• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 20, 2015] Smash @ Packrat (Hilliard, OH)

Mattatari

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
MATT#715
NNID
TheSaiyanKid
3DS FC
0817-5200-0570
When will the next one be?

SoulPech

Smash Master
This will be updated when i get home from work, but the next one will be moved to September 9th (week from now). After that, it'll be Sept. 30th (back to normal)

greenfield

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5155-3332-7260
This will be updated when i get home from work, but the next one will be moved to September 9th (week from now). After that, it'll be Sept. 30th (back to normal)
Friend of mine and myself are looking into coming to one of these (0 tournament experience). We just show up at 6, pay the entrance fee, and play smash, right?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Pretty much. Tournament itself usually doesn't start until 8, but the earlier you get yourself registered and paid for, the better for everyone involved. Matches will start being called when the tournament begins - just listen for your name and ask around to find the opponent named to play you.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Friend of mine and myself are looking into coming to one of these (0 tournament experience). We just show up at 6, pay the entrance fee, and play smash, right?
Hello,

so the tourney starts at 8, but we can be there as early as 6. Normally, people get there around 6 to just play around and eat before the tourney begins. It'll be better to preregister for this (i'll post the link in the OP) and pay @ the door prior to 8.

SuperNAC

Smash Rookie
Also this is a great way to start getting involved in the smash community (particularly Columbus). I just started coming to these a few weeks ago with 0 tournament experience and I've had a blast at every one that I've been to so far. All the people here are extremely friendly and great to play smash with. I couldn't possibly recommend this enough for new players

SuperNAC

Smash Rookie
is this one planned to be single elimination or are they plans to change to a double elimination style like usual? noticed there's no losers bracket this time around...

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
its double elimination.... I will look at Challonge again I might have put it on the wrong setting by accident but thats NP once simple click and it'll add in a Losers bracket again.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Bad news, I swapped shifts to Monday to cover a friend, so I gotta cover dat. Good news, this frees up my Tuesday night!

D

Deleted member

Hyped for this event! Gonna see some new faces here this time and I'm really looking forward to it.

Also...3rd main incoming. Challenger Approaching!

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Fun times everyone! Videos I captured will be up here as per usual. Missed a few hype sets, but managed to record quite a few as well. Will pretty up details later/wait for Soulpech's awesome thumbnails.

SoulPech

Smash Master
FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 5 RESULTS
1. Fizzle :ivysaur:
2. Drephen :sheik:
3. PuppyChow :toonlink:
4. Carls :wario:
5. Karaoke Man :yoshi2:
5. Papa :ivysaur::dedede:
7. Prince Abu :fox::pit:
7. SoleCalibur :sheik:
9. And :ike:
9. ESI.GG | Brett
9. MasterWGS :diddy::lucas:
9. R00 :rob:
13. Gold :ganondorf:
13. 1UP :rob:
13. AfroNinja :falcon:
13. Paradigm :samus2:
17. ESI.GG | Amar
17. Dad :peach:
17. Dro
17. Eggs :yoshi2:
17. FlyingDutch
17. livewirewarrior :kirby2:
17. PeppyWil :fox:
17. XYK :luigi2::mario2::wario:
25. Cryosomnus :mewtwopm::bowser2:
25. Indel
25. Markusebear
25. Mplusplus
25. Juushichi (DROP)
25. ******* | QuincyBones
25. RightInThePercyJackson
25. ShedChemist
33. AlfaStryke :yoshi2:
33. BerryBomber
33. clintombment :yoshi2:
33. drew1
33. iamgroot
33. kifi
33. Poppo
33. Silmerion :lucas:
33. Skeith
33. Someone :lucas:
33. SuperNAC
33. Suyon DROP
33. Vaginal Hubris :ness2:
33. YI20

Last edited:

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Long post inc regarding Fight Night... PLEASE READ IT!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!

First thing's first the sign up for Fight Night 6 will be up later on tonight so keep your peepers peeled for that

Ok so in light of the recent Fight Night's It has been decided there will be 3 major changes until we can get venue space of our own.....

The first change will be the Bracket will have a 32 person Cap. This will be first come first serve. If you do fill a spot by per-registering like usual, please MAKE SURE YOU COME!!! If you do not show up for the event and don't drop your spot 24 hours prior you will be BANNED for the next two fight night events. That will be an asshole thing to do to because I know 40-50 people wants to show up at this and you taking a spot and not showing up is really messed up. Second offense will be a 90 day ban!

Second change is due to our cap I will have to (as much as I don't want to) raise the price to $5. Simple as that.... with that said this should have a little more weight in the Power Rankings (gotta talk to Colten about that).

