 2 and any other rounds that follow it.

Counterpicks are not allowed during round 1, and in round 2 are added as available stages for the loser to pick from.

Dargon794

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2938-6348-1958
Signed Up! looking forward to smashing with you guys!

RatFlailer

Smash Rookie
Starters are for round 1, counterpicks are for round 2 and any other rounds that follow it.

Counterpicks are not allowed during round 1, and in round 2 are added as available stages for the loser to pick from.
so starters can be used anytime, and counterpicks can be used anytime except round 1? Also what determines who picks the stage? is it like online play, where both payers pick one and the game just picks one? I have alot of questions...

Last edited:

Pokedex649

Smash Cadet
I'll try to participate here, but I don't know what characters I'll use. I sometimes use characters I don't main or secondary

Rainbow Pancake

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-1736-8251
so starters can be used anytime, and counterpicks can be used anytime except round 1? Also what determines who picks the stage? is it like online play, where both payers pick one and the game just picks one? I have alot of questions...
The first round is judged by who has higher seed, which is located by the names on the bracket. After the first round the loser, gets to pick the stage.

So is 20 going to be the max entrants? If so I am disappointing i didn't make it in before the cap
I Wasn't expecting the sudden amount of people, I'll add an extra ten slots.

ToonKevin38844

Smash Rookie
NNID
ToonKevin38844
3DS FC
1564-3663-5172
And also Put the sign up page cuz on mobile it wont let me sign up if Im on the bracket section. Meaning the link u gave wont let me sign up

Pokedex649

Smash Cadet
Are Miis allowed since you can still technically pick them without customs active?

Pokedex649

Smash Cadet
I honestly would've liked Prism Tower to be a counterpick here with Yoshi's Island being a starter (Like Brawl)
Although I agree that Tomodachi Life is completely unbalanced, even more so in rulesets with Mii Brawler allowed

Top Bottom