• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Jan 2, 2016] Eagle Anime Weekly Smash Tournament (Oakdale, MN)

TheyCallMeTakeo

Smash Cadet
Every Saturday starting in 2016, Eagle Anime in Oakdale, MN will be hosting Smash Tournaments on a weekly basis. We'll be playing Smash for Wii-U and using SLG's rules. The tournaments will be done in Double Elimination format and is open to all skill levels and ages. Prizes will be TBA.

See the Eagle Anime FB Page for up-to-date details upcoming events (such as Singles and Doubles tournaments, prize announcements, rule changes, links to real-time-updated tournament bracket, any event changes and cancellations, and winner of each tournament as they're completed).
https://www.facebook.com/eagleanimepage/

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Brickyoyo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brickyoyo
Thank you! I wouldn't be able to make every Saturday but I do plan on coming in a few weeks! I finally found a tournament that is not from 2 years ago. I just wanted to make sure, is it in the Mall Of America location or Oakdale? I'd assume Oakdale, just want to be sure. And what time does it start? Also, where do I sign-up?

Last edited:

TheyCallMeTakeo

Smash Cadet
It's the Oakdale location. It starts at 1PM, but we usually hold off for people to sign up, You sign up at the door and I'll get you squared away and entered into the tournament.

TheyCallMeTakeo

Smash Cadet
Yup. It's the easiest rules to follow, with some slight variations. In future weeks (read: February) we'll be mixing it up a bit with different challenges too or different formats. As for what, we'll have to see then. But, until then, today's another Tourney and if you have any questions, ask here or on the FB page.

Brickyoyo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brickyoyo
Just noticed separate listings for all the tournaments. BTW, are all controller types legal?

TheyCallMeTakeo

Smash Cadet
Yup, except for wireless GC Controllers. Otherwise, feel free to bring your own. Wiimote, Wiimote w/ Nunchuk, GC Controllers, and Wii U Gamepad are all legal and will be provided at the tourney out at Eagle. Wii U Pro Controllers are also legal, but we don't have any to provide so if that's your controller of choice and you have one, feel free to bring it. Using a 3DS as a controller is subject to approval though, so if that's what you want to use, we can work it out at the Tournament.

Brickyoyo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brickyoyo
Wireless GC as in the ones that plug into the WiiMote? That's what I was planning on using but I can use something else.

TheyCallMeTakeo

Smash Cadet
No, those are fine. When I say Wireless GC controller, I mean the old Gamecube ones that plug directly into the Gamecube controller port. They've been known to cause problems. But the ones that plug into the WiiMote are fine.

Brickyoyo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brickyoyo
Hmm...Never heard of those. Anyways, thanks! I'll see you in a few hours

Mr_towel_Man

Smash Apprentice
No, sorry. I no longer work for the company. I may return to hosting them in the future, however, it's going to be tough as I travel a lot.
Ok. That is unfortunate. I am a younger smash player who would absolutely love the experience of playing in a tournament. I have been looking around and can't find anyone who hosts a tournament in minnesota. I know of Minnesota Smash but I am not able to make those. So if you come across anything please let me know. Thanks! :)

bossbibarel

Smash Rookie
Every Saturday starting in 2016, Eagle Anime in Oakdale, MN will be hosting Smash Tournaments on a weekly basis. We'll be playing Smash for Wii-U and using SLG's rules. The tournaments will be done in Double Elimination format and is open to all skill levels and ages. Prizes will be TBA.

See the Eagle Anime FB Page for up-to-date details upcoming events (such as Singles and Doubles tournaments, prize announcements, rule changes, links to real-time-updated tournament bracket, any event changes and cancellations, and winner of each tournament as they're completed).
https://www.facebook.com/eagleanimepage/

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
How many people do you usually get at the tournament

Top Bottom