• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
If I were you, I'd have that Other M Zero Suit low on the priority list since there's already a bunch of quality mods of that. That top Samus clothed costume is a pretty rare one though.
I wouldn't really say so. There is a hybrid (more-or-less) one that is very well done, but no actual Other M ZSS outside of one mod (other models are just edited Brawl model, have noticable clipping issues with hair and just look badly done), which looks kinda awkward because it always has same face. Oh, and none of that specs stuff.
I'd say Other M Samus above all, but thats just me and my preferences. No reason why. Just gimme gimme*.

* - just a joke, i can wait as long as needed and won't rush you.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
IMO, should have used this one.
Oh, btw, will it have its own FS arm cannon model? Another nice thing to have would be it having Other M shadow model instead of Brawl one, but nobody will really notice the difference.
I will be using the arm cannon models and animation from our smash 4 samus mod.

the shadow replacement might be a no, I always forget about the shadow models in all of my imports. don't even pay attention to them in game.

If I were you, I'd have that Other M Zero Suit low on the priority list since there's already a bunch of quality mods of that. That top Samus clothed costume is a pretty rare one though.
I have to work on them at the same time to keep proportions the same. proportion is for stuff like CSPs. it's also for the second alt I wanted to make, young zss. the model for her doesn't exist so I have to put both of them together and custom model some parts.

I wouldn't really say so. There is a hybrid (more-or-less) one that is very well done, but no actual Other M ZSS outside of one mod (other models are just edited Brawl model, have noticable clipping issues with hair and just look badly done), which looks kinda awkward because it always has same face. Oh, and none of that specs stuff.
I'd say Other M Samus above all, but thats just me and my preferences. No reason why. Just gimme gimme*.
* - just a joke, i can wait as long as needed and won't rush you.
that one mod that actually uses the other m zss model is ours (me, taiko, and shun_one) the other guys play-tested and gave feedback, probably should have credited instead of collaborating. I'm just doing a revamp. I didn't know how to do expressions and didn't do a good job optimizing so it lacked a lot of stuff. stuff not in the current that will be in the revamp are:

- expressions
- better other m paralyzer replacement
- final smash eyes
- metal

the other thing that I will do is better vertex the body to be the same as brawl samus, especially the head. some people, including myself didn't like how small her head was. she looked horrible in CSPs and compared to other characters heads.

may show previews of young zss later today, as well as some of the other projects I announced.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
2 more projects from the list have been started, the second alt for the zss other m pack and Sonic Lost World Link DLC Revamp.

apparently I already had this picture taken, just didn't post it when I posted the other zss stuff. must have over-looked it or something. I will probably start modeling some of the extra stuff before getting back to young link.

there are two reason I am revamping this mod:

- my first attempt was too quick and parts of his rig turned out sloppy
- he is one of my top mods. currently has more downloads than the Hyrule Warriors Link Pack. so a touch-up is needed

stuff that the original didn't have that the revamp will have is:

- specs
- metal
- better/fixed rig

will probably have progress pics of updated young zss tomorrow

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
2 more projects from the list have been started, the second alt for the zss other m pack and Sonic Lost World Link DLC Revamp.

apparently I already had this picture taken, just didn't post it when I posted the other zss stuff. must have over-looked it or something. I will probably start modeling some of the extra stuff before getting back to young link.

there are two reason I am revamping this mod:

- my first attempt was too quick and parts of his rig turned out sloppy
- he is one of my top mods. currently has more downloads than the Hyrule Warriors Link Pack. so a touch-up is needed

stuff that the original didn't have that the revamp will have is:

- specs
- metal
- better/fixed rig

will probably have progress pics of updated young zss tomorrow
I noticed something about both ZSS models shown - their hands aren't in usual default pose. So, this must be normal model used during gameplay rather than real-time cutscenes version. Wouldn't it be easier to use that one? Its hands aren't pre-posed and instead are posed in the same as normal T-posed models'. It has no face or neck though.

