• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 31, 2015] 4 Glory: A Smash 4 monthly series! (The Woodlands, Texas)

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
So I'm pretty sure I'll be in town for this event, so I might be there. SA represent!
Anyway, can I get the name of the place this is at? Google is being dumb and won't give m the name whenever I search the address. :p

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
So I'm pretty sure I'll be in town for this event, so I might be there. SA represent!
Anyway, can I get the name of the place this is at? Google is being dumb and won't give m the name whenever I search the address. :p
It is a karate dojo right across the street from a walmart in the area. here is the yellow pages http://www.yellowpages.com/the-woodlands-tx/mip/buke-ryu-martial-arts-468793976

message me if you need help finding the place, it can be tough to find first time

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
.You should take a picture of the giant street sign so people know where enter.

DieKommissar

Smash Rookie
So, I'm new to the competitive Smash scene, but I think I would like to come and get stomped on!

Is it alright that I'm not too familiar with tourney rules?
The last thing I would like to become is a hindrance to other competitors...

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
So, I'm new to the competitive Smash scene, but I think I would like to come and get stomped on!

Is it alright that I'm not too familiar with tourney rules?
The last thing I would like to become is a hindrance to other competitors...
No worries man come of by and I'll explain everything to you the best I can. I'll be the guy running around most likely in a goofy t shirt and a dumb hat. Everyone is real friendly here and they will help you along the way hope to see you

DieKommissar

Smash Rookie
No worries man come of by and I'll explain everything to you the best I can. I'll be the guy running around most likely in a goofy t shirt and a dumb hat. Everyone is real friendly here and they will help you along the way hope to see you
Great, sounds fun!

Cleaningsnow1

Smash Rookie
Well is there a possibility I can get there not at registration time? More like around 1:30-2:00ish?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Bring your own controller of choice. But if it has been problems, you are responsible.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
I'm also gonna be running an Amiibo side event at For Glory 4. Some details:
  • $3 entry fee per Amiibo
  • You can enter multiple Amiibos, but the bracket will be random and not seeded so it's a very real possibility your Amiibos could fight each other
  • Custom moves and feeding equipment is legal
  • Double elimination
  • 3 stocks, 8 minutes. In case of time out, stock will determine winner then percentage
  • Items are ON and set to medium
  • Stage choice is random and only legal stages from the starter and counterpicks can be selected (will be changing random stage select to make this work)
  • Each round will be best of 3, including finals
  • Winner take all if less than 8 Amiibos enter, more than 8 Amiibos means payout is 60/30/10 (top 3).
So bring the Amiibo you've worked so hard on (or not)!

Last edited:

SinksAdventure

Smash Rookie
I am also fairly new to smash tourneys but have been playing seriously for over a year. I am not too familiar with all the tourney rules but I think I will be able to get by.
I am looking forward to it!

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Neglected to mention the Amiibo event will run at the same as doubles (12:45pm), and registration period for it will be the same (12-12:30pm). That gets my set-up freed up for singles which will probably be needed at that point.

Cleaningsnow1

Smash Rookie
Ok well thanks Alex. Btw is there somewhere on smash boards that I can find basic terminology of smash? As in counter pick and such. Could you give me a link? I've been searching everywhere for more information about this but it's nowhere.

diegot143

Smash Cadet
can you use regular game cube controllers or do you need those new black ones? Sorry for the nubish question lol.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Ok well thanks Alex. Btw is there somewhere on smash boards that I can find basic terminology of smash? As in counter pick and such. Could you give me a link? I've been searching everywhere for more information about this but it's nowhere.
I can explain it all to you when you arrive at the venue. Ill be wearing a red shirt and maybe a red and white beanie. Just ask me when you get there

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Or you can ask right now and I'll help you out.

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
I have fully confirmed I can be there, and now need a partner for doubles!
*squints at leaf*

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
One last thing. It seems I've managed to forget my GameCube controller at my house in San Antonio. If anyone could possibly bring an extra controller to let me use during the tournament, it would be much appreciated!

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I ended up finding a doubles partner a while back, sorry guys.
But I'll see people there tomorrow for sure! I got a car of a few people that are coming with me.

And my ****ty CRT setup because I haven't gotten a good TV yet lol

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
Sorry I had to un-RSVP. Wish with all my heart I could make it out to see you guys again... hope you all have fun.

InkSho

Smash Rookie
NNID
Minamimot0
I am also fairly new to smash tourneys but have been playing seriously for over a year. I am not too familiar with all the tourney rules but I think I will be able to get by.
I am looking forward to it!
more like stiiiiink!

gigglesSSb4

Smash Rookie
NNID
Draztica
Am I able to show up early? I live like 5 mins away and i kind of just want to leave already haha

gigglesSSb4

Smash Rookie
NNID
Draztica
One last thing. It seems I've managed to forget my GameCube controller at my house in San Antonio. If anyone could possibly bring an extra controller to let me use during the tournament, it would be much appreciated!
I can bring you a controller. the only thing wrong with it is that the grip thats originally on the analog stick is gone, not sure why. If you want you can use it, I haven't had problems using it

Top Bottom