• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'm requesting clearance to speak about what i know on it, since i played a dev build quite a while ago (mostly don't know how much of the move got tweaked).

CORY

wut
BRoomer
so, **** it, i'll talk about the basics that shouldn't have changed. it's only two days from now:

b on the ground is the backhand reflect thing. don't know what they've done with it in the almost 6 months or so since i've played, so i don't know about timing and hitboxes.

b in the air starts your float. you don't get a whole lot of aerial control during it, but you can get some drift. when i played it, you slowly descended. if you press b again (or hold it down) you backhand in the air. if you just float, you lose it as soon as you do anything. only one float per airtime (when i played you needed to stand on the stage to refresh it, not just grab the ledge).

no float cancelling aerials, no repeated aerials during float. it's hype but not entirely stupid.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Can anyone think of some immediate uses of the float?
it lets you change up approach options so you're not so committed to everything.

it also help(ed) go SUPER deep on edgeguards. or just deal with people stalling while you were edgeguarding.

you can also use it on tech setups to delay your fall if you think they're going to not tech, then getup attack or something.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Was that a new spot dodge animation I spotted at ~1:41?

Also new fsmash at 2:12? Or is that also the neutral B?

Last edited:

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I only wanted a better grab range. :ohwell: I'll wait till I play it to make judgements, and if i dont like it then i won't use it.Its not like i ever used the neutral b anyway. Edit: HE STILL NEEDS THIS

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I really don't see much groundbreaking about Ganon's new float, other than possibly increased recovery, which is something we asked for a while back. Can't wait to experiment on Friday though. Heheheheheh.

I'm asking for a better grab range tho. :o

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
A useless move is now useful. And they made it completely canon to OoT, all without making him into another sword user.

Biased PMDT be praised.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
you now don't need to commit super hard to approaches (you can jump in like you're f/nairing, then just hover and gauge a reaction first, for example. also basic attack timing changeups). and you can float over projectiles for a little bit to help deal with that issue to an extent.

and offstage, recovery isn't even the big part about it. this is a special move. you don't lose your jump. the edgeguards...

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Platforms are a lot more scary for Ganon now.

The wavelands are gonna be so crisp.

Cant weight to pLAY

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Actually, I only wanted a better grab and changes to his already had moveset.

This outdoes my expectations and I welcome it with open arms to learn.
Whether it makes him better or not, we Ganon fo life.
Also change the social thread name :]

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

based pmdt is real

Well, like I said in some thread a year ago I guess it's time to money match every Meta Knight in texas to make up for brawl.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT

What is this voodoo!?!?!?! Do my eyes deceive?

And i remember suggesting a backhand reflector like a year and a half ago. But then again, Who DIDN'T suggest something like that aye?

Last edited:

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I'll put together a post or thread discussing the nB, probably upon release. While many people here are pretty hyped up about it I'm aware that others would still appreciate more explanation on what motivated us to make it, how it functions, usage suggestions, and the deliberate design calls we made to get it to complement his kit without warping his playstyle.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I'll put together a post or thread discussing the nB, probably upon release. While many people here are pretty hyped up about it I'm aware that others would still appreciate more explanation on what motivated us to make it, how it functions, usage suggestions, and the deliberate design calls we made to get it to complement his kit without warping his playstyle.
The float and reflector ? I think someone said they're the same button, but I'm interested in their full uses. Reflector does look complementary indeed and it doesn't look insanely exploitable. Rather, it's got a particular use at a particular place that discourages opponents with projectiles which, I know many of us can agree, are amongst Ganons hardest match ups in 3.02.

From looking at it, it doesn't seem too laggy but totally punishable from up close. Curious to see it's full functions.

Float I'm more interested to hear. I was scared of an uprgade to the dorf that changed him too much from his feel, but this seems fitting and not too exploitable. It'll up Ganons game but to a point where it helps him do what he does int 3.02 better and without so much risk.

But what do I know eh?

Bazkip

Smash Master
Had a Warlock Punch only free for all on Temple with some guys on Netplay as a farewell to Warlock Punch.

rip Warlock Punch you will be missed but not really.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah well from my point of view it's no use theorycrafting over 3.5s of footage when we're 2 days away from testing it.

I just hope the PM site will whistand the traffic this time (spoiler : it won't).

Also updated thread title.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
...I can't believe that they actually used my idea.
his is absolutely amazing. :4ganondorf:
Keep suggesting new things, you masterful prophet!

But yes this is incredibly hype and only adds to Ganondorf's 3.02 arsenal with new ways to make less ridiculous commitments and even disrespect projectiles to an EXTENT.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Enjoy your float Pea--Ganon mains! Congrats on getting buffs, may you use them to stomp puny Mewtwos around. Teach them a new meaning of "float!"

I'm a Zelda main, and I'm just going to sit in this corner over here and...let you take over... :'-(

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Man... The PMDT is so considerate. Hits me right in the feels. They really didn't have make their release date the day before my birthday... :b:

Hey, @ CORY CORY , does the reflecting backhand thing (we really need a name for it) have an actual hitbox on it?

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I guess we can no longer smoke weed everyday.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Oh Ganon's been buffed? That's cool, now if only I could actually play as hi-

HOLY **** PAL RELEASE

THANK YOU BASED PMBR

Shin F.

Smash Master
Was curious, just came around to see what the reception to Ganon's changes were since I use him as a bit of a secondary character. I'm pretty hype about them myself!
Man... The PMDT is so considerate. Hits me right in the feels. They really didn't have make their release date the day before my birthday... :b:

Hey, @ CORY CORY , does the reflecting backhand thing (we really need a name for it) have an actual hitbox on it?
I've been seeing people refer to it as Dead Man's Volley. Kinda makes sense.

Top Bottom