• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Izaw: The Art Of Falco

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Want to become a better Falco player? Want to go in depth to learn all about this character? Personally prefer the air? The Art of Falco can help with all of this and more! Created by Swedish player Izaw, creator of the Art of Link series, this covers his combo game, advanced techniques, and more. Give it a watch and learn all about Falco in Smash 4!

SmashCapps wants to give a special shoutout to olween for the epic cosplay featured in this article. To keep up with all things Smash be sure to follow @SmashCapps on Twitter.

Ascen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ascendtothetop
Even though I don't use Falco, I'm still going to watch this for the MU knowledge. Izaw knows his stuff about his characters.

Daybreak502

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EricAJ
If it went into his smashes tilts and ariels on their own like he did with specials it would have been perfect but still best falco guide iv seen

Smash Ace
Did he say he would do Art of Falcon? Sry for doublepost didnt mean to

Last edited:

FoolishPaul

Smash Rookie
NNID
FoolishPaul
Best Character in the game imo. I mean I have the most fun with him, very underrated due to his ability to kill pretty early (bair, fsmash, dair, fair combos, dtilt kills at 125+ but it comes out pretty fast). I believe Ktar was the highest ranked Falco at evo gettting 65th. I hope someone a little bit higher picks him up to show what he can really do. Overall if you wanna pick up a solid fun, non sheik lol Falco is the way.

Last edited:

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
I love that cosplay!
Also Sakurai pls buff frame 5 dair frame 4 fair, nair and sexkick bair
ty

iDreamTheater

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iDreamTheater
3DS FC
5472-7184-0561
Haven't seen the video yet since I'm still at work, was planning on watching after. That is really nice to know!

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Haven't seen the video yet since I'm still at work, was planning on watching after. That is really nice to know!
go to the affore mentioned link. Since you cant see the video yet the confirmation is in said link

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
okay, seriously, we need more people like Izaw, this guy does some serious lab work and can really show what a fighter's capable of... now can we get folks who do that everywhere else, even other smash games?

first with Link (twice in Sm4sh), now with Falco. I heard he plays Kirby now, I foresee a new Art of Kirby after Samus.

I'm also plenty pleased that he used exclusively Star Fox Assault music, I feel like one of the few people who actually enjoyed that game.

finally, that Falco Cosplay is Stellar! I particularly liked how they modeled his head, though the beak's a little TOO hooked, if I were to nitpick.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Off topic but awesome username dude. DT is one of my favorite bands. (Everything up until Octavarium where IMO the quality dipped and they let Jordan Ruddess get away with too much of his fairy b.s)

iDreamTheater

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iDreamTheater
3DS FC
5472-7184-0561
I appreciate it. I think that SC and ADToE were their weakest albums. Looking forward to their new material next year, hopefully it impresses!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
okay, seriously, we need more people like Izaw, this guy does some serious lab work and can really show what a fighter's capable of... now can we get folks who do that everywhere else, even other smash games?

first with Link (twice in Sm4sh), now with Falco. I heard he plays Kirby now, I foresee a new Art of Kirby after Samus.

I'm also plenty pleased that he used exclusively Star Fox Assault music, I feel like one of the few people who actually enjoyed that game.

finally, that Falco Cosplay is Stellar! I particularly liked how they modeled his head, though the beak's a little TOO hooked, if I were to nitpick.
He's already done an Art of Kirby...

Uffe

Smash Hero
This video made Falco look a whole lot better. I decided to watch just to see what he is capable of. I'd like no surprises. Art of Samus next? Now that's pretty cool. I could use some tips.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
"Falco's N-air has a windbox"

Hair splitting aside, this seems pretty good, though I don't play Falco. Watching him land 20+ hit combos was excellent and I'd love to see what this character is really capable of.

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
But Falco still has no approach.

Like, the buffs allowed all of this amazing progress, but stuff like FC dair and that dthrow bug are extremely difficult and grant rewards that are free to so many other characters.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Man, I knew Falco had potential, then I look at this.

Wow. (Makes me want to play Falco! Even though I'll probably play Yoshi right afterwards, but still!)

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
THANK GOD WE FINALLY GOT A FALCO (AKA NOT SHIEK) META ADVANCING VIDEO!!!!!! PRAISE THE SUN!

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Excellent guide. Hopefully this will make more people pick up Falco. I find him to be criminally underrated.

Sammy-jack

Smash Rookie
I'm glad there are people willing to explain all of these combos for characters. It really helps me know what I can get into, if I fight them, or can do, if I want to play as them.

I wanna fight Izaw one day :p

Top Bottom