• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 31, 2015] Peterborough Smash Melee Tournament 2015 (Peterborough, ON)

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
PETERBOROUGH SMASH MELEE TOURNAMENT
Hosted by Vorde

Peterborough ON first Super Smash Brothers Melee Tournament
Starts @ 12pm - 10pm
Jeff's Cards and Comics @ 422 George Street North, Peterborough, ON K9H 3R5
(705) 876-0127
Bring Your Own Controller
1 Singles Bracket and 1 Doubles Bracket
$5 Venue Fee, $5 Entree Fee for Each Bracket
Standard Tournament Rules (Paper with the tournaments ruling will be provided to each player)
4 Stocks, 8 minute timer, no items, only tournament viable stages (Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland, Final Destination, and Battlefield)
Any questions or comments, leave below

Aeken

Smash Rookie
NNID
SilverBlayde
Yay, now I can kick ass, AND get paid!

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
I'm going to be waking up early, and getting to the venue by around 10:30 or so to try and get things set up early etc. Does anyone have a laptop they can bring? I'm bringing mine, but I would really like to have a backup just incase something happens. Something always happens lol
Also the Don't Get Cocky meme, that should have Falco's face on it instead :p

Sawrik

Smash Rookie
I'm going to be waking up early, and getting to the venue by around 10:30 or so to try and get things set up early etc. Does anyone have a laptop they can bring? I'm bringing mine, but I would really like to have a backup just incase something happens. Something always happens lol
Also the Don't Get Cocky meme, that should have Falco's face on it instead :p
I can bring mine, what will we be using it for?

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Keeping track of sets, and the bracket. I plan on using my own laptop but I would like to have a backup incase something happens. I am not manually writing out all the brackets by hand, lol.
I need to train like mad, I was literally getting bent-over by everyone yesterday. I can't believe how much I suck after that 2 week hiatus...

2Kawaii2Live

Smash Rookie
Im going to assume that its an all ages tourney due to its location. To sign up, you just need to show up, pay your venue fee and entry fee (singles/doubles/both) and BAM you are playing the greatest game ever.

2Kawaii2Live

Smash Rookie
Hey man, smash is a game for all ages. I for one welcome anyone with open arms as long as they play smash, everyone in this community is pretty chill so I'm sure they would make you feel welcome.

SAINAR

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2809-7600-5193
A friend of mine just found out about this (it's sheepnado) so he and I may be coming. btw will this ever happen again? just in case we miss it.

Last edited:

SAINAR

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2809-7600-5193
my friend just found out about this and we may be coming. btw will this ever happen again? just in case we can't come.

SAINAR

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2809-7600-5193
oh sorry, I posted that twice and I can't seem to find a delete option on my stupid ipod

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
A friend of mine just found out about this (it's sheepnado) so he and I may be coming. btw will this ever happen again? just in case we miss it.
All ages are welcome at my tournament, I don't care what age people are as long as people are respectful, follow the rules, and don't start drama. Anyone starting drama will be gone. No exceptions. If you're salty and you want to talk trash, take it outside.
Yes this will be happening next month if this first one goes well. Do what you can to make it out though!
Any other questions, please post them here :)

SAINAR

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2809-7600-5193
All ages are welcome at my tournament, I don't care what age people are as long as people are respectful, follow the rules, and don't start drama. Anyone starting drama will be gone. No exceptions. If you're salty and you want to talk trash, take it outside.
Yes this will be happening next month if this first one goes well. Do what you can to make it out though!
Any other questions, please post them here :)
Great, thanks!

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Thanks so much to everyone who made it out for this great tournament. We more than doubled how many people had signed up with 24 entrants. Lets try and break the record next month!
Congratulations to ShinyMewTwo, Sawrik, and Freyya on making it into top 3.
The bracket is as follows (sorry if it's difficult to read)
Bracket.png

SAINAR

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2809-7600-5193
Amazing! Too bad I had to leave, (yeah I'm that nooby kid who is much more shy in person than on the internet) but it looked like it was very fun!

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Amazing! Too bad I had to leave, (yeah I'm that nooby kid who is much more shy in person than on the internet) but it looked like it was very fun!
No worries, just glad you came out. You should join the ptbo smash group on Facebook and come out to the friendlies sometime. I usually host on Mondays from 6:30 - 10:30 and others host on Wednesdays :)

SAINAR

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2809-7600-5193
No worries, just glad you came out. You should join the ptbo smash group on Facebook and come out to the friendlies sometime. I usually host on Mondays from 6:30 - 10:30 and others host on Wednesdays :)
I might, who knows...

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Thanks so much to everyone who made it out for this great tournament. We more than doubled how many people had signed up with 24 entrants. Lets try and break the record next month!
Congratulations to ShinyMewTwo, Sawrik, and Freyya on making it into top 3.
The bracket is as follows (sorry if it's difficult to read)
View attachment 37773
Nothing like going against top 3 right near the beginning. The next tournament is going to be seeded based off of this. I'm hoping for it to be at the end of Feb. If not possible, I will make it the first week of March. Eitherway, get practice people :)

2Kawaii2Live

Smash Rookie
Nothing like going against top 3 right near the beginning. The next tournament is going to be seeded based off of this. I'm hoping for it to be at the end of Feb. If not possible, I will make it the first week of March. Eitherway, get practice people :)
YAY SEEDING! Now I dont have to worry about getting destroyed first game

Boomerang78

Smash Rookie
NNID
BoomerangFlash
It was definitely a fun tournament! I got seeded against Freyya the first match I had so I know the pain of having to play a Top 3 player the first match. I had a lot of fun in friendlies too; Roy dittos on Poke Floats is the true test of competitive skill.

Top Bottom