Final thing, Seeding and bracket placement will be slightly different (this is important Abhishek so pay attention). Everyone who joins the fight night will be seeded from 1-8 (1 being highest projected winning). Each seeding will be RANDOMLY placed in their respected bracket. For example if the top 4/ 1st seed are Fizzle, Drephen, Ahbi and Puppychow in that respected order, instead of me always separating Fizzle and Drephen to fight in Winners Finals, the 4 will be randomly drawn to be put in the 1-4 spots. So it is possible the top 2 will face eachother in Semi's even! Who knows. I will run a Random Number Generator for each spot!

SoulPech

Smash Master
Updates:

1) Due to the huge increase of interest at these events, we have to put a cap @ these events. I do apologize for the inconvenience, but the intent of these tourneys are to test strengths of our peers, as well as to have an enjoyable experience. With 40+ entrants, it abuses the fire code. Also, this is the FGC's venue and we're also taking advantage of their venue. So until we find a new venue, we're having a capped even of 32 entrants.

2) We need to setup in the back of the venue. We normally hog the front, but that area should be reserved for the fgc. Plus, it's easier for the to navigate back and forth since they play multiple games unlike the most of us just play one game.

That is all.

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys for Fight Night, Please start using the back area. After talking to Columbus Fight Group, they are only allowing us to use the back area for our Smash events. So if we can start putting the setups in the back.... that will be great... Thanks guys

Oh.... I know its super ****ing late but here is Fight Night 6
Remember it is 32 man cap... if it is filled you can go to a waiting list and hope someone drops out.

http://columbussmash.challonge.com/tournaments/signup/AajcXuG02P

SoulPech

Smash Master
1) You can enter anytime, but right now there's a 32 capped space which is already filled. You can go on the waitlist (looks like you already registered)

2) It's normally a biweekly, so once when this one ends we'll post registration for the next one

3) Do you have facebook?

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
Fight Night - Round 6 Results:
1 Hanky Panky :peach:
2 Fizzle :ivysaur::mario2::diddy:
3 Abu :fox::pit:
4 Carls :kirby2::wario:
5 Ola :toonlink:
5 Drephen :sheik:
7 Suyon :ike:
7 SoulPech :jigglypuff::marth:
9 1up :rob:
9 Fugazi :ganondorf:
9 Watterman :lucas:
9 XYK :luigi2:
13 Afro-Ninja :falcon:
13 livewirewarrior :kirby2:
13 Papa :ivysaur:
13 R00 :rob:
17 AlfaStryke :yoshi2:
17 Dad :dk2:
17 Eggs :yoshi2:
17 FrenzieFool :mario2:
17 Gunpunch :samus2:
17 solecalibur :sheik:
17 Quincy :charizard:
17 YI20 :dedede:
25 Berry Bomber
25 clintombment :yoshi2:
25 CryoSomnus :mewtwopm:
25 Dro :mario2:
25 Markusebear :ness2:
25 RightInThePercyJackson :ike:
25 Silmerion :lucas:
25 Someone :lucas:

http://columbussmash.challonge.com/fightnight6/standings

Mattatari

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
MATT#715
NNID
TheSaiyanKid
3DS FC
0817-5200-0570
Whens registration for the next one?

Nipurusu

Smash Rookie
Went to Packrat 6 this past tuesday with no tournament experience and had a helluva lotta fun. Can't recommend it enough for newer players. I was apprehensive at first as we nerds can sometimes be but damn if I didn't feel at home soon after the first few friendlies. Learned some cool stuff and met some cool people.

Only entered smash 4 but I just got PM running on my softmodded wii so I look forward to learning it and getting in on that next time. :)

Thanks to everybody who was so welcoming and willing to help/give advice. and thanks to AlfaStryke for organizing!

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Went to Packrat 6 this past tuesday with no tournament experience and had a helluva lotta fun. Can't recommend it enough for newer players. I was apprehensive at first as we nerds can sometimes be but damn if I didn't feel at home soon after the first few friendlies. Learned some cool stuff and met some cool people.

Only entered smash 4 but I just got PM running on my softmodded wii so I look forward to learning it and getting in on that next time. :)

Thanks to everybody who was so welcoming and willing to help/give advice. and thanks to AlfaStryke for organizing!
No problem man I am glad you enjoyed yourself :b:. These bi-weeklies are specifically made for newer players in mind. I do these so people can come, have some tournament experience before going into a big tournament (BTW I am having one Feb 14), and learn more and have fun. There is a Columbus Smash Wii U and 3DS facebook group if you are not a part of that yet. You can always go there and ask for help and see if anyone is willing to play online matches with you. Im always down for some frendlies! My biggest recommendation is to let your friends know and invited them over to our bi-weeklies simply because it is you guys who make the tournament. I just call matches, collect money, and pay out the winners lol. The more people = the more fun you will have. But this turnout was awesome, even I myself had a blast running this event and Im excited to see in about a week and a half (Feb 3rd). I will try to make flyers and print them out so you guys can help spread the word!

Top Bottom