Gotta go patient for Sonic i guess.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
sorry about the long response time, thought I already replied. I remember writing something up, guess I never posted it to the thread.

I noticed something about both ZSS models shown - their hands aren't in usual default pose. So, this must be normal model used during gameplay rather than real-time cutscenes version. Wouldn't it be easier to use that one? Its hands aren't pre-posed and instead are posed in the same as normal T-posed models'. It has no face or neck though.

Gotta go patient for Sonic i guess.
I got the models from the model resource and this is how they were. I don't know if the other models hands are t-posed. I won't be able to check cause I don't have access to them or the iso.

also, the Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Samus update that you guys asked for is done. Will be using the smash 4 model and the missing/mis-textured recolor(s) will be added. will update the pack later today. I will move the current stuff into a new folder called OLD, doing this incase anyone want to use the see through visor version still. I will not be doing a see through visor version for the update. here are the progress pics:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I got the models from the model resource and this is how they were. I don't know if the other models hands are t-posed. I won't be able to check cause I don't have access to them or the iso.
Oh, ok then. It would take more time to properly set up anyway since the only models with properly t-posed hands either lack a face or its Ridley.
Also, the Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Samus update that you guys asked for is done. Will be using the smash 4 model and the missing/mis-textured recolor(s) will be added. will update the pack later today. I will move the current stuff into a new folder called OLD, doing this incase anyone want to use the see through visor version still. I will not be doing a see through visor version for the update. here are the progress pics:

YES! Yeah, it pretty much is same as Other M model, but whatever, still good to have.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Oh, ok then. It would take more time to properly set up anyway since the only models with properly t-posed hands either lack a face or its Ridley.

YES! Yeah, it pretty much is same as Other M model, but whatever, still good to have.
yeah, I was gonna import her when the smash u models were first available. Then i realized it was pretty much the same thing we made with our vertex version of the other m model. minus the mapping, proportion changes, and texture details. So, i wasn't going to do it. then someone asked about it so I decided to update.

i couldn't make the release yesterday cause KCMM was giving me problems, tried it when got home today after my test and it gave me similar troubles. so she probably won't get update for awhile, gonna see what else i can do for her until i decide to check KCMM again. for now here are some pics

textures have been slightly darken since pics above. she doesn't have all of her materials done cause of the model edits i went back and made, have to re-apply them all. Only have specs applied on the body to help with texture adjustments.

the model changer gun will be a static model, i forgot that i have to replace it. i checked the smash 4 gun and it imports as one single object. i have to separate every single thing and remap some stuff. currently don't feel like doing all that, so that's why i am replacing it with a static model for now. if you guys don't mind waiting another day for the update i can start the gun now and finish it tomorrow. other than that i will release her today with a static model changer.

will probably post recolors pics later today

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
yeah, I was gonna import her when the smash u models were first available. Then i realized it was pretty much the same thing we made with our vertex version of the other m model. minus the mapping, proportion changes, and texture details. So, i wasn't going to do it. then someone asked about it so I decided to update.

i couldn't make the release yesterday cause KCMM was giving me problems, tried it when got home today after my test and it gave me similar troubles. so she probably won't get update for awhile, gonna see what else i can do for her until i decide to check KCMM again. for now here are some pics

textures have been slightly darken since pics above. she doesn't have all of her materials done cause of the model edits i went back and made, have to re-apply them all. Only have specs applied on the body to help with texture adjustments.

the model changer gun will be a static model, i forgot that i have to replace it. i checked the smash 4 gun and it imports as one single object. i have to separate every single thing and remap some stuff. currently don't feel like doing all that, so that's why i am replacing it with a static model for now. if you guys don't mind waiting another day for the update i can start the gun now and finish it tomorrow. other than that i will release her today with a static model changer
...Proportion changes? Never heard of that and looks same to me.

Looks great. Better than previous version. Maybe even too good for the game.
Personally, im fine with a static gun.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
if you have the time, could you post a comparison shot of the old model with the new one?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
...Proportion changes? Never heard of that and looks same to me.

