• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 25, 2015] UGC Smash v2.4 (Smash 4 Wii U)! (Los Angeles, California)

Nottheguitar

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm planning on comming out on the 3 as my first tournament and got my used controller . I'm planning on entering smash 4 and brawl but I doubt I'm going to get very far as if now. Are there any opportunities to play something like a friendly matches with some of you guys afterwards or in between matches?
I was there a few times ago, and there was plenty of time to do friendlies if you get there early enough! I'd definitely do some matches with you.

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
Do we get in free if we bring our Wii U and Gamecube controller adapter/

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
I was there a few times ago, and there was plenty of time to do friendlies if you get there early enough! I'd definitely do some matches with you.
Speaking of this, I learned the hard way, if you want to do friendlies, and you know you do, get there as early as possible. Friendlies become very sparse once the Tournaments begin, and you're technically not supposed to be playing friendlies at all during the tournaments (because all the setups are needed for matches). Once the tournaments end, friendlies might happen, but they quickly wind down as people take their setups home. Best time for friendlies is while signups are happening.

D

Deleted member

Updated OP. Last weekly before Final Battle! Register for it if you havent!

Also to answer previous questions:
We would love for you to bring setups (adapters/wii u's) but the venue only gives discounts for bigger events such as Final Battle.
There are some extra gamecube controllers at the venue but they aren't in the best condition.

Results are always posted in the result section of smashboards (lol) but I'll link them here

v2.2 Weekly #20

v2.1 Weekly #19

Stream

Youtube

D

Deleted member

Sorry haven't been answering questions as of late, entirely my fault.
I'd be able to come, I'm a rookie to the tournament scene, so I might need some guidance. I also have a GameCube Adapter, should I bring mine?
For the next time, gamecube adapters aren't required but we'd really appreciate it in case we need to use one for a setup to make the tournament go by faster!

Hi I'm planning on comming out on the 3 as my first tournament and got my used controller . I'm planning on entering smash 4 and brawl but I doubt I'm going to get very far as if now. Are there any opportunities to play something like a friendly matches with some of you guys afterwards or in between matches?
Friendlies before/after singles or when designated is appropriate; doing friendlies on a tournament setup hurts the flow of the tournament as I assume every match is a tournament match. I advise to either ask if there are any friendly setups open or get there early to play friendlies.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, what's been the average turnout of this so far? :)
Very late response, but the average turnout has been amazing! We get at least 30 people for each weekly and last week we managed to get 74 entrants! I encourage you to come if you haven't already :)

D

Deleted member

Updated OP again. Switching this to sunday due to 3 other tournaments going on on Saturday. Don't wanna conflict with them.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
Yikes. Sunday is harder for me, but I'll try to at least come, even if I have to leave early. Totally understand though.

Last edited:

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
There's no age restriction for entering, right? It's just that I'm 15, and that's pretty young for a Smasher, since most Smashers are most likely older than 18.

D

Deleted member

There's no age restriction for entering, right? It's just that I'm 15, and that's pretty young for a Smasher, since most Smashers are most likely older than 18.
Nope! Also, please note this is not actually this sunday but the week after.

D

Deleted member

We tend to switch between Saturdays and Sundays since a bunch of other tournaments tend to be on the same day. I believe its actually going to be on a sunday again.

PandaBeeeaar

Smash Rookie
NNID
PandaBear
3DS FC
4270-3021-2346
Hey, I'm new and I was planning to come by and join the tournament, so just to clarify, there won't be a tournament this sunday.. correct? 0.o

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Are the results for these tournies posted anywhere? I went to one of them and am wondering where I placed

Yukikoburry

Smash Rookie
Zan by any chance do you know what time singles starts? I get off work at 2:30 hoping I can still sign up by than. If not its cool. Good job with Final Battle by the way!

D

Deleted member

Zan by any chance do you know what time singles starts? I get off work at 2:30 hoping I can still sign up by than. If not its cool. Good job with Final Battle by the way!
Singles would probably start at about 2 or 2:30.

D

Deleted member

Some news:
After some circumstances, I won't be hosting or attending UGC events anymore. After this sunday I will not be updating this thread. You can contact them if needed.
Sorry about this sudden change, but I've been notified that I was not needed there after trying to fix problems with the venue.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
Wait, so what does that mean for UGC? Will someone else TO the events, or are they over?

Yukikoburry

Smash Rookie
Some news:
After some circumstances, I won't be hosting or attending UGC events anymore. After this sunday I will not be updating this thread. You can contact them if needed.
Sorry about this sudden change, but I've been notified that I was not needed there after trying to fix problems with the venue.
Aw I never got to attend any of them, hopefully I can attend one of your events one day where ever you go in socal.

D

Deleted member

Wait, so what does that mean for UGC? Will someone else TO the events, or are they over?
The weeklies will still be going on, but you'll need to contact them for further details as I won't know.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Some news:
Sorry to hear man, that's a shame. I only attended one of the weeklies and you were a cool dude.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
The weeklies will still be going on, but you'll need to contact them for further details as I won't know.
That's going to suck, because whoever's in charge of UGC's website and email hasn't looked at either of them since last year.

Top Bottom