Looks great. Better than previous version. Maybe even too good for the game.
Personally, im fine with a static gun.
The other M model is a bit slimmer than the sm4sh model in a few places. then there are some other random tweaks to the model

if you have the time, could you post a comparison shot of the old model with the new one?
yes, will show it later. gonna focus on getting stuff done for the update right now.

I don't mind waiting another day. Good things come to those who wait...
alright, thanks for being patient

RECOLORS

all visor are currently using the default suit visor textures, the other visor textures are corrupted. I will leave them how they are for previews but will correct the coloring in the update.

still working on the materials for a better look. I also have to create two additional recolors, one for 3.5 and the other for whenever 3.6 comes out. I already have an idea for one. the other I will probably add to the pack later since 3.6 isn't out yet.

also, I forgot to update the HW link pack. during pm's melee taunt link's scarf and hat goes into t-pose. brawl t-pose has his hat looking normal while my t-pose had it sticking straight out. I tried to fix it but it would freeze every time I tried to save it. large leader found a way to fix it. I will be updating the link pack when I update samus. will post some pics of this problem later

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Did you finish the HW Sheik pack? I remember seeing something about you almost being done with it a while back.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Did you finish the HW Sheik pack? I remember seeing something about you almost being done with it a while back.
no, been doing a lot of expression making for the link pack that I decided to take a break from those for awhile. that's why I started on the young link over toon link, he uses texture expressions and not modeled expressions.

when I am ready for modeling expressions again I will be getting back to sheik. that's all that she needs before I can rig and then complete her.

after samus and link update I will be going back to young link. after that I might go back to sheik since she is closer to completion than the rest of my projects. that should be enough time for me to feel like doing expressions again.

Also, the update for sm4sh samus model changer gun might not be as good as what I did before. not saying I did a better job than the actual sm4sh team, it's just that they have way more detail and stuff that it's really time consuming to figure out. with everything being combined as one model, it's even more difficult to separate and figure out

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
wow, new samus is looking excellent
does it still need some model optimization or is it already lagless?
thanks, not sure about lag yet. testing so far has only been on my laggy dolphin emulator. when I am able to try her on my Wii U i'll know for sure. if she does lag it won't be as bad as HW link's lag, she is lower poly then him. I also see some spots that I can optimize incase of lag

also, I managed to separate the parts of the gun, was easier than I thought. now I have to optimize it and rig all the extra pieces my old gun didn't have. gotta optimize it cause adding the new gun pushed her over filesize. had to reduce some textures to get her back into the safe zone. want to be able to keep all or at least the main body and morphball textures as their original HQ textures, which they are at the moment. I still have the materials to do and I don't think she will be under filesize after adding them. so that's another reason for optimizing the gun.

may be some typos in this message, computer is about to restart so I have to post and save everything that I am doing in 4 minutes

Zevarus

Smash Rookie
Hi there, iwantgames! How do you create your CSPs? The stuff you did in your Hyrule Warriors Link pack looks awesome, and I want to try creating quality content like that too. Also, thanks for all your work so far. you're da best! :D

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Hi there, iwantgames! How do you create your CSPs? The stuff you did in your Hyrule Warriors Link pack looks awesome, and I want to try creating quality content like that too. Also, thanks for all your work so far. you're da best! :D
unfortunately I didn't/don't make CSPs, it was all Taiko. I heard rumors that he uses magic to make them. So, I don't think it's possible for you to create that kind of quality content.

jk, he renders them in blender using a 3 point lighting system? After that he uses the images to create CSPs, BPs, and etc.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
with the exception of the recolors the samus update is done. it's 1am so I will be going to bed now, will upload her later today after re-exporting the recolors with the new edits. here are some pics (day & night)

arm cannon animations aren't 100% like it is in smash Wii U/3DS, but it's much better than what I had previously did. those animations were very lazy.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
with the exception of the recolors the samus update is done. it's 1am so I will be going to bed now, will upload her later today after re-exporting the recolors with the new edits. here are some pics (day & night)

arm cannon animations aren't 100% like it is in smash Wii U/3DS, but it's much better than what I had previously did. those animations were very lazy.
Looks good as usual. And animations this one had before looked just fine.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Whatever happened to Fierce Deity Link from Hyrule Warriors? Saw a preview back when you were working on the pack and then it wasnt in the pack.
what codex said, he is a whole new import. if I was able to use the expressions from the current HW link I probably would've been and had him done, optimizing the body shouldn't be too much of a problem. also, costumes not done aren't in the pack. when they are finished they will be included, I believe the missing costumes are deity, postman, and young link.

as for samus, I will release her when I get back home sometime after 9pm-10pm (Central Time). I finished re-exporting the recolors and made a new one for the extra slot in 3.5

here is the planned recolor for the new 3.6 slot

it's a major WIP, needed to see how what I did looked so far (UV reasons).

- additional detailing is missing cause it's on other layers (reason for starts going over lines/seams)
- it's pink instead of light purple/blue cause it was the closest recolor base that was already done

Obskore

Smash Ace
what codex said, he is a whole new import. if I was able to use the expressions from the current HW link I probably would've been and had him done, optimizing the body shouldn't be too much of a problem. also, costumes not done aren't in the pack. when they are finished they will be included, I believe the missing costumes are deity, postman, and young link.

as for samus, I will release her when I get back home sometime after 9pm-10pm (Central Time). I finished re-exporting the recolors and made a new one for the extra slot in 3.5

here is the planned recolor for the new 3.6 slot

it's a major WIP, needed to see how what I did looked so far (UV reasons).

- additional detailing is missing cause it's on other layers (reason for starts going over lines/seams)
- it's pink instead of light purple/blue cause it was the closest recolor base that was already done
wait, there'll be an extra slot in 3.6?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I thought/think there will be 10 costumes for each characters. if not, then it can be used a replace for the power suit if you guys don't like that recolor

done with update:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205924

didn't get a chance to test on Wii so I am not sure if it will work on it. I'll try the CSPs and the rest of the menu stuff later
Well, at least Samus is getting one unless Dark Suit recolor is just getting replaced with Dark Suit alt.

YES!

Obskore

Smash Ace
btw, can confirm the Smash 4 Samus gives no lag even with 4 player matches. It can, however, produce slight lag when looking at the model with the pause camera from very close-up angles (just like it happens when looking at Fox/Falco Side-B warp graphics or MK's Dimensional Cape distortion graphics upclose) ... but that's just no real harm anyways

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
alright, thanks for clarifying. I remember them mentioning a model but I forgot which one it was and if it was for another slot or a replacement.

btw, can confirm the Smash 4 Samus gives no lag even with 4 player matches. It can, however, produce slight lag when looking at the model with the pause camera from very close-up angles (just like it happens when looking at Fox/Falco Side-B warp graphics or MK's Dimensional Cape distortion graphics upclose) ... but that's just no real harm anyways
thanks for letting me know, really appreciate it.

will be continuing young link over toon link as my next project, here is the latest progress for him

the face looks how it looks because I am setting it up to use textured expressions. after i finish setting it up I need to optimize him, touch up on the rig, and make edits to his fit.pac to work over toon link

Obskore

Smash Ace
the Wii U Samus model does funny things

btw, shouldn't the Dark Samus recolor have a blue light on her left hand instead of green?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
the Wii U Samus model does funny things

btw, shouldn't the Dark Samus recolor have a blue light on her left hand instead of green?
yeah, i'm not the best rigger so that's the best that I can manage. I may try looking at the rig of the actual smash 4 model to see if I can correct it. but for now that's the best that i can manage with my current rigging skills, sorry

I wasn't really sure how I should rig it with the proportion differences

the recolors are straight from the game, minus the visors and the power suit recolor. I had to make the power suit myself and the visors got corrupted so I had remake those.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
working on samus torso right now, hopefully i can fix it and update her again later this week. if i can't fix it, i will still update the pack with the commercial suit now that it's finished. pics in spoiler

The new Brawlbox is able to render the materials now. So, it looks exactly how it will looks in game, may differ a little with stage lighting

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
You may also wanna mess with her arms/shoulders a bit. When she does moves like fair and I believe dair, her shoulder sticks out in front of her shoulder pad.

Thanks for all you've done, man. I thought your original Samus model was one of the best mods I've ever seen, but you've really outdone yourself with this import. I can't wait to see how your Roy turns out.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
working on samus torso right now, hopefully i can fix it and update her again later this week. if i can't fix it, i will still update the pack with the commercial suit now that it's finished. pics in spoiler

The new Brawlbox is able to render the materials now. So, it looks exactly how it will looks in game, may differ a little with stage lighting
WOW, now i just wanna make a matching Zero Suit Samus recolor for this one lol

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
alright, thanks for clarifying. I remember them mentioning a model but I forgot which one it was and if it was for another slot or a replacement.

thanks for letting me know, really appreciate it.

will be continuing young link over toon link as my next project, here is the latest progress for him

the face looks how it looks because I am setting it up to use textured expressions. after i finish setting it up I need to optimize him, touch up on the rig, and make edits to his fit.pac to work over toon link
is that the Goron Bracelet on his left wrist? that would be a really cool add XD
anyways sweet! i'm so excited for your awesome work on Young Link!

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit late to commenting on your progress, but regarding your Other M Young Samus (non-zs); would you consider implementing a version with the head, with or without the short hair, of the newest version of SJS' ZSS (v4, I believe)?

I understand you have a lot of project in the works and probably don't want to allocate any extra time, but given the lack of quality ZSS costumes in general I'd be really nice to have one varied alt to go along with that model - not to take away from the one you're working on. Regardless, everything you've posted looks great, and I'm looking forward to a lot of your ongoing projects.

Bag'O'Nuts

PM4LIFE
Hi iwantgames, all your work is incredibly awesome. Do you have any Roy awakening updates to hold us over?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
is that the Goron Bracelet on his left wrist? that would be a really cool add XD
anyways sweet! i'm so excited for your awesome work on Young Link!
thanks and yes, I added those cause his wrist does the twist of death. tried to rig it in a couple of different ways before deciding to just cover it up with something. Remembered he use the goron bracelets in OoT and decided to use that.

I'm a bit late to commenting on your progress, but regarding your Other M Young Samus (non-zs); would you consider implementing a version with the head, with or without the short hair, of the newest version of SJS' ZSS (v4, I believe)?

I understand you have a lot of project in the works and probably don't want to allocate any extra time, but given the lack of quality ZSS costumes in general I'd be really nice to have one varied alt to go along with that model - not to take away from the one you're working on. Regardless, everything you've posted looks great, and I'm looking forward to a lot of your ongoing projects.
Thanks. I might be able to do that, it depends. fitting and rigging it won't be a problem, it's the optimizing that I might have to do. Other M models are pretty high poly, and because SJS use parts of the other m hair for his ZSS it' s also high poly. so that could be a problem because I don't want to optimize them so much that the model quality drops.

the other m zss pack will have more than enough costumes/recolors to fill all of pm slots. both versions of the zero suits will have recolors (12 costumes total), young samus makes 13, and ??? makes 14. if you decide to use the second zero suit as an alt (7), young samus makes 8, and ??? makes 9. still enough to fill up all her slots. So you guys can replace how you want

Hi iwantgames, all your work is incredibly awesome. Do you have any Roy awakening updates to hold us over?
thanks and unfortunately I do not have any progress on roy atm. I took a break form head modeling to work on some of my other projects. I will be working on him on and off as a side project to get him finished asap.

Top Bottom